• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

BlueMonk

Smash Champion
I'm fairly sure Sakurai has said that Banjo didn't get into Melee because of "Adult Problems" (i.e. Licensing issues).

I'm not saying Banjo would have gotten into 64, I'm saying after 64 came and he wasn't in it, people wanted him.
Sorry for knocking on you a bit, wanted to clear this up. As far as I know, Sakurai has never spoken about Banjo in the context of smash. I could be wrong, but I'm confident he's never talked about wanting to put Banjo in smash and being incapable of doing so. He did cite "adult reasons" as reasoning for why James Bond could not be in, but never said that James Bond was planned at all, only that it would not be possible in the scenario that he did seriously want to include Bond in smash.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
honestly, i'm gonna make a damn hot take if it is dragon quest

i'm saying it's eleven instead of erdrick based on the grounds that he becomes erdrick in name which would basically be a dual identity but would at least give him an actual name to work with

its either a :4cloud: situation where they go with the most famous one or a Pokemon/FE situation where the newer guy comes in instead. i dont know if erdrick is basically the dragon quest :4cloud: but same name so im callin it

You think one two British characters are enough for us Brits?
we only have one american, we suffer with you :ultdarksamus: just wait until scorpion is revealed

D

Deleted member

But at the same time, we kinda need 2 reveals.

Everyone's saying it, but, the time. They have a deadline to make.
True! But now Jon throws a wrench into the works. We know Erdrick is in the works, but should we trust that he'll moved to later in favor of a Gen 8 Pokemon? It's a reality I can't really ignore after Incineroar and Corrin.

So either Erdrick and Banjo or Gen 8 and Banjo. That's my prediction going in

Last edited by a moderator:

Shyy_Guy595

Smash Champion
They all are basically saying it's about tine for Banjo.

Jon, the guy who "makes the crazy predictions that tend to have some accuracy" predicts Contra R and Castlevania R along with remakes of older games in those series coming.

Jon also predicts a Star Fox Time Patrol game which is probably his most ambitious prediction of all.

Jon also says DKC3 will be Rare's game they previously worked on that will include King K. Rool as the antagonist again.

They all agree that Luigi's Mansion 3 will have Co-Op with 4 players and that you'll unlock charactets other than Luigu to play as.

They don't think another new 3D Mario nor Zelda will be shown or revealed.

Bayo 3 will take a back seat to Astral Chain according to them.

Super Mario Party 2 was another prediction along with no Kart or Sports titles sans Mario & Sonic.

Jon predicted a Mario and Luigi-esque title where you don't pkay as Mario and Luigi, but Bowser and Bowser Jr. instead. They consider M&L likelier than a Paper Mario.

Pikmim 3 port is also likelier than Pikmin 4, they feel.

Uh... They predict Animal Crossing will be shown off a bit, bit not much, and it will be saved until early next year for the release.

Amd I think that's all the big ones.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
So either Erdrick and Banjo or Gen 8 and Banjo. That's my prediction going in
I mean, there's a fighter pass involved. Sakurai had a list given and picked and I don't believe he would go all in on another advertisement for those who went all in and put their trust in the fighters pass.

Honestly, I just bought it for 100%-ing reasons, but there are plenty of people who are fine with not cashing up the cash if it's not up to par. :090:

BlueMonk

Smash Champion
Yeah, I was talking about that poll.

Small sample size or not, Banjo was considered for Melee (of course, so was James Bond, so... XD).

Regardless, I'm personally not too invested in Banjo's presence in Smash. While I had an N64, the only games I had for it were Pokémon Stadium and Pokémon Snap (I played Super Mario 64 on the DS, Ocarina of Time on the Gamecube and Majora's Mask on the 3DS). I have no connection to Banjo besides the nebulous fact that he's a British-made Character and I'm British.
My last post was partially incorrect, sakurai did say that legal reasons were why Banjo could not be in melee. Reading the quote (I'm looking at source gaming's definitive list of unused fighters), I'm not entirely sure if Sakurai wanted to include banjo or not though.

D

Deleted member

I mean, there's a fighter pass involved. Sakurai had a list given and picked and I don't believe he would go all in on another advertisement for those who went all in and put their trust in the fighters pass.

Honestly, I just bought it for 100%-ing reasons, but there are plenty of people who are fine with not cashing up the cash if it's not up to par. :090:
I can only hope you're right, mate.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
You know what he means. The third installment in the return-to-formula style games of recent times like Returns and Tropical Freeze.
That'd be DKC6 you baboon muffoon, they never stop on the numbers reboot or not

does DK64 count as a DKC

Last edited:

KMDP

Smash Legend

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030

Found pre-launch stuff for Mega Man X. Nothing too crazy, just some different effects and colors on a few things. But the CPS2 (what Capcom used for many Street Fighter and Marvel arcade games) version of Flame Mammoth's theme is pretty sick.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
You're right that we can't know for sure, but I can't imagine a character who placed 8th on the poll wasn't at least considered.
I mean, that seems to be the case. Considered but quickly dismissed.

Also, I find the term "adult reasons" could be more literal than we think. Not simply licensing, but this was around the time Rare was getting bought out, meaning there was confusion about who owned what IP. As the adults were still trying to reason with each other to figure out a deal. Coincidental wording aside, basically I don't think licensing was entirely it.

D

Deleted member

Now I'm ready for E3, y'all.

Last edited by a moderator:

Icedragonadam

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5227-6397-6112
Forums say that only Erdrick and Banjo will get revealed, and then Bam, Nintendo unleashes another surprise that they reveal ALL FOUR remaining characters and when they'll get released.

Potato_

Smash Lord
In regards to Jon predicting new Contra, that is actually something that's already leaked a week or so ago. It was put up and then quickly removed by some online store, Vergeben was discussing it over on gameFAQS.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Forums say that only Erdrick and Banjo will get revealed, and then Bam, Nintendo unleashes another surprise that they reveal ALL FOUR remaining characters and when they'll get released.
sakurai: **** off fine you impatient ***** since you since you wanna leak so bad heres who the rest is gonna be

people: wtf bro where's bandana waddle dee what the hell is an edelgard

Last edited:

Icedragonadam

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5227-6397-6112
sakurai: **** off fine you impatient ***** since you since you wanna leak so bad heres who the rest is gonna be

people: wtf bro where's bandana waddle dee
And Geno, and Isaac, and Shadow, and Doomguy, and Ray Man, and Goku, and Reggie, and Sakurai!?

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208

And then the Bandana Brigade learns an important lesson: axes beat lances.

Shroob

Sup?
I think people need to realize something.

AFAIK:

Characters internally are listed by their "EVERYONE IS HERE!" numbering.

The current DLC goes:

Piranha Plant
Joker
Brave

Unless there was a seismic shift internally, Brave is technically 'next' via the numbering.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
I think people need to realize something.

AFAIK:

Characters internally are listed by their "EVERYONE IS HERE!" numbering.

The current DLC goes:

Piranha Plant
Joker
Brave

Unless there was a seismic shift internally, Brave is technically 'next' via the numbering.
wasnt joker jack tho

also imma deadass laugh if its a bravely character this whole time

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
wasnt joker jack tho

also imma deadass laugh if its a bravely character this whole time
Jack = Joker. Doesn't make a difference when they're one and the same.

What matters is, internally the numbers dictate that Brave is next, and aside from echo fighters, they've stuck to revealing this **** in number order.

KMDP

Smash Legend

Can't leak the roster if Sakurai already did it.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Jack = Joker. Doesn't make a difference when they're one and the same.
kinda odd how you said brave instead of erdrick

does the shroob man have doubts after all this time? :186:

Shroob

Sup?
kinda odd how you said brave instead of erdrick

does the shroob man have doubts after all this time? :186:
I've never fully been on board with any of this.

I just always play on both sides so I understand where both sides come from.

I 'think' it's Erdrick personally, but I also admit it could be many characters; but it's not Banjo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom