• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

the real question is have you seen how much some fighting game developers charge for skins that aren't even that high quality (looking at you capcom)?

if i could get a 'skin' that substantially revamped a character's animations, voice, taunts, victory poses, and even attack properties/entire moves for as low as like $2.99 that'd be one hell of a bargain by the genre's standards
Honestly that’s basically my thoughs on the subject.

Echoes aren’t recolors and actually have a lot of effort behind, so they can work as their own DLC.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
******'s 14.

What kinda kid goes full-on Romeo at 14?
Juliet - she was only thirteen or fourteen, and yet she fell madly in love with someone who she just met, married him, and (500 year old spoiler alert)
died for him
, all over the course of a few days.

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
Juliet - she was only thirteen or fourteen, and yet she fell madly in love with someone who she just met, married them, and (500 year old spoiler alert)
died for them
megadoomer out here spoiler tagging shakespeare

respectable

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
how long is the DLC cycle gonna be tho

if its only 1 season worth then that may be disappointing to some but that'll make a new kid icarus faster in the making :mybodyisreggie: you gotta finish a kingdom hearts 3 before you finish a final fantasy 7 remake you know what im sayin?

Shroob

Sup?
Juliet - she was only thirteen or fourteen, and yet she fell madly in love with someone who she just met, married him, and (500 year old spoiler alert)
died for him
YOU'RE NOT MAKING THIS EASIER ON ME!:drflip:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
It’s like with Mother 3.

You should let the younger people live the surprise of the story.
dude whats the surprise of the story if world of light pretty much spoiled it in the last zone of the game

sakurai dont care for mother spoilers like he didnt care for xenoblade spoilers

D

Deleted member

dude whats the surprise of the story if world of light pretty much spoiled it in the last zone of the game

sakurai dont care for mother spoilers like he didnt care for xenoblade spoilers
Then shame on Sakurai.
I’m not being serious, Sakurai is not perfect and can make a few mistakes.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
YOU'RE NOT MAKING THIS EASIER ON ME!:drflip:
To be fair, Romeo and Juliet is NOT a good example of love, in spite of what seemingly every single song that references it says.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
I’m not being serious, Sakurai is not perfect and can make a few mistakes.
dude do you know how long xenoblade is

he spoiled a majority of the game 20 hours into the gameplay

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
That feeling when a post you think wasn't that good get more likes than another post you thought was really good.
86f.gif

I have just mixed emotions overall.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
uhhhh if we're still taking out assist trophies

dixie kong
MGS2 raiden
black shadow

thats literally all i can come up with

what an absolute disgrace to the character
Rather see Dixie as at least an echo if only so we can potentially get a Tropical Freeze stage and more music.

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
it would be funny if we got another small skit for E3 where we have Doug Bowser navigate through Reggie’s old office to find the mother 3 copies to release and that how they announce it.

D

Deleted member

That feeling when a post you think wasn't that good get more likes than another post you thought was really good.
View attachment 226514
I have just mixed emotions overall.
It can happen sometimes.

But don’t feel down, since people may still like it even if they don’t give the post one.

That has happened to me a lot in the past.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
That last one is a mood.
It's my current mood, yeah.

Also, this character as the Very original name of Jack.

Because coming up with good original name is hard, ya know?
0ab.gif

(Also, the other animatronic, who is a girl, is named Elisabette, which is more original I think)

EarlTamm

Smash Hero

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
do you think there are still people who are out there playing smash 4's online rn

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
it would be funny if we got another small skit for E3 where we have Doug Bowser navigate through Reggie’s old office to find the mother 3 copies to release and that how they announce it.
Considering I doubt it would get a stand-alone physical release, it would probably have to be some kind of mother Collection.

Hey, what do you think they’d call Mother 3 over in America? Earthbound 2? Some sort of subtitle?

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
It can happen sometimes.

But don’t feel down, since people may still like it even if they don’t give the post one.

That has happened to me a lot in the past.
Maybe it get more attention once it's done, but we have to see that in the future.

In all cases, it's bed time for me, so...
Kasumi bed uhhh.gif

See ya tomorrow, folks.

D

Deleted member

died for him
dude wtf i accidentally quoted this post and got spoiled

Izanagi97

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-2051-8893-9128
I don't mind Death Battle when they're well reasoned but the fights that are determined by a single fact that's either from an obscure bit of work that even big fans know or use the writer's physics failure as a hard fact irk me.

Mostly it boiled down to "the longer your series has been around, the more nonsense moments you have to draw from."
Probably explains why DC characters seem to have so many wins, being around for so long means there's bound to be some bull**** OP feats in there. Then again, I don't know how much RoosterTeeth being owned by Warnermedia factors into Death Battles with DC characters

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
I think Echo DLC could work, but it depends on who it is, but even that conversation opens a can of worms

Compare two characters: Blood Falcon vs. Jill Valentine as an echo of Leon (purely hypothetical)

One is a character from a dead series that literally looks exactly like a character (and has a skin that even makes Falcon’s suit look identical to his). The other is a female gaming icon.

There’s surely a difference in value simply based on the character, but the moveset/gameplay is the same.

I’m not really sure how to gauge the value there. But because i’m a complete sap, i’d buy them both anyway.

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
I think Echo DLC could work, but it depends on who it is, but even that conversation opens a can of worms

Compare two characters: Blood Falcon vs. Jill Valentine as an echo of Leon (purely hypothetical)

One is a character from a dead series that literally looks exactly like a character (and has a skin that even makes Falcon’s suit look identical to his). The other is a female gaming icon.

There’s surely a difference in value simply based on the character, but the moveset/gameplay is the same.

I’m not really sure how to gauge the value there. But because i’m a complete sap, i’d buy them both anyway.
injustice 2's 'premiere skins' (different 'characters' but literally just skins, not clones) go for the ingame currency value of $2.97, which always felt like a pretty reasonable price point

smash echoes can differentiate themselves even further by virtue of being separate characters altogether, so as long as the quality is consistent with the original characters i'm fine with whatever

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
That's not a primary source, nor does it cite any reliable primary sources. The one fact-checkable source is the credits thing, but here's the thing...I looked up the credits and Konami and Capcom aren't even credited. As a result, I don't think the Captain N credits are reliable. They say "Utilizes characters owned by Nintendo," but obviously that doesn't mean all of them are, considering Mega Man and Simon.

At best, I can see it being similar to Vaati, Lana, Rowan, and Lianna's rights, and Geno's at worst.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom