• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Well...

A certain someone seems to be on the horizon.
Grains of salt and all that.

I'll say one thing for Banjo's likelihood; regardless of his current chances, Banjo is a character people have been wanting since the original Super Smash Bros. and Sakurai is aware of this.
Oh. I knew about that. I’m trying not to get my hopes up but..... BEAAAAAAAAAR HYYYYYYYYYYYYPE!
Have you heard about Bandai Namco's breach yet?

OH MAN!

THINGS WERE CERTAINLY LEAKED!
Oh really? Like what?
The most recent and prominent was from Bandai Namco, to the point that Katsuhiro Harada (Bandai Namco's general producer) did a rage tweet on Twitter.
- George R.R. Martin is teaming up with FromSoftware and Hidetaka Miyazaki (Dark Souls, Bloodborne, Sekiro) to create Elden Ring. GRRM really wants to avoid working on ASOIF, doesn't he?
- Tales of Arise is a brand new Tales game. Sadly not coming to the Switch, but the images that leaked out are absolutely gorgeous.
- Ni No Kuni: Wraith of the White Witch is getting a rerelease for all platforms.
Oh.

Meh.

No Pac-Man. No Dig Dug. No SoulCalibur. No Tekken. Nothing that interests me.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Though this doesn't mean Sakurai knew they wanted Banjo in since Smash 64. At least since Melee. Did I miss an article on it?
dude i think he would have no clue what a banjo kazooie was in 1998 so yes

probably around the melee gap

KMDP

Smash Legend
Wait, did B&K come out before or after Smash 64?

I know Banjo was on the Melee poll, which he spoke of(along with James Bond, both being denied over various copyright issues. Bond also had guns as an issue at the time).
Banjo was '98

Smash was '99
I've heard at least one anecdote from people who said that when they played SSB on the N64 one of their reactions to unlocking all characters was "where's Banjo?"
Eyy I love PPF's music, but he will still always have his original name to me. I still can't believe a guy with the username Poopoopfart makes such great music.
He makes great toots.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Oh.

Meh.

No Pac-Man. No Dig Dug. No SoulCalibur. No Tekken. Nothing that interests me.

You asked and when the messenger delivers you dare even strike back? :mad088: There are plenty of people who are excited for that one series coming back as an actual game instead of a pachinko machine.

Last edited:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
I've heard at least one anecdote from people who said that when they played SSB on the N64 one of their reactions to unlocking all characters was "where's Banjo?"
Because they were dumb kids in 1999, that would be me going "wheres goku" in Melee when I was 7.

KMDP

Smash Legend
Though this doesn't mean Sakurai knew they wanted Banjo in since Smash 64. At least since Melee. Did I miss an article on it?
Well, think about it.

If people voted en masse for Banjo in Smash Melee, that would mean that they wanted him in Smash 64 and didn't get him, right?

The very fact he had votes in Melee is the evidence people have wanted him since Smash 64.

D

Deleted member

Gamexplain’s discussions is up:

So how much of this do you think will Ben actual leaks?
Hey can someone explain what predictions Jon makes? He usually says a lot of interesting things.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
dude i think he would have no clue what a banjo kazooie was in 1998 so yes

probably around the melee gap
Ah, okay. So I missed nothing.

Because they were dumb kids in 1999, that would be me going "wheres goku" in Melee when I was 7.
I more want to say "Where's muh Fulgore?" at this point. <.<

...Then again, I had Ridley on my original custom screen made for Melee, so eh. Fulgore too. And Sonic. And MegaMan.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
I'm thinking about leaving the site until Nintendo's E3 presentation is over but it's going to hard for me. Probably won't be able to bring myself to though.

So for the love of all that is holy, please keep using spoiler tags people. I know this site is really lax on talking about Smash leaks in particular (more lax then it should be imo) but I really don't want to have to choose between coming here and not getting spoiled.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Someone's not too happy about Bandai Namco's stuff leaking out.

This is why we can't ask him for ****.

Harada's about to activate his Devil Gene and Electric the **** out of people.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Well, think about it.

If people voted en masse for Banjo in Smash Melee, that would mean that they wanted him in Smash 64 and didn't get him, right?

The very fact he had votes in Melee is the evidence people have wanted him since Smash 64.
Eh, that's not what it means. It means they like the idea of him getting in Melee itself alone.

That's a decent theory, but as you said, it's a bit too anecdotal.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
I more want to say "Where's muh Fulgore?" at this point. <.<

...Then again, I had Ridley on my original custom screen made for Melee, so eh. Fulgore too. And Sonic. And MegaMan.
When it's 2030 and there's still no Fulgore in Smash despite KI quintessentially inventing the hardcore combo game

1559957834073.png

KMDP

Smash Legend
Eh, that's not what it means. It means they like the idea of him getting in Melee itself alone.

That's a decent theory, but as you said, it's a bit too anecdotal.
When I say people have wanted Banjo "since" 64, I mean they wanted him after it came out.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Well, think about it.

Yeah but he didn't get in because of the same reason that Rex, Pyra, and Springman didn't.

When I say people have wanted Banjo "since" 64, I mean they wanted him after it came out.
Then change your choice of words it's obviously confusing as hell

Last edited:

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
For a small period of time when I was really young and far less familiar with Smash, I pondered the thought of Spongebob getting into Smash at some point.

It helped that one of the first video games I ever played was a Spongebob one.

KMDP

Smash Legend
Yeah but he didn't get in because of the same reason that Rex, Pyra, and Springman didn't.
I'm fairly sure Sakurai has said that Banjo didn't get into Melee because of "Adult Problems" (i.e. Licensing issues).

I'm not saying Banjo would have gotten into 64, I'm saying after 64 came and he wasn't in it, people wanted him.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I knew what you meant, actually.

But as I said, a bit too anecdotal. We know he was heavily requested for Melee. We can't really say a ton expected him after he wasn't in 64. Absolutely some fans did, but you already know that for a fact.

Anyway, they might be getting their wish soon.

Shroob

Sup?
So can someone summarize what the GE dudes said? The Smash discussion's at the end.

iirc they:

Were very open about Erdrick/DQ11 protagonist

Jon said a Gen8 which the dudes disagreed with

They mentioned Banjo only as "That one leak"

BlueMonk

Smash Champion
Well, think about it.

You're talking about the Smash 2 poll, right? That poll had an extremely small sample size, banjo had 33 votes and got #8.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
The more I honestly think about it. The more I'm keeping expectations low about Banjo. Its happened before where it seems said character is a lock and then disappointment happens. I don't know why but I just have a gut feeling about it.

Unlike :ultkrool:and:ultridley:this was before I had joined the community and gotten back into Nintendo. For some reason I feel they're gonna pull off another surprise unexpected reveal like:ultjoker:

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

So can someone summarize what the GE dudes said? The Smash discussion's at the end.

iirc they:

Were very open about Erdrick/DQ11 protagonist

Jon said a Gen8 which the dudes disagreed with

They mentioned Banjo only as "That one leak"
So what I took away was:

-Jon speculates two fighters.
-Jon speculates a Gen 8 Pokemon for a fighter
-Banjo is the "rumored character" most likely.
-Erdrick might not be revealed at E3

Shroob

Sup?
So what I took away was:

-Jon speculates two fighters.
-Jon speculates a Gen 8 Pokemon for a fighter
-Banjo is the "rumored character" most likely.
-Erdrick might not be revealed at E3
Erdrick not at E3 really doesn't make sense though tbh.

Brave's been in the data since before December. I can't imagine he's not close to done by now.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407

Brave's been in the data since before December. I can't imagine he's not close to done by now.
really though

imagine that it isnt erdrick at all. after all this time, everyone is bamboozled

i wont be here if it is a bamboozle but man the possibilities are really endless

Last edited:

KMDP

Smash Legend
You're talking about the Smash 2 poll, right? That poll had an extremely small sample size, banjo had 33 votes and got #8.
Yeah, I was talking about that poll.

Small sample size or not, Banjo was considered for Melee (of course, so was James Bond, so... XD).

Regardless, I'm personally not too invested in Banjo's presence in Smash. While I had an N64, the only games I had for it were Pokémon Stadium and Pokémon Snap (I played Super Mario 64 on the DS, Ocarina of Time on the Gamecube and Majora's Mask on the 3DS). I have no connection to Banjo besides the nebulous fact that he's a British-made Character and I'm British.

D

Deleted member

The thing that sucks about Erdrick speculation is that everybody knows about him but nobody knows when he'll be revealed. All we can do is hope, but I somehow now think Banjo is more likely to be revealed at E3 than Erdrick.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
I have no connection to Banjo besides the nebulous fact that he's a British-made Character and I'm British.
we had a top tier british character in smash 4 for years and now all of a sudden banjo is patriotic? :4diddy:

Shroob

Sup?
The thing that sucks about Erdrick speculation is that everybody knows about him but nobody knows when he'll be revealed. All we can do is hope, but I somehow now think Banjo is more likely to be revealed at E3 than Erdrick.
But at the same time, we kinda need 2 reveals.

Everyone's saying it, but, the time. They have a deadline to make.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom