• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hydreigonfan01

Smash Master
I've recently been re-watching PSG's English dub and I almost forgot how funny it is. It's one of my favourite comedies I've seen. I request people in this thread to go see it if you like very dark humor, spoofs of pop culture and surreal stuff happening on screen.

Also it has a lot of swearing for only having 13 episodes.

Captain Shwampy

Smash Master
Anyway, gotta ask again:

Have any of the leakers BESIDES Verg come out and said "BANJO!...oh yeah, and Erdrick too?"

Because aside from Verg's "Erdrick is still happening"

And VR Plant's "Heard about Erdrick and Banjo"

Everyone's saying Banjo, but no one's saying Erdrick.
Tansut said Erdrick is happening
That might not mean an E3 reveal but he was 100% on erdrick

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
Anyway, gotta ask again:

Have any of the leakers BESIDES Verg come out and said "BANJO!...oh yeah, and Erdrick too?"

'brave', something we know is real, connects much more easily to erdrick than banjo

the only connection people have come up with is an alliterative one (jack/joker, brave/banjo), but even that breaks down once you look at the other two current examples of doyle/arsene and jane/kasumi

Shroob

Sup?
'brave', something we know is real, connects much more easily to erdrick than banjo

the only connection people have come up with is an alliterative one (jack/joker, brave/banjo), but even that breaks down once you look at the other two current examples of doyle/arsene and jane/kasumi
No, I get that.

But that doesn't necessarily mean a showup at E3 unlike Banjo supposedly is.

You'd think if these leakers knew of Banjo, who supposedly would come later down the line, they'd be mentioning Erdrick as well.

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
Anyway, gotta ask again:

Short answer: Yes, some have known/been saying it longer/before Vergeben even.

Long answer: not everyone is as eager as the Vergeben is to burn their connections. The style of gaining information putting yourself out there as a public face of leaking (presumably pretty much everyone now talking to VR Plant leaker right now) is always a double edged sword, as those are simultaneously the most frequently called out for any small errors, and tend to be the ones quickly thrown under the bus.

As mentioned above, tansut backed Erdrick after having previously broken the news of Cloud during Smash 4 DLC, but they waited until the day of to do so, and in an obscure/confusing way that wasn't immediately picked up on. And more have talked about the possibility, but chose to remain silent on it after the claims of Square Enix leaks jeopardizing the jobs of employees, but again, they're not Vergeben levels of "I'll just be an asshole and say it" :drsad:

Some of us know things from gossip that trickles down (I personally knew about Jack/Brave back in December/before launch night/VGAs), and withhold it so as to not make life harder for those that put their trust in us (and we ain't looking to get asked a billion questions, neither), or are unsure and are also waiting for more clarification before saying anything.

Either way, it's all stuff we'll see soon enough. From what I've seen, I have little reason to doubt most of recent claims, even though I'm still in disbelief we'd ever get Ridley (he's clearly too big) to this day. I ain't tryna live that ride or die mentality, I just want to see cool stuff with my own eyes. Banjo was my childhood, so it'd be neat, but I'm still playing the game at the end of the day. :213:

D

Deleted member

We are adding some cool posters to my bedroom.

I’m gonna share some pictures when we finish.

Shroob

Sup?
Short answer: Yes, some have known/been saying it longer/before Vergeben even.

Long answer: not everyone is as eager as the Vergeben is to burn their connections. The style of gaining information putting yourself out there as a public face of leaking (presumably pretty much everyone now talking to VR Plant leaker right now) is always a double edged sword, as those are simultaneously the most frequently called out for any small errors, and tend to be the ones quickly thrown under the bus.

As mentioned above, tansut backed Erdrick after having previously broken the news of Cloud during Smash 4 DLC, but they waited until the day of to do so, and in an obscure/confusing way that wasn't immediately picked up on. And more have talked about the possibility, but chose to remain silent on it after the claims of Square Enix leaks jeopardizing the jobs of employees, but again, they're not Vergeben levels of "I'll just be an ******* and say it" :drsad:

Some of us know things from gossip that trickles down (I personally knew about Jack/Brave back in December/before launch night/VGAs), and withhold it so as to not make life harder for those that put their trust in us (and we ain't looking to get asked a billion questions, neither), or are unsure and are also waiting for more clarification before saying anything.

Either way, it's all stuff we'll see soon enough. From what I've seen, I have little reason to doubt most of recent claims, even though I'm still in disbelief we'd ever get Ridley (he's clearly too big) to this day. I ain't tryna live that ride or die mentality, I just want to see cool stuff with my own eyes. Banjo was my childhood, so it'd be neat, but I'm still playing the game at the end of the day. :213:
I mean, I don't doubt Erdrick

But what I'm asking is

"Erdrick at E3, yes/no"

Erdrick makes sense as being the next character since he's been in development since before the game came out(Brave), but all the current leakers are going "BANJO BANJO BANJO E3" and no one's talking "Oh ya, Erdrick will be there too."

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
No, I get that.

But that doesn't necessarily mean a showup at E3 unlike Banjo supposedly is.

You'd think if these leakers knew of Banjo, who supposedly would come later down the line, they'd be mentioning Erdrick as well.
i don't see why brave wouldn't release before banjo, unless there was some serious reshuffling in production - brave has been 'in' since december while character 3 has been nowhere to be seen (before they wiped it altogether in february).

Shroob

Sup?
i don't see why brave wouldn't release before banjo, unless there was some serious reshuffling in production - brave has been 'in' since december while character 3 has been nowhere to be seen (before they wiped it altogether in february).
That's what I'm saying.

I don't think people are grasping what I mean.

My question is, Erdrick makes sense as being our 2nd(3rd) character, yet none of the people who have come forward recently have said "Erdrick's at E3", it's all been "Banjo's at E3".

D

Deleted member

I still believe on a potential dual reveal based on how we got two Smash characters revealed at past E3 conferences and how Sakurai apparently commented that he has been working both on Fighter 2 and Fighter 3 since a while.

I could see it going with a DQ rep at the start of the conference and Banjo at the end.

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
any leak to this stuff?
He meant the post in response to this:

Basically a placeholder for a game on Amazon showed up/got confirmed to be real very shortly after attention was brought to it.

Gyrom8

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-4844-4242-3130
If stuff's leaking, then spoiler tags all around plz - I'd like a place to speculate for the last few days and would like to react with you all to Microsoft's conference without facing a thread full of Nintendo direct spoilers

But there are already tags being used so good on you all

Shroob

Sup?
Still trying to make sense of that A Link to the Past thing - in some garbled way, was that pointing to eventual SNES games for Switch online?
That really was the strangest thing about it.

The other **** was at least rumored stuff.

That had literally nothing, at least, that was known publicly, especially since the Link's Awakening remake still hasn't come out.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
I mean, I don't doubt Erdrick

But what I'm asking is

"Erdrick at E3, yes/no"

Erdrick makes sense as being the next character since he's been in development since before the game came out(Brave), but all the current leakers are going "BANJO BANJO BANJO E3" and no one's talking "Oh ya, Erdrick will be there too."
because it was Erdrick Erdrick Erdrick before anyone even cared to talk about banjo and thats passed

Last edited:

Wunderwaft

Smash Master
I still believe that if Banjo doesn't get anything at ALL during Microsoft's E3 conference then this means he's not part of the fighters pass. The Microsoft conference will be the deciding factor for Banjo's situation imo
Either he still lives or he doesn't

Shroob

Sup?
I still believe that if Banjo doesn't get anything at ALL during Microsoft's E3 conference then this means he's not part of the fighters pass. The Microsoft conference will be the deciding factor for Banjo's situation imo
Schrodinger's Bear.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
I mean, I'm thinking of the possibility that he's getting the Crash treatment but no Smash

Shroob

Sup?
I mean, I'm thinking of the possibility that he's getting the Crash treatment but no Smash
Possible, but that goes against Shinobi's hint.

He leaked Ridley the same way in 2018, I don't think a ResetEra admin of all people would fan the flames like that when they know the consequences.

D

Deleted member

Ok, so the posters are marked:

3776C6EE-9CB7-41F4-8EAE-0ABB63BBF1BB.jpeg

The only thing left is to put them on the wall, which we’ll do later.

Wunderwaft

Smash Master
That's a realistic possibility and I expect Banjo to be getting a remake of the first two games. But my point is if nothing gets revealed during Microsoft's conference and no grand revival is announced then that means Banjo isn't DLC for Smash. I just don't picture Banjo getting in Smash while he's still stuck in a limbo with no games getting released.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
Bruh, when I said, “It’s going to happen tomorrow” I didn’t actually mean it.

Damn, i’m good.

For the record I know nothing has actually leaked, but we’re getting to the point that it could.

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
This really all comes down to Shinobi.

The man is clearly aware of his choice of words, considering he did the same exact thing for Ridley last year, so him using "Smashing" was 100% intentional. Same choice of words and everything.

I just can't wrap my head around what he has to gain from lying.

He's an admin, on ResetEra, the biggest "Unga bunga, we permaban fake leak!" site I've ever seen.

He has everything to lose and nothing to gain.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
Possible, but that goes against Shinobi's hint.

He leaked Ridley the same way in 2018, I don't think a ResetEra admin of all people would fan the flames like that when they know the consequences.
Pretty sure Shinobi never hinted at Ridley, Jonneh and Nibel were the ones who did, although even they got the timing of the announcement wrong. Not that it makes Shinobi any less reliable, his credentials speak for themselves.

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
Pretty sure Shinobi never hinted at Ridley, Jonneh and Nibel were the ones who did, although even they got the timing of the announcement wrong. Not that it makes Shinobi any less reliable, his credentials speak for themselves.
I swear I've seen dozens of people mention that Shinobi used the "Smashing" phrase in regards to Ridley.

Last edited:

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
now i'm not saying it'd be hilarious if shinobi had actually just been making a genuine prediction/wish but with a poor choice of words, resulting in every uncertain leaker on the planet piling onto his 'claim' because of his previous credibility

but it would be a little hilarious

Shroob

Sup?
now i'm not saying it'd be hilarious if shinobi had actually just been making a genuine prediction/wish but with a poor choice of words, resulting in every uncertain leaker on the planet piling onto his 'claim' because of his previous credibility

but it would be a little hilarious
Wouldn't he get in hella hot water? :dr^_^:

ResetEra is soo damn strict with that ****.

Wunderwaft

Smash Master
I swear I've seen dozens of people mention that Shinobi used the "Smashing" phrase in regards to Ridley.
The smashing phrase was in regards to the March direct that announced a new Smash bros game last year. He didn't say anything of this regard to Ridley.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
Yeah, but it's misinformation being spread around based on one Discord post which tried to round up all his previous leaks and hints, I assume the guy who wrote that misremembered who said what. Like, I followed the whole Ridley ResetEra saga religiously, and I don't remember Shinobi being part of it, and neither is there any evidence he was, all of the leak roundups and what not from that time only ever mention Nibel and Jonneh (the latter who went all-in on Ridley).

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
The smashing phrase was in regards to the March direct that announced a new Smash bros game last year. He didn't say anything of this regard to Ridley.
Alright, fair enough.

But it's still evidence he knows what he's doing with his choice of words.

He's still done it twice now, Ridley or no Ridley, once with the announcement, and now with Banjo, same word choice.

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
Wouldn't he get in hella hot water? :dr^_^:

ResetEra is soo damn strict with that ****.
he never actually made a claim, just a comment that reads like a hint

that it shares wording with a previous smash-related tweet and he hasn't replied to anything regarding it suggests it's a tease, but there's also no grounds to punish him if it turns out he's wrong or wasn't teasing anything, because everything that followed is just assumptions from other people reading it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom