• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

I mean.... Minecraft isn’t good for starters..... oh wait, I’m not supposed to say that. Right. Forgot. Sorry.
I think that the game has improved with each update that added more content.

And I owe Minecraft the existence of the wonderful Dragon Quest Builders so there’s that.

But it’s fine to dislike Minecraft as long as you don’t go for anyone who likes it (thankfully you are good on that regard so far).

D

Deleted member

The fact that CJ posting exists on this planet is a bless from heaven.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Alright, think this is how far I go with Jack.
Jack normal.gif

For a first time doing on pixel art and a even longer time time since I did that design , I say I did decent job, but there is room for improvements.

Also, here are some expressions.
Jack emotes.gif

Hope you like it in all cases.

Tagging @Taylor F , Guh-Huzzah! Guh-Huzzah! , Dyllybirdy Dyllybirdy & KarneraMythos KarneraMythos

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
I made a thread about Japanese/Western gaming characters in the fighters pass:

https://smashboards.com/threads/do-...ming-characters-for-the-fighters-pass.484761/

There has been an abundance of interesting discussion surrounding the topic that I thought a thread would be needed to explore the topic in-depth. There is also a poll too, I want to find out how many people believe or not believe in Sakurai sticking to Japanese gaming characters.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
A large portion of the story of Final Fantasy 15 leaked.

Square is definitely not Fort Knox.

Cloud for Smash also leaked, and the same dude that leaked Cloud is leaking Erdrick now.

The idea that “Banjo slides, so Brave is Banjo” is silly considering the more significant connections of Brave with Erdrick.

Whatever happens will be interesting. But there’s no reason to discount Dragon Quest or Erdrick at this point.
That’s fair. I still don’t really like cloud as an example. No one paid attention to it really till after the fact and they didn’t outright name cloud just used a Star Wars city name. Which in hindsight made sense but before cloud No one paid attention to that. I remember closely following leaks then as were a lot of people still and that just didn’t come up.
You know how Microsoft always bring in real cars on stage whenever they're showing Forza? Well this year, to celebrate Banjo's grand return, they're going to release an actual wild brown bear into the audience and livestream the massacre. This is your punishment for leaking things.
The bear is actually going to be pretty chill and gather around the dinner table for his meal like this:
1560012736095.jpeg

And no this isn’t a photoshop it’s actually real

Iridium

Smash Hero
Might want to spoiler tag this. Large images aren't allowed to stretch the screen.

Alright, think this is how far I go with Jack.
View attachment 226619
For a first time doing on pixel art and a even longer time time since I did that design , I say I did decent job, but there is room for improvements.

Also, here are some expressions.
View attachment 226622

Hope you like it in all cases.

Tagging @Taylor F , Guh-Huzzah! Guh-Huzzah! , Dyllybirdy Dyllybirdy & KarneraMythos KarneraMythos
Pretty good. I just want to know who this is.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Might want to spoiler tag this. Large images aren't allowed to stretch the screen.

Pretty good. I just want to know who this is.
One of my OC named Jack.

He is one of the main character of a FNAF-inspired project of mine, tho, he is more of a human robot than a animal one.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
As for a reveal at the tournament today. It would make sense so that both characters don’t take away from the direct and then one of those slots can be used for another game reveal.

However it’s probably not happening. It’s a Sunday and Nintendo usually won’t be too active on their media channels then. Plus we have never gotten a reveal at a tournament before so it’s probably not happening. It’s still at least slightly possible though.

D

Deleted member

Right. Like I said. I’m not allowed to hate Minecraft. I just have to grit my teeth and bare it.
Your allowed to dislike Minecraft, but saying “I mean.... Minecraft isn’t good for starters..... oh wait, I’m not supposed to say that. Right. Forgot. Sorry.” your saying Minecraft is a bad game, 0 questions asked. It’s your opinion. So I feel a more appropriate response would’ve been “Minecraft isn’t my cup of tea” or just nothing at all.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
got a mareep, time to grind some more, get a fishing rod and a poliwhirl, and then grind the **** out of everything one more time

I mean.... Minecraft isn’t good for starters..... oh wait, I’m not supposed to say that. Right. Forgot. Sorry.
ok boomer

drag0nscythe

Smash Master
And yet it’s so limited that I have more fun expressing my creativity with a pencil and paper.
Limited how? That is to vague a statement to mean anything important.

Minecrat allows for endless possible construction, and if people think in pixels, it wven allows for pixel art.

Like I said, it is fun, it just takes creativity. Working with, within and even around the games engine.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
And yet it’s so limited that I have more fun expressing my creativity with a pencil and paper.
you must have a bad imagination

redstone + sticky piston = you can make ****ing mechs baby

you can actually make airplanes with pistons and redstones. very limitied planes, but planes still.

Last edited:

SnakeFighter64

Pranked!
Limited how? That is to vague a statement to mean anything important.

Minecrat allows for endless possible construction, and if people think in pixels, it wven allows for pixel art.

Like I said, it is fun, it just takes creativity. Working with, within and even around the games engine.
For starters, whatever you make HAS to be a blocky mess of pixels. It’s a world without curves. And you only have access to whatever colors and textures are programmed into the game. I’d rather just draw a picture. Or heck, learn 3D modeling.

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
As for a reveal at the tournament today. It would make sense so that both characters don’t take away from the direct and then one of those slots can be used for another game reveal.

However it’s probably not happening. It’s a Sunday and Nintendo usually won’t be too active on their media channels then. Plus we have never gotten a reveal at a tournament before so it’s probably not happening. It’s still at least slightly possible though.
it's a saturday, not sunday - nintendo accounts aren't as busy as weekdays, but they're still active

D

Deleted member

Metal Shop X Metal Shop X speaking of FNAF memes, Foxy’s VA just posted this on Twitter.

1560013951653.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:

drag0nscythe

Smash Master
For starters, whatever you make HAS to be a blocky mess of pixels. It’s a world without curves. And you only have access to whatever colors and textures are programmed into the game. I’d rather just draw a picture. Or heck, learn 3D modeling.
It is blocks. That is the point. And enough blocks makes a circle.

And yes, you are limited ti given textures, unless you mod the pc version to add more. Remember, i said working within the limitations. By this logic, smash stage builder is crap because i cannot use over 100 colors. You work within the bounds to make something engaging and or fun.

And grab blender if you want 3d models.

Minecraft is a good time given the correct circumstances.

SnakeFighter64

Pranked!
It is blocks. That is the point. And enough blocks makes a circle.

And yes, you are limited ti given textures, unless you mod the pc version to add more. Remember, i said working within the limitations. By this logic, smash stage builder is crap because i cannot use over 100 colors. You work within the bounds to make something engaging and or fun.

And grab blender if you want 3d models.

Minecraft is a good time given the correct circumstances.
You can say that all you want. I still don’t think it’s fun.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom