• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

SnakeFighter64

Pranked!
Getting caught in an endless debate over who is the better character, in addition to insults on both sides. You have to admit they don't have it easiest either.
At least their franchise never has to worry about dying. And they never had to argue relevancy or have their character called a “literal who”.

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
Let's not turn this into a ****-measuring contest over which fanbase has it the worst, mkay?
you don't understand my inner angst and turmoil, onereason

but who could ever understand???
the pain and humiliation that we suffer every day
as minecraft fans
as gamers

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
Like let’s be honest: Ultimate is poised to be the “be all end all” Smash game. I don’t see myself anxiously moving on from the game, because the gameplay is solid, content is out of this world, and the roster is unbeatable in my humble opinion.

I have wants. I have Resident Evil i’d like to see. Lloyd Irving and Jill or Leon. If that happened, i’d have quite literally no other requests, probably ever.

Any other time u’ve been shown a new character I didn’t want, I was swiftly convinced of how awesome they were. Robin and Greninja for example were two of my favorite Wii U newcomers. I was immediately surprised, but convinced by Joker.

I might speak out against a pick I don’t care for, but I can be convinced rather easily by a legit announcement.

I still think the “icons” are incomplete without Resident Evil and Dragon Quest. At least, that’s my opinion. I might think other people are wrong, but i’m not going to act as if i’m smarter than other Smash fans on Smashboards.

PsySmasher

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW 8231-8239-3130
I feel like I caused yet another Minecraft argument, when all I was doing was trying to raise the spirits of Steve fans.

Sorry guys...
Buddy, you’ve got nothing to apologize for.

As someone who’s expressed distaste towards the idea of a playable Steve, that doesn’t mean that I don’t see why people would want him.

And they’re legitimately good reasons.

I may not want him, but I can clearly see why others do. Hence why I never really say anything beyond “I just don’t really want him”.

Idk why other people against Steve can’t do the same and just be done with it.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Well the stream is live and the show's starting in 5 minutes. Even if there's no reveals, I wanna see some more of Super Mario Maker 2 in action so it'll be a good time.

osby

Smash Obsessed
I’m certainly happy with Banjo.

How do Minecraft fans have it rough with their decade old multi-million seller.
Because a lot of people online insist on acting like Steve in Smash and Minecraft are the worst things after the Black Plague.

D

Deleted member

but if i write a 5,000 word essay on my most-wanted, sakurai, an avid browser of smashboards dot com, is sure to notice my passion and see the merits of my argument
It would be an essay.

Enlightened
Statements
Solely
About
The Kasumi Train

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

I’m certainly happy with Banjo.

How do Minecraft fans have it rough with their decade old multi-million seller.
How would you feel if I gave you a list of every flaw with Banjo Kazooie and Tooie's structure, design, and comedy, and then concluded that the series is bad because of it? If every time you brought up Banjo because you loved the series, I would go, "Banjo-Kazooie isn't a good game." They do legitimately have problems so it's not hard for me to say

If that makes you uncomfortable, switch Banjo with Minecraft and put yourself into the shoes of Steve fans. It's not fun for them every time you waltz in to say, "Minecraft isn't good."

Potato_

Smash Lord
I think everyone would be a lot more chill if we remember character choices have been made months ago and everything we say and do about the DLC speculation has absolutely zero effect on the outcome.
You're 100% right...

but it could affect the next game

Kidding aside, I think most people that get angry over character choices know that, I think they want to vent and so they pick fights with fans of those characters. Petty as hell but what're ya gonna do.

oh yeah baby, now that's some smash brothers competitive play

View attachment 226637
Honestly this isn't even the worst I've seen from Nintendo tournaments. It isn't too bad.

SnakeFighter64

Pranked!
How would you feel if I gave you a list of every flaw with Banjo Kazooie and Tooie's structure, design, and comedy, and then concluded that the series is bad because of it. If every time you brought up Banjo because you loved the series, I would go, "Banjo-Kazooie isn't a good game." They do legitimately have problems so it's not hard for me to say

If that makes you uncomfortable, switch Banjo with Minecraft and put yourself into the shoes of Steve fans. It's not fun for them every time you waltz in to say, "Minecraft isn't good."
The difference is. Minecraft is a household name that sells millions every day. I can’t feel bad for the people who like that game no matter how much they get harangued.

D

Deleted member

The difference is. Minecraft is a household name that sells millions every day. I can’t feel bad for the people who like that game no matter how much they get harangued.
So you're saying just because their game is still relevant, you think it's an excuse to harass and "harangue" the fans?

BlueMonk

Smash Champion
If you're watching the invitational right now, Youtube is really far behind. Twitch is at the right time.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
As a competitive Smash enthusiast, I’m happy to see Squad Strike being used...

But Nintendo...

Come on.

Just let the items go.

You had no items for the Finals of the invitational last year. So... WTF?
But Sakuraaaaaaaaaai wants tournaments with items.

Ergo, everyone else should do them.

PsySmasher

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW 8231-8239-3130
Guys. Seriously. Can we stop with Minecraft/Banjo debate #243658?

We’ve done this so many times, it’s not even funny anymore.

osby

Smash Obsessed
Then don't. Just don't expect people to feel anything for Banjo fans in return.

BlueMonk

Smash Champion

he doesn't even want people to play with items all the time. He prefers them, but he wants people to enjoy the game however they want. I think they said the real reason they're doing items for this tournament is that they don't want to act like they're trying to replace the real competitive tournaments,

BlueMonk

Smash Champion
why are they playing the audio from both games at the same time, this is awful

drag0nscythe

Smash Master
How altruistic if you.
Tell me more when you end up supporting a 30 year old game with no cult following.

And i still respect minecraft fans and like to see steve.

osby

Smash Obsessed

There are tons of tournaments without items. I don't think one with them turned low is going to do anything to them.

Wunderwaft

Smash Master
Alright I'm jumping to the World Championship Tournament. EA's stream is hot garbage, I don't know why I expected any better from them.

D

Deleted member

My last week of tests starts Monday, and I'll be free for a while. At this point, I'm just tired.

Doesn't happen to me, but I don't get good sleep either. I just get headaches and/or feel like I'll pass out.
Wait, you're still in school? *-*

D

Deleted member

Well the stream is live and the show's starting in 5 minutes. Even if there's no reveals, I wanna see some more of Super Mario Maker 2 in action so it'll be a good time.

Gonna try and finish Odyssey because that's on my bucket list. I'll catch you all when Smash Bros is playing at 4 PM CST

D

Deleted member

I'm just saying that if you don't feel deeply insulted on a personal level because a video game character made it into a crossover, you're doing speculation right.
I feel deeply on agreement with this post.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom