• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

You're a natural reaction. >;T

And before I decide that being dumb is a logical course of action any furthur, I'm gonna go now.
See ya!
I do have to sleep too since it is 2:12 AM where I live.

Good night everyone!

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806

I could see the final starter evolutions being something like these. Fanart always is more experimental, though.
That Scorbunny evo is basically King Kazma

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
It may sound weird, but I actually laugh at the ****posting that happens when it comes to Smash on various websites.

Mainly 4chan.

There are so many threads on the Banjo hype, and the amount of salt among the users is honestly hilarious. The day the news actually legit leaks, or is officially revealed, it’s going to be a complete ****show.

And I will love it.

D

Deleted member

It may sound weird, but I actually laugh at the ****posting that happens when it comes to Smash on various websites.

Mainly 4chan.

There are so many threads on the Banjo hype, and the amount of salt among the users is honestly hilarious. The day the news actually legit leaks, or is officially revealed, it’s going to be a complete ****show.

And I will love it.
Some of it is gold. I stole this from the Banjo thread.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Even though I'm team Sobble, Grookey has really been growing on me lately. There's something really cute about a little monkey carrying around a stick.

I still expect Sobble to have a cool evolution though.

Iridium

Smash Hero
That Scorbunny evo is basically King Kazma
I can't unsee the similarities.

Mainly 4chan.

And I will love it.
They must be bored over there. The first thing I found on /v/ was this.

But honestly, I feel nothing when it comes to the duo. It would be nice seeing them in, but I know little about the franchise to say much.

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Ummm.... Banjo didn't even exist yet when boomers were kids.... plus, we've been begging for our boy since game 1.

Honestly, Banjo vs. Steve shouldn't even be a debate. It's truley like comparing apples and oranges.
4chan memed boomers' definition into millennial/pre Gen Z.

Which is really dumb considering it's supposed to be people born in the 40s and 50s, but I digress.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
I would recommend to anybody who hasn’t played a series with a playable character in Smash to follow up with that. I’ve been doing it since Brawl, and I consider my gaming experience to be quite fulfilling.

I’ve been fortunate enough to be able to afford all 3 consoles for a few generations now, but it’s so fulfilling to play so many quality games that are a part of Smash. I’ve played Metal Gear, Mega Man, Street Fighter, Final Fantasy VII, Metroid, Fire Emblem, Earthbound, Castlevania, and others all because of Smash.

I freaking love video games. Iridium Iridium if you can manage to play at least the original Banjo Kazooie, you should try it out! Loads of fun. And memes.

Last edited:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
The supposed reveal of this Godzilla game as well as Banjo as DLC will probably be my most hyped anticipations to see at E3. Assuming they're true that. God I really hope they are.

I'd also would like to see gameplay of Spawn in Mortal Kombat 11 though that might more likely be saved for Comic-Con.

Noipoi

Howdy!
I would recommend to anybody who hasn’t played a series with a playable character in Smash to follow up with that. I’ve been doing it since Brawl, and I consider my gaming experience to be quite fulfilling.

I’ve been fortunate enough to be able to afford all 3 consoles for a few generations now, but it’s so fulfilling to play so many quality games that are a part of Smash. I’ve played Metal Gear, Mega Man, Street Fighter, Final Fantasy VII, Metroid, Fire Emblem, Earthbound, Castlevania, and others all because of Smash.

I freaking love video games. Iridium Iridium if you can manage to play at least the original Banjo Kazooie, you should try it out! Loads of fun. And memes.
Imagine being able to afford more than one console

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed

I'd love to do that. But I'm not made of money.

BlueMonk

Smash Champion
4chan memed boomers' definition into millennial/pre Gen Z.

Which is really dumb considering it's supposed to be people born in the 40s and 50s, but I digress.
I feel that the point of the meme is that the people on 4chan are so young that people in their 30s seem really old to them

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Watch rather then Banjo we instead get Scorpion from Mortal Kombat revealed at E3 alongside Erdrick.

How would you guys react to this?

Shyy_Guy595

Smash Champion
I've gotten a grand total of a few minutes into Banjo.

Not because I didn't like it but because the emulations experience wasn't great.

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
Some Dude: "TF2 is irrelevant."
Me:

"Yer like a little Scorbunny... scurryin' around, eatin' up yer poffins and berries!"
If somehow TF2 and Nintendo ever have crossover items, this has to be one of them.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
The Banjo games were great, but I do honestly believe that they're overhyped.

I'm more of a Conker dude. But Banjo would be alright.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Some of it is gold. I stole this from the Banjo thread.

this is why I keep track of leak threads.

One because it’s nice to have the info to go back to if it’s real.

And 2 it always has some of the funniest things you can read

Wyoming

Connery, Sean
Switch FC
7748-5364-3982
Kind of hoping we get another leak that gains ground. With 4 days to go it will get crazy out there.

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
Smash speculation brings out the hypocrisy and smugness in all of us, especially 4chan.

Here's a post from 3 months ago: "yeah people are just crying over Steve because they didn't get the character they really wanted (banjo). I wanted geno more than cloud, but I never threw a tantrum. grow up people and accept steve now before e3"

Here's the same user today: "I feel like smashing my computer after reading all these comments. all these banjo supporters are acting like their so entitled to their crappy character and its freeaking annoying. meanwhile, steve gets laughed at for years only to be laughed at again from the jerks who were literally in the same position as us."

I never really understood why certain people are so quick to act smug and rub in the failure of not getting a character or to attack those celebrating a huge victory after a reveal trailer.

The Banjo games were great, but I do honestly believe that they're overhyped.

I'm more of a Conker dude. But Banjo would be alright.
They are, and I think people would realize that if they picked them up and played them again as adults. Kids typically overexaggerate how good things are and then they'll hold on to that memory and wind up disappointed as adults.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom