• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
alrighty gonna be shutting the arena down,

sorry folks, it's getting late over here

good games

Last edited:

Noipoi

Howdy!
2012 was like, the peak of my childhood.

It wasn’t the last year I was a kid, of course. But after this all the awkwardness and responsibilities of maturing really started to set in. This was the last year I could just mess around without much consequence. Every day was like a little adventure, even if I didn’t do anything special.

DerpingPikachu

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5074-6946-5113
So how many of you would be on board with this idea?
I think it's a good idea. They could add in some of the stuff from the books that the movies missed out on.
2012 was like, the peak of my childhood.

It wasn’t the last year I was a kid, of course. But after this all the awkwardness and responsibilities of maturing really started to set in. This was the last year I could just mess around without much consequence. Every day was like a little adventure, even if I didn’t do anything special.
Same. 2012 was right before I went into middle school and everything went downhill. Things are good now though.

D

Deleted member

2012: Soulcalibur V

Is anyone here a Soulcalibur fan? This is a game I picked up just last year. Now would be an appropriate time to show y'all something:
SOULCALIBUR Ⅴ_12.png

Tell me, how do I look?

Had fun with y'all tonight, so... おやすみなさい! :kirby:

Last edited by a moderator:

Noipoi

Howdy!
The his was the year I came up with my first ever plot for a cartoon!

It wasn’t anything special. Kind’ve a regular show type thing, about a guy and a pterodactyl getting into weird situations. But I was incredibly proud of it.

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870
Hmm

I challenge this notion with a banger of remix made up of songs from 2009

2009 was also excellent for pop, I will say that.

Also, 2012. The year in which the world was going to end (when it didn't, apparently). Also, Sonic Generations released the holiday season before, and the traction gained from it caused a bit of a revival within the Sonic game franchise. Also, entering 11th grade, my favorite year of high school. Won a Marching Band competition championship for the first time ever with my peers. Also, this was around the time when the Black Eyed Peas began to fade out of relevancy. Shaun White scores a perfect score (100) on the SuperPipe event. The Avengers takes theaters by storm and becomes one of the most well-known and well-reviewed movies of all time. And, the LA Kings finally win their first ever Stanley Cup.

D

Deleted member

So once terry and the 5th challenger arrive that would make up to about 80 fighters

Why do I get the feeling sakurai is counting up to 100?

I’m scared.

D

Deleted member

Honestly I don't remember much about 2012. Was still in Elementary school and all that

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870
I will always remember blasting this on my PC on the night of 12/21/12.

Majora's Mask stands as my favorite LoZ game, but not only that... it's one of my favorite video games of all time atm. It touched upon every single aspect... so nicely for me. Only flaw was the finnicky Zora costume...controlling that thing was hellish for a while. Got used to it just in time for the final boss lol.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
The year the Wither was added. 1.4, the Pretty Scary update, came in October 2012, six days before Halloween. Half creepy stuff like witches and this boss mob, half pretty cobblestone walls and whatever other decorative blocks like flower pots and item frames.

Wither.png

The Wither was my Halloween costume that year. My parents helped me make it from a shirt and cardboard boxes we painted. It started to break later on during trick-or-treating in town, though...

The Wither is summoned by using four Soulsand and three wither skeleton skulls.

It's basically made out of restless spirits. Notice the screaming faces in soulsand? Notice how you sink a little and slow down when walking over it? The Wither is basically an amalgamation of crying souls from the underworld.

The Pink Wither, however, is just some goofy version made from the soul of a rose/poppy or something and pink wool.

This is also the update that added skulls and heads you could wear, and some other stuff.

I remember the official Minecraft Wiki's page for the Wither comparing it to Hydreigon in its trivia page, due to similarities in behavior and shape. It has since been removed from the page, however.

I still like the idea, though. I mean, look at it:
Hydreigon.png
Minecraft has more dark stuff, like music discs 13 and 11, and stuff related to The End and all of the abandoned structures, abandoned villages, the war with pillagers and illagers, and whatever. Of course, there's no confirmed lore, but there does seem to be bits and pieces for the player to imagine something. And, based on the names of the achievements, perhaps the Wither is the source of it all, while slaying the Ender Dragon is, well...Steve and Alex avenging those that came before them. Or not, I don't know.

It's 'bout time I get off for the night, though, so have a goodnight, everybody.
1.5 - The Redstone Update. (Name says all, more redstone stuff. SethBling and EthosLab are pleased. Forgot to mention, they would've been pleased with 1.4 as well, as that update also added the Command Blocks.)
1.6 - DrZhark's Mo' Creatur- *ahem* I mean, haybales, coal blocks, and horses. The Horse Update. (DrZhark, the creator of the still-ongoing Mo' Creatures mod, first made for beta versions of Minecraft in 2011, helped them add the horses.)
1.7 - The Update that Changed the World (more biomes, flowers, etc.)
1.8 - The Bountiful Update. Ocean Monuments, Guardians, and most-importantly, the return of functional sponges. SpongeBob is pleased.
1.9 - The (Controversial) Combat Update. Many people loved the combat changes, though may have felt it was bad for multiplayer PvP, and many people were vehemently against it, causing most servers to have to support multiple versions. They tend to support 5+ versions currently. Jens is now trying to change the combat to please everyone.
1.10 - Fire and Ice, Hot and Cold, whatever they called it, Update. We got bone blocks and fossil structures, magma blocks, and Polar Bears.
1.11 - We got llamas. Yama llamas. Yamallamadingdong. They spit at you if you hit them, and I think they also spit at wolves - not sure. We also got the dark Illagers, with their fancy mansions, "HERE'S JOHNNY!" Vindicators, dark magic-using Evokers, those dang Vex ghosts, and of course, Totems of Undying/extra lives you have to hold to use.
1.12 - The World of Color Update - Wool colors were brightened, Hardened Clay was renamed Terracotta, we got the fancy Glazed Terracotta, and of course we got colored sand (concrete powder) that turns into concrete. I think this also added the recipe book, allowing you to search up a recipe if you've gotten one of the materials for it. No more searching it up on Google!
1.13 - Update Aquatic - Brighter oceans! Kelp! Cool technical stuff! Fish! DOLPHINS!
1.14 - Village & Pillage - A village and villager overhaul that was much-needed, as well as new enemies in the form of Pillagers, basically the scouts of the dreaded Illagers. Those frickin jerks, where'd they get those cool beasts they can ride? Why can't I ride it into battle? I want one!

1.15 - Bee Movie starring Steve and Alex. Ya like jazz?
1.16 - Hopefully a cave/underground update. Apparently one of the 1.15 snapshots added data in the code for differences in chunks or biomes vertically, so I expect this at some point.

Cave Game - Grass and Cobblestone/Minecraft: Order of the Stone created by Markus "Notch" Persson Hatsune Miku.
Classic - Bunch of more stuff added to Cave Game
Survival Test - as the name implies.
Indev - Different world types, more stuff.
Infdev - Removal of world types and added infinite terrain.
Alpha - Featured the game's first Halloween Update, and the only one by that name. Added fish (food, mobs came much later in 1.13 as you now), pumpkins and jack o' lanterns, and the Nether/literally Heck. Alpha as a whole of course added more than that, such as redstone.
Beta - When I joined the game, during Beta 1.5, in 2011. Some say this was the Golden Days of Minecraft, and admittedly I still wish we had the option to use that old terrain generator. I still love each new update, however. Beta added beds, wolves, maps, weather, etc. Notch Hatsune Miku also tested a Sky Dimension, which there was code for in Beta 1.6 that could be accessed ingame if one of the code files were edited. I think that edited file someone released is now unavailable, but I'm not sure. A mod may be available somewhere. Of course, the idea was scrapped or turned into the End later. Endermen were added, too.
"Full" Release - Not done with updates (thank goodness), but we're out of Beta, so let's drop that name. Added the Ender Dragon, the End, enchanting, and potions. And of course, every update after that one.

Last edited:

Icedragonadam

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5227-6397-6112
You know based on the fact that Sakurai announced more DLC characters before DLC character #5 was even revealed, something tells me character #5 is not going to be a big name icon like Crash. Rather it's going to be someone niche. The message of more DLC sounded like a "calm down there's another chance for your favorite character to make it in. Please understand".

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I’m still betting DLC 5 is crash. I want re but I feel if capcom has a rep coming they would ha e saved the costumes

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Wasn't 2012 when the world ended? I remember, good times...

You know based on the fact that Sakurai announced more DLC characters before DLC character #5 was even revealed, something tells me character #5 is not going to be a big name icon like Crash. Rather it's going to be someone niche. The message of more DLC sounded like a "calm down there's another chance for your favorite character to make it in. Please understand".
Or damage control for Terry Bogard. He wasn't exactly a highly requested character regardless of his merits and Sakurai's pretty aware at this point just how riled up Smash fans can be at times.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
This was also the year where in which I started the journey where I'd discover which Pokemon was my all-time favorite:

Enjoy the one whole second, because it's unarguably the cutest one whole second ever.

Noipoi

Howdy!
As a doofy 12 year old I was just playing Smash and 3D World. I didn’t know the Wii U was a failure until everyone started talking about how much of a success the Switch is.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom