• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Do you guys think after supposed this duo reveal our next DLC character will be revealed at EVO? Because that's what I'm thinking. Then I think the final one will be revealed at the VGA this year in December.

papagenos

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-0554-8947-9778
So yeah.

At this point I'm on the verge of saying that VRPlant is the same as the person who leaked Ultimate in 2018 on 4chan.

The method of "Dropping information 1 day before it happens" is incredibly oddly specific.

papagenos papagenos , what do you think? You're the one in contact with 'em.

They told me some stuff a few days before hand, other stuff just a day before hand like the Pokemon info. So they could potentially have something anytime now I'd guess. I DO believe they are the person they say they are that leaked Daisy/Ridley on 4chan last year, I've been talking to them regularly and at this point I have no doubts in them.

heres the 4chan post for anyone interested:
vrplantdaisyridley.jpg

Shroob

Sup?
Do you guys think after supposed this duo reveal our next DLC character will be revealed at EVO? Because that's what I'm thinking. Then I think the final one will be revealed at the VGA this year in December.
No.

If I had to guess, unlike Joker, we'll probably get one of the 2 characters released this or next month, and the 2nd will be 'coming soon'. Then they'll be released during the September Direct with a teaser for the next character.

D

Deleted member

Just wanted to comment on something from earlier regarding people asking for Banjo during Smash 64:

Back when Smash 64 was released, people (myself included) didn't knew Melee or Brawl were a thing. Smash 64 while fun growing up, lacked a lot of iconic or popular characters from Nintendo like Bowser, Peach, Wario, Zelda, Ganon/Ganondorf, Mewtwo, Diddy Kong, Dedede, Meta Knight... you know the gist of it (you could ount Sonic as the dream rival and subject to april fools jokes) so it was more common to hear a lot of names for the game instead of a single character and at the time we were hoping for a sequel with more characters as DLC wasn't a thing.

Plus, while Banjo is certainly a relatively popular character he had the misfortune of coming during summertime where you didn't get to talk with many friends during the summer, the same year as Pokemon came in the west (where pretty much Pokemon eclipsed everything) and Ocarina of Time pretty much wowing every person that owned a N64.

Remember that time perception is quite tricky and nowadays Banjo certainly benefits from being somewhat removed from the era due to all the stuff that came that year.

Shroob

Sup?
They told me some stuff a few days before hand, other stuff just a day before hand like the Pokemon info. So they could potentially have something anytime now I'd guess. I DO believe they are the person they say they are that leaked Daisy/Ridley on 4chan last year, I've been talking to them regularly and at this point I have no doubts in them.

heres the 4chan post for anyone interested:
View attachment 226575
This to me 'really' makes me believe that they work on the Youtube channel.

papagenos

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-0554-8947-9778
This to me 'really' makes me believe that they work on the Youtube channel.
I dont think they see anything directly, they may have a connection with some kind of marketing or something or someone is telling them info second hand fairly close to when it drops? unsure. but they werent positive what VR goggles did in smash and just assumed they might be for watching replays and might be part of the 3.1.0 update (but told me they werent sure on the details and i said that in the leak) and then pokemon they didnt know specifics either besides the release date other wise it was just some broad ideas about the game (open world inbetween towns/pokemon walk around like the lets go games/raid battles).

Last edited:

Wyoming

Connery, Sean
Switch FC
7748-5364-3982
Damn if only time could just go by faster. We desperately need to know if the bear and bird are finally getting their due!
Yo bud let me enjoy my weekend, then we discuss E3.

I heard someone is going to leak all of E3...supposedly that was said in GameXplain's discord server. Press x to doubt but I can imagine waking up to something crazy. ESRB and Grinch hoax happened as I woke up one morning. Fun times.

Icedragonadam

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5227-6397-6112
Yo bud let me enjoy my weekend, then we discuss E3.

I heard someone is going to leak all of E3...supposedly that was said in GameXplain's discord server. Press x to doubt but I can imagine waking up to something crazy. ESRB and Grinch hoax happened as I woke up one morning. Fun times.
And that person will be hunted to the ends of the earth by every game company at E3.

Actually this would make me love to play a game where you're a Game leaker and the goal is to leak as much information as you can on the internet without getting caught.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
there's a new avengers game? I mean, I'm rarely up to date on that kinda stuff in particular, but wat?
Yes square Enix announced awhile back they are making one. It’s to be fully revealed at E3.
I mean... I don’t know. It’s Square so it’s gonna be an RPG. That just... doesn’t excite me. Something like Dynasty Warriors or a fighting game? Yes please. But you only go to Square if you want an RPG.
it’s pribably an rpg, but that could be pretty big. I’m interested in seeing how they handle it.

D

Deleted member

I really hope these leaks end up being wrong, and Nintendo subverts our expectations.
Either way, I am still excited to see what the Direct in the 11th has for us!

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
no one:

the 100 geodudes im about to grind because chikorita just learned razorleaf:

1559969385554.png

Shroob

Sup?
I really hope these leaks end up being wrong, and Nintendo subverts our expectations.
Either way, I am still excited to see what the Direct in the 11th has for us!
At this point, subverting the expectations would be a lot more negative than just showing us what's being assumed.

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
At this point, subverting the expectations would be a lot more negative than just showing us what's being assumed.
Yeah, unless it's something incredible, we are well past the point where a subversion would cause a salt fallout that would make the Kencineroar reaction look like a firecracker.

D

Deleted member

But really tho where's your proof of that. That interview was all a hoax.

Last edited by a moderator:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
(Ok last thing before I go back into the shadow realm until E3)

I’m watching Vinny’s E3 2018 videos. And if certain rumors are true, it’s gonna be really funny when that music plays for real after Vinny japed us so many times.
I watched his E3 stuff yesterday actually.

Been looking at a lot of old game ads. MMX1 and MMX2 had really badass ones. And Tekken 3's American ad was funny as hell.

Wyoming

Connery, Sean
Switch FC
7748-5364-3982
But really tho where's your proof of that. That interview was all a hoax.
You mean the no non video games characters one(s)? Those are all true and stated by Sakurai. They are impossible due to licensing complications, and Sakurai still seems to prefer video games only from a personal creative integrity perspectice

Last edited:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
I guess you really want Chikorita to be a Physical Defense tank, huh?
I got Bold nature so hell yea

It's already a Sp. Def tank so might as well add more tank to my tank.

Last edited:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
i just got pokeballs btw

wondering if i should catch a zubat and then grind bell tower with leech life so chikorita doesnt get overleveled

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Watched the gamexplain video. It’s interestinf what the last few minutes have.

First off jon doesn’t thinks it’s erdrick but luminary.

Secondly he thinks banjo is character two and thus by files that would have to mean they are brave and will be shadow dropped after the direct.

He also thinks character 3 will be revealed. They then ask Andre who he thinks will be character 3 and Andre does t know but things it’s someone he probably wouldn't care for.

Jon then chimes without being asked and just goes: “ Leon S Kennedy”. Which sure I could say is maybe trolling or a leak, however...

Jon then predicts a bunch of xbox games coming to switch. One of which will be the master chief collection. And they all bring up how Jon’s “not” a leaker but his predictions are usually spot on.

This whole segment was very on the nose and makes me think at least one of these things is going to happen. So maybe get hyped staindgrey staindgrey for Leon?

Potato_

Smash Lord

Secondly he thinks banjo is character two and thus by files that would have to mean they are brave and will be shadow dropped after the direct.

He also thinks character 3 will be revealed. They then ask Andre who he thinks will be character 3 and Andre does t know but things it’s someone he probably wouldn't care for.

Jon then chimes without being asked and just goes: “ Leon S Kennedy”. Which sure I could say is maybe trolling or a leak, however...

Jon then predicts a bunch of xbox games coming to switch. One of which will be the master chief collection. And they all bring up how Jon’s “not” a leaker but his predictions are usually spot on.

This whole segment was very on the nose and makes me think at least one of these things is going to happen. So maybe get hyped staindgrey staindgrey for Leon?
Jon is a huge Leon/Resident Evil 4 fan, so that might explain why he said that.

I doubt he knows anything right now.

but god I hope he does Leon PLS

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?

Jon's iffy for me.

Like, he's gotten stuff right.

But he was also super on board with Shadow, and, well that didn't happen.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Jon's iffy for me.

Like, he's gotten stuff right.

But he was also super on board with Shadow, and, well that didn't happen.
This is fair, I don’t think everything he says is a leak, but some of it definitely is. He probably tries to mix fake and real to avoid any trouble

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Or maybe instead of Zubat, should I try to go for an :176: instead?

I mean I gotta get Fly from somewhere

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
alright i think i got my hypothetical roster laid out:

- meganium
- crobat
- ampharos
- poliwrtah
- pinsir
- mamoswine

in that specific capture order

and then an HM slave here and there

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
alright i think i got my hypothetical roster laid out:

- meganium
- crobat
- ampharos
- poliwrtah
- pinsir
- mamoswine

in that specific capture order

and then an HM slave here and there
Pretty based team. Poliwrath is great, so is pinsir

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
my only regret with all this is how much of a hype bomb banjo would have been if he hadn't been leaked to hell and back just five days beforehand

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom