• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

*checks and sees if no one has beat her to it...*

Wonderful!

2009: The year we celebrate my girl :ultbayonetta1:!

そして...
My prediction is when y'all get to page 2018, we worship Sakurai for blessing us with Ultimate, right?

I finally come back to this site, and I've already missed my birth year page.
I would of posted something on my birth year page, which is 1961. But I am the only odd bird in this community, and the 1960s and 1970s seems not to matter much here, anyway.

Sayonara :kirby:

DerpingPikachu

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5074-6946-5113
Ahh 2009. The year I discovered the internet. One of my personal favorite years tbh.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
This year spawned the CGI fest and rip-off that was Pocahontas in Space.

The last known full-length 2D animated film Princess and the Frog before being 3D CGI from now on.

The first of the Batman Arkham games.

The last good Ice Age film until the series fell to grace.

Infamous and Prototype two familiar games that debuted.

Bayonetta debuted.

And this was also the year that spawned one of the biggest games in history none other then Minecraft.

Last edited:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
On this year a legendary cartoon was born:
Aw yes without a doubt my favorite modern cartoon. I am grateful it ended on a good note rather then dragging on unlike some certain shows *cough* Spongebob, Family Guy, Simpsons, etc. rather then continued being dragged through the mud.

D

Deleted member

2009 was the year when...

-I got my very 2nd Nintendo console the Nintendo ds lite in dark blue(but none of the games were Nintendo)
-Minecraft was born
-Nickelodeon went modern and died
-this happened and became a meme 10 years later
2B5E088B-FBD6-47F9-952B-364BA4CFF8B3.jpeg
-and got balloons for Christmas(don’t ask)

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Blue furries?

More like giant smurfs whose plot copied Pocahontas and Dances with Wolves people blinded by the beautiful visuals to even notice.

Last edited:

Diem

Agent of Phaaze
NNID
Luminoth_Prime
The year of Brawl, boys.

This one’s totally gonna take over Melee in the competitive scene.
2008 was the year of Brawl for me, mainly, but also the year that Nintendo began its downward spiral in interesting games. The Gamecube and early Wii era were killer, and 2008 had Brawl and Mario Kart Wii early in the year, but then their most infamous E3 happened, and despite Animal Crossing: City Folk coming out and being cool, most of what they released from 2009 to 2016 was either (generally) not worth buying a console for or just plain disappointing. It wasn't until the Switch and 2017 where Nintendo was like "Breath of the Wild, Splatoon 2, Odyssey, now show us your money."

2008 also had Resistance 2, but months before it was when I discovered the first game, which came out two years earlier. Still one of my favorite, most underrated franchises lost to time.

Oh, I'm late. 2009. Halo 3: ODST and Modern Warfare 2 for me, mainly. I was pretty disappointed with ODST at first, but a few months later I came back to it and loved it. Modern Warfare 2 was also the game that redefined the entire gaming industry for several years, for better or for worse. Good memories.

Also Metroid Prime Trilogy, but I didn't get it that year, despite the fact that it came out on my birthday, which is odd and a little sad considering that I've played dozens and dozens of hours of that game since I eventually picked up a near-mint Collector's Edition copy in 2015.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
What do y'all prefer?

Doubles? 1 on 1? 4/3 player free for all? (Probably won't do the latter just for lags sake)
I prefer Crash Bandicoot. In Smash. Sometime after the end of the Fighters Pass.

Maybe i’ll Sign up for some free online just to have some fun with y’all in lobbies. If I do, please go easy on me. I’m not very good.

Last edited:

Icedragonadam

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5227-6397-6112
it's 2009 already, ah man I missed Nintendo's greatest E3 conference in 2008.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom