• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

Speaking of Dragon Ball, did you know that Inklings and Octolings can create Spirit Bombs?
Yup.

Also want to say that a movie basically about Captain Marvel vs Goku has potential.

Both are pretty powerful, and an animated movie could work great after cool stuff like Batman vs TMNT which was surprisingly neat.

D

Deleted member

Yeah going a bit more concrete about a potential Captain Marvel vs Goku animated movie, I could see an epic fight scene between both with a song similar to this pretty great:

Just make the song shout “Captain Marvel” instead of Broly.

D

Deleted member

Besides, it isn’t the first time that Marvel has done japanese animated productions.

Their recent stuff on that camp has been Marvel Disk Wars and some OVAs featuring a few of their characters.

If they wanted, a Captain Marvel vs Goku movie could happen.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
Taking the bait I see.

Anime is literally the cartoon of Japan. That’s literally what they watch, and it’s gigantic there.

You can’t generalize a fanbase, or say the director hates anime out of nowhere.

Reject the bait. Do not pass go. Do not collect $200.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
This talk of Goku and Captain Marvel just has me thinking of Death Battle.

And how they declare that some events like Roshi dodging Jiren don't count but then count an obscure limited run Sonic comic issue as a definitive example of how a character can win a fight.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
me when goku gets in anyway because it's his dragon ball heroes iteration and that's technically originating from a video game only

:happysheep:

D

Deleted member

And how they declare that some events like Roshi dodging Jiren don't count but then count an obscure limited run Sonic comic issue as a definitive example of how a character can win a fight.
Death Battle make many stretchs most of the recent times.

I honestly prefer Rewind Rumble.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Death Battle make many stretchs most of the recent times.

I honestly prefer Rewind Rumble.
honestly i dont care who wins as long as the animation is decent

why research, just make the fights man, that's what people care about'

death battle's been slackin a bit lately tho IMO, their animations been getting a little sloppier

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble

There's also stuff like them digging REAL hard to find something in a Marvel comic to see if Raiden's HF Blade exists in the comics.

And then there "Well Sub Zero is a ninja, he just has the reflexes to dodge attacks at supersonic speed" and "Alien X can destroy a universe or whatever im 6 thoughts but we think that's a joke so it doesn't count"

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
There's also stuff like them digging REAL hard to find something in a Marvel comic to see if Raiden's HF Blade exists in the comics.
dude im pretty sure they already knew about high frequency because that was a pretty recent comic by the time of release IIRC, they just remembered it and went back to look for it

"Well Sub Zero is a ninja, he just has the reflexes to dodge attacks at supersonic speed"
doesnt kuai liang say multiple times that lin kuei arent even ninjas

D

Deleted member

And then there "Well Sub Zero is a ninja, he just has the reflexes to dodge attacks at supersonic speed" and "Alien X can destroy a universe or whatever im 6 thoughts but we think that's a joke so it doesn't count"
The Alien X thing was just a load of barnacles.

If a character is OP they will be OP, no matter the purpose of that.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
The Alien X thing was just a load of barnacles.

If a character is OP they will be OP, no matter the purpose of that.
i think it's reasonable to at least understand why they think hal beats ben, but that doesn't make them correct. they just went off the thought that "yeah he did this but he countered that so he countercountered it cause 10 year old arrogance" before someone says "wait why did the animator make him 10 again that makes no sense what"

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
I don't mind Death Battle when they're well reasoned but the fights that are determined by a single fact that's either from an obscure bit of work that even big fans know or use the writer's physics failure as a hard fact irk me.

Mostly it boiled down to "the longer your series has been around, the more nonsense moments you have to draw from."

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I don't mind Death Battle when they're well reasoned but the fights that are determined by a single fact that's either from an obscure bit of work that even big fans know or use the writer's physics failure as a hard fact.

Mostly it boiled down to "the longer your series has been around, the more nonsense moments you have to draw from."
Sadly it is the case.

D

Deleted member

I do live in Oregon, after all.

Lowkey dysentery fan too.
I googled “dysentery” since I haven’t heard of that and from what I saw you are apparently saying you are a fan of a disease.

Unless you refer to something on that “Oregon Trail” game.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
The third THQ game is another remake. But it's for Destroy All Humans. Could be neat. Never played those games myself, but people do care enough about them.

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
I googled “dysentery” since I haven’t heard of that and from what I saw you are apparently saying you are a fan of a disease.

Unless you refer to something on that “Oregon Trail” game.
Yes it's the Oregon Trail game.

It's a very old game where you tried to get your caravan of people from the Eastern US to the West Coast and people would die along the way if you didn't play it well. "____ died of dysentery" is kind of a meme from it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom