• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

Yeah, Satan urged her to eat the fruit and Eve, the dumb *****, said "Imma listen to this talking snake telling me to eat this fruit god said not to touch" and she took a big chomp and as you can see, god wasnt happy about that
The story of Adam and Eve becomes less their fault when you realize God can see the future, being omnipotent, and sort of just let this happen.

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870
I would jump into this conversation, but 1.) Cosmic and Pumpkaboo shared the thoughts I already had myself, and 2.) nobody would give enough of a crap to listen anyway so what's the point.

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
I just played the Five Nights At Freddy’s VR title. I didn’t play much, but I did repair Bonnie, and Chica, and I played night 1 of the FNAF 2 simulation. I also tried to repair Freddy, and I failed miserably.

Honestly, I think the atmosphere is scarier than the actual jumpscares. It also feels so life like thanks to the inclusion of VR, and on the top of that, the animatronics are giant as ****, even when they are sitting down on a work table. It’a terrifying, but I love it. I do not regret buying a VR headset.

Last edited:

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
The closest thing I can compare God's relationship with mankind to is the relationship between a parent and their unruly 17 year-old daughter.

The dad is like, "Audrey, I can't control what you do, but I promise you that this will end badly." Then the girl is like, "Nuh-uh! I'll do what I want anyway and succeed in life!" Some time passes, the girl realizes she was wrong, and the dad is like, "You idiot, I TOLD you this wouldn't go anywhere good!"

Last edited:

Shadowwolflink

Smash Master
I saw that you guys were posting pet pictures earlier and I wanted to join in haha
20190917_005708.jpg
20190924_131223_HDR.jpg
20181205_230459.jpg

This last one is special because it's the last picture I took of my dog, Twister, who had to be put down the next day due to a freak medical issue last October.
20181019_121636.jpg

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870
I guess? Don't know why God would need to test this out when he can see the events of the future from start to finish to start again.
This is all I'll say: he wanted to give humans enough free will to have the complex minds that we have today. This topic is already something that should be in the debate hall, but tbh I'm not gonna sit back and say nothing. Because this is *quite* important to me and well, it's too late now to move the topic.
Can’t we just finally decide to live at the bottom of the hill and stop climbing back up?
OK, you know what ticks me off about this? You're the one that started the whole debate in the first place, while knowing 1.) that debate hall is better suited for this discussion anyway, and 2.) you're pleading people to not climb back up the debate hill but you started the debate after someone made a simple quip and jumping down their throat when it isn't warranted.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I saw that you guys were posting pet pictures earlier and I wanted to join in haha
View attachment 241330View attachment 241331View attachment 241333
This last one is special because it's the last picture I took of my dog, Twister, who had to be put down the next day due to a freak medical issue last October.
View attachment 241334
Cats and dogs being friends are some of the best pictures. Shame my dogs are racist against cats, but eh. They cute.

IMG_13481.jpg

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
I don't think I want your interpretation on this.
Which is why I didn’t just say it. See I’m learning.
This is all I'll say: he wanted to give humans enough free will to have the complex minds that we have today. This topic is already something that should be in the debate hall, but tbh I'm not gonna sit back and say nothing. Because this is *quite* important to me and well, it's too late now to move the topic.

OK, you know what ticks me off about this? You're the one that started the whole debate in the first place, while knowing 1.) that debate hall is better suited for this discussion anyway, and 2.) you're pleading people to not climb back up the debate hill but you started the debate after someone made a simple quip and jumping down their throat when it isn't warranted.
Is that what You thought I meant? Yikes. I really am bad at this.

I meant let’s just stop trying to be “civil” and start being honest with each other. Discuss the controversial stuff. Leave no stone unturned. And even as I write this I realize why that’s a bad ****ing idea.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Fair enough. I'll drop it.

Shadowwolflink

Smash Master
Cats and dogs being friends are some of the best pictures. Shame my dogs are racist against cats, but eh. They cute.
The one picture of The Friz (the cat) and Willow (the dog) is kind of misleading, I had to take that picture VERY quickly haha, but yeah the picture of The Friz and Twister is amazing because, I think, that's the day we brought The Friz home and she immediately bonded with Twister.

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
Welp, I'm off to work for the night.

Don't do anything too crazy while I'm not looking.

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
We can discuss controversial stuff, but I'd rather limit it to stuff like, "Is SwSh bad?" or "Should the DLC have first-parties?"

I don't think this thread will ever be ready for a civil debate on politics and religion.

Shadowwolflink

Smash Master
We can discuss controversial stuff, but I'd rather limit it to stuff like, "Is SwSh bad?" or "Should the DLC have first-parties?"

I don't think this thread will ever be ready for a civil debate on politics and religion.
Of course first parties shouldn't be excluded from DLC, what kind of nut thinks there shouldn't be any Nintendo characters?

D

Deleted member

Alright, in regards to the whole religion debate going on here:

SHUT THE **** UP ABOUT IT.

(atheist bias incoming)
The thing about religion, is that it's not something that needs to even be mentioned in this thread.
Sure, you may believe in one or another, but maybe, idk, people actually believe in something else?(shock.mp4)
So, why don't we just drop this, and just move on.
(rant over)

edit: okay nevermind, everyone's moved on already. move along, please.

Last edited by a moderator:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Gonna be real, not many Nintendo characters that make me wanna drop money on them.
Rex probably has a decent shot. And if we get Three Houses and SwSh reps it certainly won’t be as promotional picks. Otherwise they’d be hear already. Same thing with Astral Chain (which I desperately want now).

I also have a small amount of faith in Tingle and Bandana Dee.

D

Deleted member

Gonna be real, not many Nintendo characters that make me wanna drop money on them.
Same here honestly. The ones I can think of off the top of my head:
DIO
3 houses rep
MONK MAZ KOSHIA DAMMIT!
An ARMS character

other than those(and an Undertale character, because of Town, but I don't think that counts) there really isn't any others.

edit: I didn't realize changing the color to white overrides your color pick lmao

D

Deleted member

Should the DLC have First Parties? Yes. Absolutely.

Should the Social Thread be talking about Politics and Religion? No. Absolutely not.

Perfectly balanced.
And there's not many Third Party characters I would willingly drop my money on. There's always an opposite side of the metaphorical coin.

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870
Which is why I didn’t just say it. See I’m learning.

Is that what You thought I meant? Yikes. I really am bad at this.

I meant let’s just stop trying to be “civil” and start being honest with each other. Discuss the controversial stuff. Leave no stone unturned. And even as I write this I realize why that’s a bad ****ing idea.
>Let's stop trying to be civil

Spoilering this

1.) Not being civil with each other? Nope, not having it. We all have strong opinions, but I am NOT going to jump on other people's opinions just because they think differently from me. People will disagree on various topics, and while I will at times share my thoughts with others and why I may disagree on many things... I always aim to have a foundation of love and consideration. You can be civil and care about others while also disagreeing. And I am going to keep that balance even if it kills me.

2.) There's a section for debate, "hot" topics called "debate hall." Why doesn't anyone use it? NO CLUE. There's a place for that. This thread is supposed to be a casual discussion about video games and media, but just today we have had *two* heavy debates... one about religion, one about politics. And before you object: I DO think discussing these kind of things is good. But there is a time, and a place, for everything. And for the love of God, this is not the time nor the place.

Did you see how Ellen is trending and people are throwing vitrol at her simply for being close friends with George W Bush? She holds the same opinion as me; "disagreeing with someone doesn't mean you hate them, and we should act kind and proper in all that we do." And even with the different opinions she has with conservatives, she always aims to have this foundation of being kind and civil... and I love and respect that view, and her for saying that. I say this as a mild conservative who always aims to be objective and unbiased.

And I have been stewing about this topic for months. And I'm finally letting it all out.

So overall, no... I don't agree with your opinion. At all. And to be honest, I expect you to dislike what I'm saying fully but I don't give a crap anymore. Hate me all you want. I. am. ready.

Fair enough. I'll drop it.
It's a tough topic to understand; I don't blame you. Was one of the questions I had to wrestle through while growing up. Of course, I ended up with a different opinion. But that's alright, I getcha.

Last edited:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
You know. When I was a kid I conceptualized a crossover game between Mario, Sonic, Crash Bandicoot, and Spyro the Dragon (legends version) in the style of Nicktoons Unite. Just found the files on my computer. Looking back I’m surprised by the lack of anything of substance here. This was one of my favorite ideas as a kid.

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
Even though it's the last franchise I want a newcomer from, I think a TH rep is worth keeping an eye on. The lack of Spirits despite Daemon X Machina getting some makes me wonder if something's up.

And of course, if SwSh doesn't get any Spirits either, then things will REALLY look suspicious. Let's Go got Spirits, so there's really no reason why SwSh shouldn't get a few either.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom