• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Noipoi

Howdy!
How do people even delete their accounts here.

No, don’t freak out. I’m not deleting my account. I just don’t see a button for it. I wonder how you do it.

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
The news that Sword/Shield has automatic EXP Share and they reconfirmed in the 101 facts that you can't turn it off pretty much confirms I'm not buying it. I'll wait for general impressions and see how they handle it but if previous GameFreak games are anything to go by, they're doing this to make it easier, not more balanced. Pretty disappointed that a series I've played for 21 years is no longer letting me play how I want.
It's not that big of a deal to me. Turning off EXP Share doesn't necessarily make the game harder, it just requires you to grind longer before your team reaches the level you want.

While I do like grinding to an extent, doing it for each individual Pokemon is tedious and often boring. It would've been nice if they gave you the option, but I really don't think I'm losing much by not having it.

D

Deleted member

The news that Sword/Shield has automatic EXP Share and they reconfirmed in the 101 facts that you can't turn it off pretty much confirms I'm not buying it. I'll wait for general impressions and see how they handle it but if previous GameFreak games are anything to go by, they're doing this to make it easier, not more balanced. Pretty disappointed that a series I've played for 21 years is no longer letting me play how I want.
Wait, has it really been confirmed it can't be turned off? Well, that was the final nail on the coffin for me, I guess.

D

Deleted member

While I do like grinding to an extent, doing it for each individual Pokemon is tedious and often boring. It would've been nice if they gave you the option, but I really don't think I'm losing much by not having it.
This is pretty much Pokemon's biggest turnoff for me. Grinding each Pokemon individually is the biggest grind ever. An option for Gen 8 would have been preferable though. Gen 6 though? Phew I flew by that game and it made the pacing enjoyable.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
QUADRUPLE 2'S BAYBEE!

Anywho, went to my GameStop to get a Snake amiibo (and fully pay off Luigi's Mansion 3) but they were out... :c

DerpingPikachu

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5074-6946-5113
My brother's decided to give me his thousand dollar computer and build a new one for himself. I've never had a really good computer it's gonna be epic.

Shroob

Sup?
It's not that big of a deal to me. Turning off EXP Share doesn't necessarily make the game harder, it just requires you to grind longer before your team reaches the level you want.

I'm gonna say I am.

I honestly do stand with dexit but was still very interested in the games.

I've been dying for a hard Pokemon game for years, forced exp share isn't it.

Grinding is just part of rpgs, if you want to offer a skip button, feel free, but don't force it on people who don't want it.

StormC

Smash Hero

You don't have to grind to beat the games though. You can easily enter the Hall Of Fame 7-10 levels under the Elite Four. I prefer to play the games underleveled while exploiting type matchups and strategy. I basically never grind in these games and every Pokemon game with all-team EXP Share on goes from "pretty easy" to "brainless."

This ignores the fact that this has been an option since XY and now they're taking it away. It's unacceptable.

Wait, has it really been confirmed it can't be turned off? Well, that was the final nail on the coffin for me, I guess.
Yep.

From the Gameinformer '101 Rapid-Fire Questions About Pokémon Sword and Shield':

* Interviewer: Can we turn off Experience Share?
* Ohmori: The item doesn't exist.
* Interviewer: So you have to train each individually?
* Ohmori: No, not that. They all get experience by default.

Last edited:

Shyy_Guy595

Smash Champion
Well, I do think an option would've helped please both crowds so that's a bit of a shame, although personally it doesn't affect me.

D

Deleted member

And Game Freak's taking away options for the player... again. Getting so sick of that mentality, two steps forward, one step back. Though at this point I don't even know if "two" steps is accurate.

Remember when BW2 had a difficulty selection? Which was locked away until postgame? And was version exclusive as well meaning you had to "trade" to unlock the other setting? And how instead of improving it, they just ditched it completely?

Classic Game Freak.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
How do people even delete their accounts here.

No, don’t freak out. I’m not deleting my account. I just don’t see a button for it. I wonder how you do it.
There is a form (like the Bad Advertisement Form, or Moderator Application form) that must be submitted. All of these live near the bottom of the homepage on the right side. It is very important to note that account deletion is irreversible, and that after a request has been submitted it can't be revoked.

StormC

Smash Hero
Holy **** Fire Force's anime is a ****ing flop. Wonder if it's because of bad timing cause or KyoAni or the fanservice complaints. Shame as DavidPro's getting screwed over by it after they didn't get paid for Golden Wind
They didn’t get paid for Golden Wind? What’s that all about?

Shroob

Sup?
I just want a challenging Pokemon game

Do I really have to be like all the "Can I beat Fire Red with this one Pokemon?!" videos?

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
I just want a challenging Pokemon game

Do I really have to be like all the "Can I beat Fire Red with this one Pokemon?!" videos?
But challenge is bad! People didn't like unlocking Easy mode by beating the game so clearly difficulty options aren't appreciated! Just because we said we're targeting kids and old fans doesn't mean we actually have to care about anyone who's played a single Pokemon game before!

D

Deleted member

#MakePokemonGreatAgain

Ok, joking aside, I suddenly remembered I still need to finish Red and Green. I kinda just stopped for no reason.

StormC

Smash Hero
I don't even mind that the games aren't challenging but no EXP Share is the difference between "I better teach my Vaporeon Shadow Ball so he can do more damage and gain EXP against these Psychic types" and "I'm 15 levels above the enemy, I can just mash A to win."

If you think you actually have to grind to beat Pokemon games without EXP Share you're doing something wrong.

Shroob

Sup?
At this point I couldn't care less about the national dex.

Imagine you were playing Super Mario 64 on Cool Cool Mountain as during the middle of the Wall Kicks Will Work cheese with the spin drift, Miyamoto personally comes into your house and slaps the controller out of your hand.

Pokemon is telling me I have no choice but to play it this way; taking away options is a terrible thing.

D

Deleted member

I don't even mind that the games aren't challenging but no EXP Share is the difference between "I better teach my Vaporeon Shadow Ball so he can do more damage and gain EXP against these Psychic types" and "I'm 15 levels above the enemy, I can just mash A to win."

If you think you actually have to grind to beat Pokemon games without EXP Share you're doing something wrong.
Grinding's more the difference of not having my entire team get swamped by the gym leader's strongest Pokemon in one move. Of course you can beat Pokemon without exp share--I've done it before, but it takes longer regardless of type coverage.

Both options are objectively fine though.

Noipoi

Howdy!
Welp

Because of my incredibly strange upbringing, I have an insurmountable fear of not belonging. I have a compulsive need to agree with the crowd. Of course I have some semblance of original thought, obviously, but still. It’s my greatest weakness. It’s why I get so panicked if I feel like I’ve upset someone, I feel like everyone’s going to single me out and abandon me or something. Every time is say I don’t care what people think about me it’s a huge damn lie. And I know this is incredibly, ridiculously silly. But being what feels like the only guy who’s okay with gen 8 while everyone else is vastly more upset is pressing all my buttons.

Pokémon is my absolute favorite game series. For most people it’s just another game to play, not me. It’s got me through the hardest times, every release is the highlight of my year. It just means so much to me, you wouldn’t even begin to understand if I explained it in detail. And I’m not saying it shouldn’t be criticized, but I don’t share those criticisms. And not agreeing with people is starting to bother me.

Like I said, this is super duper stupid. But I can’t help it, all I can think of is how I don’t share the same opinions as everyone else. How different that makes me, how much I stand out, how “not” part of the crowd I am.

I’m not asking anyone to stop arguing about Pokémon. That’d be selfish, talk about it all you want. But I can’t be here for it.

Intentionally or not I’ve used this website as a crutch. Here I’m the cool guy, everyone likes the Noipoi! For the first time in my life everyone agrees with me!! It’s an overwhelming feeling for someone like me. And disagreeing on something so important to me is messing me up. It’s not very healthy to emotionally rely on a message board or a video game. I need to try and get that in order.

I need to make efforts to get a life, instead of just sitting on my ass and soaking up your validation until the end of time.

I probably need a lot of therapy.

D

Deleted member

It's a shame, really. I do like the new Pokemon designs, but the games keep getting dumbed down more and more.

StormC

Smash Hero
Grinding's more the difference of not having my entire team get swamped by the gym leader's strongest Pokemon in one move.
How often does this actually happen though? There is maybe one or two gym leaders per game where this is a threat. If your team has a decent variety and movepool 90% of the time this should be a non-issue.

Shroob

Sup?
Welp

Because of my incredibly strange upbringing, I have an insurmountable fear of not belonging. I have a compulsive need to agree with the crowd. Of course I have some semblance of original thought, obviously, but still. It’s my greatest weakness. It’s why I get so panicked if I feel like I’ve upset someone, I feel like everyone’s going to single me out and abandon me or something. Every time is say I don’t care what people think about me it’s a huge damn lie. And I know this is incredibly, ridiculously silly. But being what feels like the only guy who’s okay with gen 8 while everyone else is vastly more upset is pressing all my buttons.

Pokémon is my absolute favorite game series. For most people it’s just another game to play, not me. It’s got me through the hardest times, every release is the highlight of my year. It just means so much to me, you wouldn’t even begin to understand if I explained it in detail. And I’m not saying it shouldn’t be criticized, but I don’t share those criticisms. And not agreeing with people is starting to bother me.

Like I said, this is super duper stupid. But I can’t help it, all I can think of is how I don’t share the same opinions as everyone else. How different that makes me, how much I stand out, how “not” part of the crowd I am.

I’m not asking anyone to stop arguing about Pokémon. That’d be selfish, talk about it all you want. But I can’t be here for it.

Intentionally or not I’ve used this website as a crutch. Here I’m the cool guy, everyone likes the Noipoi! For the first time in my life everyone agrees with me!! It’s an overwhelming feeling for someone like me. And disagreeing on something so important to me is messing me up. It’s not very healthy to emotionally rely on a message board or a video game. I need to try and get that in order.

I need to make efforts to get a life, instead of just sitting on my *** and soaking up your validation until the end of time.

Ah I'm sorry Noi.

I know it's cliche but, at least the people here are hard on it because we care about it.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Welp

I need to make efforts to get a life, instead of just sitting on my *** and soaking up your validation until the end of time.

If it makes you feel better they'll still sell better than the favourite Pokemon games of the people who aren't happy

D

Deleted member

How often does this actually happen though? There is maybe one or two gym leaders per game where this is a threat. If your team has a decent variety and movepool 90% of the time this should be a non-issue.
Depends if they crit, how many super potions you buy, and how much you've raised your Pokemon. The last point being important so your wall has enough stamina to take a hit, dish a hit, heal, and then continue the cycle.

Noipoi

Howdy!
Ah I'm sorry Noi.

I know it's cliche but, at least the people here are hard on it because we care about it.
No I get that.

Like I said, I’m don’t have a problem with the people criticizing it. My problem is that I don’t agree, and not agreeing with people triggers my insecurities about not belonging with anyone haha

StormC

Smash Hero
If it makes you feel better they'll still sell better than the favourite Pokemon games of the people who aren't happy
Me: Black/White 2 is one of, if not the best, Pokemon games.
GameFreak: Then explain this:

D

Deleted member

Welp, now I remember why I stopped playing Green. I can't be bothered to do the Silph Co building right now. In Red I kinda stopped in Blaine's gym for whatever reason.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom