• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Noipoi

Howdy!
The year my favorite movie of all time released (and led to a life-long obsession with Norse themes and winged reptiles)

Still amazing to this day.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Ah 2010 the year Noipoi's favorite animated films How to Train Your Dragon began. :)

2010 was also the year of Toy Story 3 and where it should had stayed.

Despicable Me also came into light and spawned the dreaded and annoying Minions as you would call them.

In terms of gaming Darksiders came into the light along with Red Dead Redemption and also began the new Donkey Kong Country games.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
You know. This reminds me of how, if it were to get in Smash, Crash’s music would need a bit of a faster paced overhall like Banjo’s music.
This was completely outrageous to hear in Banjo & Kazooie's presentation. Animal Crossing's music has been incredibly slow in Smash for a decade and they go after Banjo & Kazooie's music T_T

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Two of my favorite cartoons of all time started this year.
Also Regular Show (it debuted in 2009 but started its regular run in 2010).
I could have sworn UA started in 2010.

Definitely not the best the franchise has to offer, but probably the most consistent show after the original run. Considering Alien Force’s disappointing third season and Omniverse’s.... Derrick J Wyatt.

Last edited:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Gum chewing's fine when it's once in a while.
It stops you from smoking and brightens your smile.
But it's repulsive, revolting and wrong.
Chewing and chewing. All. Day. Long.

The way that a cow does!
Chewing chewing all day long
Chewing chewing chewing chewing chewing chewing all day long

Listen close
Listen hard
Tale of Violet Boeregaurd
This little girl, she sees no wrong
Chewing chewing chewing chewing chewing chewing all day long!

I don’t care what y’all say. The Johnny Depp version is better.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
Chewing chewing chewing chewing chewing chewing all day long

Listen close
Listen hard
Tale of Violet Boeregaurd
This little girl, she sees no wrong
Chewing chewing chewing chewing chewing chewing all day long!

I don’t care what y’all say. The Johnny Depp version is better.
I mean the newer songs are great and there’s some things the newer version does well, but I still prefer the original overall and think it’s a much stronger movie.

Noipoi

Howdy!
****!!!!!!!

I hate myself.
I love myself.

My mom told me to immediately follow up a self deprecation with a compliment to help my depression.
Eventually you’ll love yourself so much you’ll get to the point where you go around proclaiming yourself as the bodaciously radical master of the universe, like me.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
I mean the newer songs are great and there’s some things the newer version does well, but I still prefer the original overall and think it’s a much stronger movie.
I don’t remember a single thing about the original. But I remember the Johnny rep version start to end. And i’ve Seen both the same amount of times. It’s just... way more memorable. Reminds me of my childhood trips to Hershey’s Chocolate World.

Eventually you’ll love yourself so much you’ll get to the point where you go around proclaiming yourself as the bodaciously radical master of the universe, like me.
I think that’s too far in the other direction.

I just wanna make movies, Stars a family, and have the proper genitals. I don’t need to be a god.

Last edited:

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
I don’t remember a single thing about the original. But I remember the Johnny rep version start to end. And i’ve Seen both the same amount of times. It’s just... way more memorable. Reminds me of my childhood trips to Hershey’s Chocolate World.
In my case, I think I’ve actually seen the remake MORE than the original yet the original has stuck with me more. I think I just prefer the nuance and timelessness of the original more, as well as Gene Wilder.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
I think that’s too far in the other direction.

I just wanna make movies, Stars a family, and have the proper genitals. I don’t need to be a god.
In my case, I think I’ve actually seen the remake MORE than the original yet the original has stuck with me more. I think I just prefer the nuance and timelessness of the original more, as well as Gene Wilder.
imo. The original feels a little too.... saccharine, for me anyway. Plus I really identify with Depp’s Wonka.

Diem

Agent of Phaaze
NNID
Luminoth_Prime
2010 - Halo: Reach. My favorite game of all time as the culmination of a decade's worth of my favorite series. Almost everything that Halo 3 did well, Reach improved and expanded upon (Forge, Theater, armor customization, online file sharing, etc.). The art direction is still perhaps the best there's ever been in the series, vying for contention with Halo 2 Anniversary. And the game was just loaded with content and things to do, from its fantastic, unique campaign, to the revamped, customizable Firefight, to the new modes and features in matchmaking, or the new possibilities with Custom Games. In all these modes and features, you'd find the wealth of new stuff added from previous games, with new weapons, vehicles, and other goodies that are all cool and memorable. In addition, it's the first--and last--Halo game where you get to fight against every single alien species in the Covenant, including a new variant of the Jackal that hasn't been seen since. This was all tied together by one of the best user interfaces I've ever seen, and somehow other games haven't learned from it.

All of this, mind you, at launch. The game only received one title update, late the following year, and otherwise only had four map packs simply adding new environments for the multiplayer modes. Otherwise, all this content was included and functional at launch. Compare that to nearly every major game release from this past generation where there's usually some controversy or issue regarding slim content or technical problems.

My hype for the game was on another level. Every single detail, video, screenshot, or other piece of content I could discover on the internet, I looked at with awe. On September 13, 2010, my dad, cousin/best friend, and I arrived early outside of a GameStop 60 miles north of my hometown where I'd pre-ordered my Legendary Edition copy of the game, along with my Limited Edition Xbox 360 system, which I'd saved my money for that entire year. We waited for hours in line, and shortly after midnight walked out with my two big boxes, had to contain myself on the ride home, got everything hooked up, played the game, and was not let down or disappointed in the slightest. The only game since that's gotten me close to as hyped was Super Smash Bros. Ultimate, but it didn't fully live up to the hype, sadly (lacking in modes/single player content compared to past games).

My hype for Halo: Reach was so massive that it completely eclipsed and made me forget about Metroid: Other M, which came out two weeks prior. And I couldn't be more thankful for that.

Call of Duty: Black Ops also came out shortly afterwards, and is arguably the best in the series, for a lot of the same reasons as Reach. It's packed with content and features, has arguably the best and most interesting campaign in the series, as well as great music and multiplayer. It's funny, because I was so hyped for Halo that when I discovered that there was a rivalry between Halo and Call of Duty, I found myself being a Halo fanboy and acting like Call of Duty wouldn't be nearly as good, but when I did end up caving in and getting the game, I discovered my favorite game in that series, too.

Much earlier in the year, Mass Effect 2 came out. I had an okay time playing the first game, and only got hooked into buying the second when I saw the ad for the GameStop pre-order exclusive content, which was a cool suit of armor and weapon, so I got a pre-order for Christmas. Of the PC version. From Amazon. I did end up getting the game on Xbox so I could actually play it, and... had an okay time, again, and didn't think much of it. But for some reason, I went back and played it three months later, and that was when how great of a game it was truly hit me. The world, characters, and fun gameplay that had somehow gone unnoticed my first time were all now so engaging that I ended up buying every single piece of extra content for the game, even if I had to get it from Ebay. I played through the game several times that year alone, and it has had a marked influence on me in a variety of ways.

2010 was a pretty stacked year for me. Unfortunately, it also had some of the biggest lows in my life, but that's all in the past, at least, while I can still enjoy these games today. Actually played Halo: Reach quite a bit for its 9-year birthday last weekend.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom