• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

Where do you keep getting this inaccurate notion that Smash fans hate Dragon Ball as a whole?
Since anime characters can't be in Smash, they go out of their way to make fans of the series feel like ****

D

Deleted member

Since anime characters can't be in Smash, they go out of their way to make fans of the series feel like ****
If it helps, I love Dragon Ball thanks to a friend who is a fan of the series.

And DB Super Broly was a visual masterpiece with an amazing OST

D

Deleted member

Isn't there a MASSIVE overlap between Dragon Ball fans and Smash fans?

Like, I'm pretty sure that at least 60% of the Smash community bought FighterZ as well.

I mean, before Persona 5, it was the most requested Switch port.
And where's your proof

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
People think so due to leaks. Stating we didn't see him in that February direct where they talked for 11 minutes about dragon quest and yet nothing about him showed up, he's most likely not here.
Maybe they didn’t want to talk about a 4.0 character in the same direct where 3.0 was just announced and wouldn’t come for another 2 months.

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
Not trying to say you’re wrong and have never been attacked, but the only response I’ve seen here is people saying they either like or are neutral to Dragon Ball, let alone anime in general. I feel like half the people here, myself included, have anime profile pics.

ColietheGoalie

Smash Lord
I've seen people who insist that non-video game characters can/should get into Smash get ganged up on a bit, but I don't remember seeing Smash fans throw DBZ as a whole under the bus.

D

Deleted member

Seriously, I said that I would be on the voice chat of the Discord server to react with the people here to Nintendo’s conference.

But I don’t want to break anyone’s ears if I suddenly shout from excitement.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
And where's your proof
Have you seen top players and figures in the Smash community? Almost all of them seem to know DB pretty well. Some even participate in FighterZ tournaments. And it's not just that: some fan made terms reference Dragon Ball. Ever heard of Double Blast Zones, you know, when both people die at the same time? That's literally reffered to as DBZ, or Dragon Ball Z. And Smash does take a lot of inspiration from anime as well.

As for DBFZ being the most requested Switch port, after the disappointment that was Ultimate Street Fighter 2, fans wanted a more traditional FG for the Switch, and lo and behold, FighterZ was there, and that iron was still hot. At it ran on UE4, so... demand was even higher. You can't tell me that you haven't seen FighterZ mentioned like 100 times whenever anyone asked what game they would like to see on the Switch.

Now, where's your proof that Smash fans hate anime? I am 99% sure that if you're a fan of pretty much any RPG series in Smash, than you're probably a fan of anime itself, or at leasr watch some anime. A good chunk of the cast had animes, or is anime inspired. The most "No Anime" from fans you'd ever see is from the "No FE" people, who get dunked on anyways, and part of that stems from how generic most of the FE cast is, not their artstyle.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
I like DBZ. I also like Smash Bros. And out of all of the years I've been in the Smash community, I'm definitely not in the minority.

Do I want Goku in Smash? No. Does that mean I hate him? No. It ****ing means I don't want him in Smash.

UtopianPoyzin

Smash Master
Writing Team
Not sure, I’ll get back to you when I find out.
Switch FC
SW 1975-0838-2970
I was reading the OP of this thread because nobody was saying anything.

And I don't know what to say about this.

Topics relating to media appropriate for Smashboards (G to early teens).
Persona games are usually rated M.

Sure we don't really cover the touchy stuff...

But technically, I'm now sad.

OnyanRings

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-4662-0014-5533
I like chocolate, do you ? If yes, please, tell me what is your favorite chocolate treat.

This is a serious matter, please do not lie with your answer.

UtopianPoyzin

Smash Master
Writing Team
Switch FC
SW 1975-0838-2970
If it's Youtube comments, then you have forgotten rule one of the Internet: never look at the comments section.
I mean, what's wrong with the comment section? Comments are fun, unless their rude/inflammatory comments, which then you just forget about them because they don't matter

BlueMonk

Smash Champion
I mean, what's wrong with the comment section? Comments are fun, unless their rude/inflammatory comments, which then you just forget about them because they don't matter
the comments section of youtube videos tend to have the most consistently awful takes though

D

Deleted member

Ok, people I have a serious conspiracy theory:

What if Freezerburn Freezerburn is actually Black Bolt and that’s why they never post?

D

Deleted member

Someone tried to “expose” a voice actor for saying their audition was text to speech.

It was my audition.

Robot effects does not mean it’s text to speech. Know the difference. xD

UtopianPoyzin

Smash Master
Writing Team
Switch FC
SW 1975-0838-2970
the comments section of youtube videos tend to have the most consistently awful takes though
(I mean, as a youtube commenter, the takes are usually there because they're true. but as a content creator, you just don't worry about the "rude comments", if the video has more likes>dislikes. However, if there are more dislikes than likes, then the comments DO matter, and something is obviously being done wrong.)

Kirby Dragons

Smash Hero
I like chocolate, do you ? If yes, please, tell me what is your favorite chocolate treat.

This is a serious matter, please do not lie with your answer.
<lie>My favorite is Snicker's.</lie>
You can't generalize. I've seen plenty of great comment sections on videos.

D

Deleted member

Then tell them that we know it's not happening and to stop whining about it. And if Sakurai hates Toriyama, you'll know why.

BlueMonk

Smash Champion
(I mean, as a youtube commenter, the takes are usually there because they're true. but as a content creator, you just don't worry about the "rude comments", if the video has more likes>dislikes. However, if there are more dislikes than likes, then the comments DO matter, and something is obviously being done wrong.)
I'm talking less about just regular rude comments and more the awful/dumb stuff on videos about news and such, especially if the news is political. Typically memes and stuff have fairly innocent comments.

UtopianPoyzin

Smash Master
Writing Team
Switch FC
SW 1975-0838-2970
On a different note, I just visited the Geno support thread for the second time. But it was then, that I realized.

I was still stuck on page 131, where the posts there were from September 10th, 2018. I had not visited the Geno thread ever since I first joined SmashBoards, and the cookies had left me on that page for the last 9 months or so. That was a huge blast to the past for me..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom