• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shroob

Sup?
Ya know.

Actually, no one besides Verg(and to a very lesser extent VR Plant) has even said anything about Erdrick at E3, have they?

I mean, everyone 'expects' Erdrick, but, afaik, the only thing that people like Shinobi have said is Banjo, no?

It's mainly been the community assuming that Erdrick now, Banjo 2 months later.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
It's the distinct lack of ''Goku" face that is the telling sign.

''LET'S GET A TORIYAMA CHARACTER BUT NOT DO THE ONE OF THREE FACES HE LOVES TO REPEAT."

Last edited:

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
Okay but for real though, the blue Kirby is a nice touch.

Tbh, the model isn't actually 'that' bad, imo of course.

Though, the JULY release seems 'really' weird. Considering they pushed a balance patch out really early, you'd think they'd drop 4.0 during E3.
the notification for 3.1.0 doesn't end until the monday after e3, and the notifications have never run into following updates

no matter what, we're not getting a shadow drop

Shroob

Sup?
the notification for 3.1.0 doesn't end until the monday after e3, and the notifications have never run into following updates

no matter what, we're not getting a shadow drop
:dr^_^:

Well then, that, I did not know.

I guess a July release could be in the cards then.

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
also ngl, that's actually a pretty good model if fake.

the first picture is a little dodgy, but the second picture with the closeup revealing the finer details like the dents on the shield shows that there's been a lot of work put into it, and the facial details are cohesive with ultimate's designs. the lack of goku face is a bit odd, but then soejima's artstyle also didn't entirely carry over to smash with joker--he was adapted to more closely match smash's existing anime swordies.

the only thing that kills it for me is that they don't have any screenshots on his new stage, since that's a lot harder to fake.
edit: unless the castle in the background of picture 2 is his new stage???

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
also ngl, that's actually a pretty good model if fake.

the first picture is a little dodgy, but the second picture with the closeup revealing the finer details like the dents on the shield shows that there's been a lot of work put into it, and the facial details are cohesive with ultimate's designs. the lack of goku face is a bit odd, but then soejima's artstyle also didn't entirely carry over to smash with joker--he was adapted to more closely match smash's existing anime swordies.

the only thing that kills it for me is that they don't have any screenshots on his new stage, since that's a lot harder to fake.
My opinion as well.

The 2nd ss looks really good IMO. It's not Goku-face, but it's close enough to recognize "Ah yeah, that's Toriyama inspired" at the very least.

Almost assuredly fake, but major props.

And again, the blue Kirby is a very nice touch.

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
My opinion as well.

The 2nd ss looks really good IMO. It's not Goku-face, but it's close enough to recognize "Ah yeah, that's Toriyama inspired" at the very least.

Almost assuredly fake, but major props.

And again, the blue Kirby is a very nice touch.
another problem in the first screenshot is that erdrick is ****ing huge

unless it's a mega mushroom gag, kirby has always been big enough to almost be as tall as swordies

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
I'd believe it more if we got that reported female Erdrick alt too.

Or him using anything but a sword and shield.

Since I feel that's the way Sakurai will/would make him interesting for the people who have never touched Dragon Quest and would just assume ''ANOTHER SWORDSMAN?"

Shroob

Sup?
I'd believe it more if we got that reported female Erdrick alt too.

Or him using anything but a sword and shield.

Since I feel that's the way Sakurai will/would make him interesting for the people who have never touched Dragon Quest and would just assume ''ANOTHER SWORDSMAN?"
Erdrick's shield is pretty damn iconic, he's going to have a shield regardless, and his main class weapon is a sword. Him having a sword and shield isn't what makes this image sus.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Erdrick's shield is pretty damn iconic, he's going to have a shield regardless, and his main class weapon is a sword. Him having a sword and shield isn't what makes this image sus.
I'm not saying it makes it suspicious. I'd just believe it more if he was shown to use another weapon as I suspect his moves will be based around....hopefully.

Otherwise? He's just not going to be a whole lot of interesting. We know he can equip other types of weapons, etc. I think that's the meat and bones for people who think he might not have anything to bring unique to Smash that someone else doesn't already cover.

Shroob

Sup?
I'm not saying it makes it suspicious. I'd just believe it more if he was shown to use another weapon as I suspect his moves will be based around....hopefully.

Otherwise? He's just not going to be a whole lot of interesting. We know he can equip other types of weapons, etc. I think that's the meat and bones for people who think he might not have anything to bring unique to Smash that someone else doesn't already cover.
Interest is a subjective term.

I've been saying it since day 1, but Erdrick doesn't have to be anything more than an anime swordsman since he has the entire nation of Japan backing him up.

Do I think he'll use various weapons? Sure.

But if he ended up being just 'anime swordsman'? It wouldn't surprise me, and he'd still sell gangbusters in Japan.

osby

Smash Obsessed

It's not like popular characters need to be super unique.

Just look at Ridley: He breathes fire, stabs people, has a command grab, multiple jumps etc. Nothing completely unique to him. But he's not a clone and people wanted him, so who cares.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Interest is a subjective term.

I've been saying it since day 1, but Erdrick doesn't have to be anything more than an anime swordsman since he has the entire nation of Japan backing him up.

Do I think he'll use various weapons? Sure.

But if he ended up being just 'anime swordsman'? It wouldn't surprise me, and he'd still sell gangbusters in Japan.
I mean agreed, but also eh. This is more about believing this. If I were to see time put into something that wasn't ''traditional" Erdrick. I'm saying I'd believe the leak more.

Cause at the end of the day? Sakurai isn't going to add Erdrick unless he does something new. He's going to treat Erdrick with respect because of how much Japan loves him.

But again it's about the leak. It just comes across very standard ''I'm going to fake Erdrick" to me It takes no risks that feel like what Sakurai would do.

Last edited:

osby

Smash Obsessed
I mean agreed, but also eh. This is more about believing this. If I were to see time put into something that wasn't ''traditional" Erdrick. I'm saying I'd believe the leak more.

Cause at the end of the day? Sakurai isn't going to add Erdrick unless he does something new. He's going to treat Erdrick with respect because of how much Japan loves him.

But again it's about the leak. It just comes across very standard ''I'm going to fake Erdrick" to me It takes no risks that feel like what Sakurai would do.
Treating a character with respect doesn't mean not giving them a sword.

The model looks fake as all hell and its stance looks like they ripped it off from Link but I don't think we can tell how much risk Sakurai took with the moveset from an idle pose.

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
shoutout to today's ongoing banjo vs. steve comic on 4chan that makes steve into a wreck-it-ralph turbo abomination
1559896797101.png
1559896808975.png
1559896821861.png
1559896839904.png
1559896847535.png

Shroob

Sup?
Anyway, gotta ask again:

Have any of the leakers BESIDES Verg come out and said "BANJO!...oh yeah, and Erdrick too?"

Because aside from Verg's "Erdrick is still happening"

And VR Plant's "Heard about Erdrick and Banjo"

Everyone's saying Banjo, but no one's saying Erdrick.

King Sonnn DeDeDoo

Smash Champion
Erdrick model looks really fake, but I commend the effort put into it, looks better than most models in smash “leaks”.

Still, it’s got nothing on this.
E8A3C274-B96F-46DE-88E2-A224DE2F017B.png

I will never not post this picture if given the chance.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
You guys know those Erdrick images came with this?

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Says a lot when you can pretty much tell from a glance what's an actual render and what's a fan made photoshop job.
Does Erdrick look rendery enough here?

Shroob

Sup?
Anyway, keep your eyes on papagenos papagenos

He's the main contact between us and VR Plant, and VR Plant seems incredibly loose lipped.

The day before the conference, I 100% expect that VR Plant will say something about Smash if my theory about them being tied to Nintendo's social media is true.

Last edited:

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
comparing the two, it's pretty obvious that he didn't actually have a stage to show off (probably just a screenshot taken from one of the DQ warriors games and blurred) so he stuck erdrick in the middle and hoped people wouldn't realise the direct was intentionally showing off both mementos and joker.

as a screenshot, pic 2 was ok; as a 'render', it's awful and completely undynamic.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Ooh, looks like Sword and Shield demos will be playable at E3. I remember people predicting Popplio evolving into a fairy type due to learning Disarming Voice so early. Rowlet didn't get as much attention for it but it also learned Astonish. Point is we might get some hints as to what each Pokemon evolves into soon.

...Not that it's at all guaranteed their future types will absolutely be given away by this. Litten doesn't learn a dark-type move until level 22. But it should be interesting speculation wise.

ZaneHitsurugi

Smash Ace
Dr. Claw at least puts in emotion. Sonya's voice acting was legit baffling. Never get a non-actor to voice act man, it never works.

Also the Narrator from Tekken 7's story mode. That was PS1 Capcom levels of bad, but without the cheesiness.
I can forgive sonya because I've never found her to be particularly interesting, so I've never payed attention to her voice.
But Noob had a good VA before in MK9. No idea why they decided to go with this shockmaster sounding voice in 11.

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
Ooh, looks like Sword and Shield demos will be playable at E3. I remember people predicting Popplio evolving into a fairy type due to learning Disarming Voice so early. Rowlet didn't get as much attention for it but it also learned Astonish. Point is we might get some hints as to what each Pokemon evolves into soon.

...Not that it's at all guaranteed their future types will absolutely be given away by this. Litten doesn't learn a dark-type move until level 22. But it should be interesting speculation wise.
scorbunny has fighting type moves

1559900315435.png

Ultomato

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW 1995 0060 1138

Chrom and Lucina can also equipe lances, Corrin can equip the same magic tomes as robin.

Yeah no that's not gonna be a thing for Erdrick either

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom