• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
Gum chewing's fine when it's once in a while.
It stops you from smoking and brightens your smile.
But it's repulsive, revolting and wrong.
Chewing and chewing. All. Day. Long.

The way that a cow does!
Technically it could also apply to Augustus without the severe consequence he suffers :yoshi:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
2011 the year that finally brought Mortal Kombat back to its former glory.

And to boot a the beginning of an new decade.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

This was completely outrageous to hear in Banjo & Kazooie's presentation. Animal Crossing's music has been incredibly slow in Smash for a decade and they go after Banjo & Kazooie's music T_T
Wasn't the reason for the change more in regards of style than in speed? Like the style wasn't fitting enough so they had to do arrangements?

Noipoi

Howdy!
FF0B76D3-AF7E-42FF-B20D-8A9DAC8E917E.jpeg

The western release of Pokémon Black and White. The start of the fifth generation, and the start of my Pokémon fandom. These games led me to my current favorite game series of all time.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Thor and Captain America: The First Avenger came out both that'd lead to the MCU's first blockbuster hit that was The Avengers and introducing Thanos building up to him as the big bad for the next 5 years until an finale a year after that.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
The terrain transition.

2017-12-27_20.38.16.png

2019-09-19_21.22.13.png

This is also the first year I played Minecraft and when I learned about it. Beta 1.5/one of its bugfix updates was my first version.

Last edited:

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
2011 was probably the worst year in my life so far:

• My last living grandparent died unexpectedly. Meaning I lost all 4 of em within a span of 4 years
  • Had to put down the family cat of 13 years
  • Got in a pretty brutal car accident that shook up my entire family and left with pretty bad anxiety that I still deal with to this day
Also most films and video games and such that year were pretty disappointing and underwhelming too

so yeah, not real fond of 2011 to say the least

Last edited:

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870
2011: many things happened
-Early in my high school career still, when things were still fresh. Had memorable, fun classes with very hit or miss teachers
-Bought Pokemon White. First Pokemon game I've ever finished.
-Olive Garden arrived in town. Greatest restaurant edition ever.
-Began binge-watching Naruto like there was no tomorrow. Very fun times as well.
-Discovered the Bleach manga and enjoyed that a lot as well.
-Even before I became a hockey fan, one of the greatest, dirtiest, most gritty Finals matches happened in NHL history: the Vancouver Canucks vs. the Boston Bruins. Boston won.

DerpingPikachu

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5074-6946-5113
2011 was good. Met most of my childhood friends that year. I only speak to one of them to this day though.

Diem

Agent of Phaaze
NNID
Luminoth_Prime
2011 was when I discovered Minecraft, in January. Can't remember exactly how, but I got and fell in love with the game pretty early. By the end of the year, they'd added so many new things and features that it was hard for me to keep up, so I lost interest. Every time I go back to it, I'm always mystified at something new that I totally don't understand.

I also discovered Crysis, specifically the second game, but I don't like the other two as much. Crysis 1 had some jank, and 3 was clearly rushed. But 2 was unique, and the series has been sadly lost to time, despite its amazing potential and how influential it was to the FPS genre years after it faded.

The other series lost to time that I mentioned earlier, Resistance, got its third entry that year, and it was good yet disappointing. It didn't live up to the potential built by the first two games, and felt like Insomniac just wanted to be done with the series and move on, much like Crysis 3. The parallels between these two unrelated series is really interesting, and I plan on doing a video about it... eventually.

DerpingPikachu

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5074-6946-5113
2011 was probably the worst year in my life so far:

• My last living grandparent died unexpectedly. Meaning I lost all 4 of em within a span of 4 years
  • Had to put down the family cat of 13 years
  • Got in a pretty brutal car accident that shook up my entire family and left with pretty bad anxiety that I still deal with to this day
Also most films and video games and such that year were pretty disappointing and underwhelming too

so yeah, not real fond of 2011 to say the least
That sounds rough, sorry you had to go through that.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
I'm going to bed in 15 minutes. Hope to god won't be at page 2012 at that point because that's the year the beloved franchise that was Ice Age fell to grace and you do not want to see me ranting on that...

Tako Tuesday

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-0245-5753-9220
I just got here, so I don't know why we're talking about 2011, but it was a good year for me. I think that's the year when I got into emulation, which introduced me to a lot of great games and series and wouldn't have been able to play otherwise.

For example, Sonic 3 was a game I wanted to play all my life, and with emulation my dream finally came true, and Sonic 3 and knuckles is now one of my favorite games of all time. I also got into Pokémon, another one of my all time favorite series through emulation with Gold and Silver, though that wasn't until 2012.

2011 was overall a great year for me, and I really miss it. Unfortunately, life went downhill the following year, but thankfully things are better now. I rate 2011 a solid 11/11.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
Since this was the year the Harry Potter films came to a close, I wanted to bring up an idea I’ve had for a while

Imagine if there was a opportunity to retell the stories through an animated Netflix/other streaming service series...

Diem

Agent of Phaaze
NNID
Luminoth_Prime
Also the year of Portal 2!

One of my favorite games!

Portal 3 when?
Surprised I forgot about Portal 2. One of two sequels to an original game that I played and went "Wow, this was pretty much better than the original in almost every conceivable way." Better story, better gameplay, better writing, everything. I don't think we even need a Portal 3.

The other sequel is Borderlands 2, which I've had an itch to replay for the first time in 6-7 years now that the third one's out, though I doubt it will live up to 2. Or, at least, I don't think anything will surpass Handsome Jack's writing.

D

Deleted member

I have a very poor memory so I can't remember anything about 2011 but I get the feeling that it was a good year. I don't know/10.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom