• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
I would absolutely love this. But I doubt they’ll do it.

Maxamillion Dood though. He’s almost certain of it. To the point that it’s almost uncomfortable. He’s a weird guy. He likes what he likes, but he never seems to be able to... settle?
Dude's been weirdly right about a lot of stuff. He was pretty confident in Bayo showing up back when a lot of people were so sure K.Rool, Wolf or Shovel Knight were gonna make it. Granted that was because they thought ZSS' black alt was a Bayo reference and not a Super Metroid one. And he guessed Ken a bit earlier than a lot of people too. Same with Kenny guessing stuff for MK11 right.

Hey, if I'm lucky maybe his random hopes of either Mega Man X or Protoman can come true one day. That'd make me happy as hell. For me it'd be sick if Mega Man got to have two characters like SF and CV got.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Even though I've been very doubtful of a Microsoft character joining Smash for the longest time, if both Microsoft and Nintendo are willing to negotiate then that's super great. I'd totally lose my **** if we get Banjo & Kazooie (not really for Steve or Master Chief) .

Also, depending on what is revealed at E3, I might change or remove my Smash DLC wishlist that's in my signature.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Dude's been weirdly right about a lot of stuff. He was pretty confident in Bayo showing up back when a lot of people were so sure K.Rool, Wolf or Shovel Knight were gonna make it. Granted that was because they thought ZSS' black alt was a Bayo reference and not a Super Metroid one. And he guessed Ken a bit earlier than a lot of people too. Same with Kenny guessing stuff for MK11 right.

Hey, if I'm lucky maybe his random hopes of either Mega Man X or Protoman can come true one day. That'd make me happy as hell. For me it'd be sick if Mega Man got to have two characters like SF and CV got.
i mean we already got his model in the game

it'll just suck if you get :ultchrom:'d and get killed by yourself in a final smash

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed

I almost don’t want him to be right. Especially with the MK11 cycle, i’ve found him kind of rude and annoying lately.

I swear. If I hear one person complain about the missing ninjas I am gonna jumpscare the night guard.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
If I hear one person complain about the missing ninjas I am gonna jumpscare the night guard.
i like the idea of having all of the klassic costumes at least so they aren't totally deconfirmed but at least the ones that aren't in are a part of his basic moveset while the rest of the gang show up in his fatal blow.

with that said, he did miss tremor and chameleon for whatever reason

you could argue for tremor it was cause he was only a fan creation until MKX but no excuse on chameleon :secretkpop:

Last edited:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Speaking of Mortal Kombat. Do you guys think they'll reveal Spawn gameplay at Comic-Con this year? Only seems fitting given Spawn's an comic book character.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Speaking of Mortal Kombat. Do you guys think they'll reveal Spawn gameplay at Comic-Con this year? Only seems fitting given Spawn's an comic book character.
Considering Shang Tsung absolutely decimated anything that prior leak had to say, it's probable to say Spawn may not appear at all at this point.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Considering Shang Tsung absolutely decimated anything that prior leak had to say, it's probable to say Spawn may not appear at all at this point.
Spawn was already confirmed.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Spawn's already confirmed to appear in Shang Tsung's trailer. Also Shang Tsung was already in the leak I'm pretty sure.

Last edited:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
You do realize he's already been confirmed right? It was said so in Shang Tsung's trailer alongside Nightwolf, Sindel and two other guest fighters (Supposedly Terminator and Ash Williams).

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
You say that and end up with the reverse and we'll see who's using :troll: then.

View attachment 226376

But Mr. Hahn! Didn't they get absolutely rekt and deconfirmed?
Well of course they did! Thanks for adding salt to the wound.

Now excuse me while I go to the printer to, shall we say, “Make some copies”!

*runs off to cry in a corner
Also, lol that you used my actual name for this. I thought I could escape it, but alas, I could not.

Last edited:

Koopaul

Smash Champion
The Banjo games were great, but I do honestly believe that they're overhyped.

I'm more of a Conker dude. But Banjo would be alright.
It's kind of reverse for me. I think Conker is overhyped. I feel like the reason why he has his following and recognition was because of one major factor: Bad Fur Day was a Nintendo game starring a cute cartoon animal that was actually violent and raunchy. That novelty was what made the squirrel famous. And that same novelty is not something that you could ever recapture again. It worked back then but they could never make another Conker game and have it be what Bad Fur Day was because the joke is over.

Banjo on the otherhand could continue. It could have sequels and they could recapture that original joy and charm from way back when. I don't believe it is something trapped in that era like Conker is.

Don't get me wrong. I love Conker. I still play it from time to time. But I do think Conker is something that just couldn't work today.

Last edited:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Banjo on the otherhand could continue. It could have sequels and they could recapture that original joy and charm from way back when.
Damn, Koopaul's over hear showing mad disrespect to the Yooka Laylee devs. :4dk:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Spawn's already confirmed to appear in Shang Tsung's trailer. Also Shang Tsung was already in the leak I'm pretty sure.
Yeah. Shang’s trailer confirmed him, Sindel, and Nightwolf. Plus two more guests. All of them in that leak.

This confuses me. How... did you even watch the trailer? How did you come to that conclusion?

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
How... did you even watch the trailer? How did you come to that conclusion?
By stopping the trailer right about here because MK is cool but I don't actually own a pleasingly appealing to look at (AKA i dont have anything that isnt a switch) copy of MK11 so i stop where the action stops

untitled.png

Last edited:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Been looking into more of the MK situation in Japan since it came up again. MK1-MK3 were the only ones released, though Deception had a big tournament where a bunch of Japanese players fought a blind American and they got bodied by him. It's less that the series is outright "banned" but it'd take too much effort to localize it, since it's more than just dialogue that's changing but the Fatalites.

However, MK's supposedly a pretty popular game to import, and has it's fair share of fanart from Japan.

Rare Footage of Japan liking Mortal Kombat.JPG

Some dude made a video about it. But the site that hosted the original art doesn't work any more.

EDIT: MK Trilogy was also released in Japan.

i mean we already got his model in the game

it'll just suck if you get :ultchrom:'d and get killed by yourself in a final smash
If it means I get a dope character out of it, I'm all for the Looper Situation Chrom's got going on.

Last edited:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Been looking into more of the MK situation in Japan since it came up again. MK1-MK3 were the only ones released, though Deception had a big tournament where a bunch of Japanese players fought a blind American and they got bodied by him. It's less that the series is outright "banned" but it'd take too much effort to localize it, since it's more than just dialogue that's changing but the Fatalites.

However, MK's supposedly a pretty popular game to import, and has it's fair share of fanart from Japan.

Some dude made a video about it. But the site that hosted the original art doesn't work any more.
1559877220058.png

Hype to see Scorpion at E3

Last edited:

Blueant22

Smash Rookie
i like the idea of having all of the klassic costumes at least so they aren't totally deconfirmed but at least the ones that aren't in are a part of his basic moveset while the rest of the gang show up in his fatal blow.

with that said, he did miss tremor and chameleon for whatever reason

you could argue for tremor it was cause he was only a fan creation until MKX but no excuse on chameleon :secretkpop:
Actually Tremor was created for the MK Special Forces Spin-Off game, though iirc the only reason he got into X was because of a petition for him.

Last edited:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Actually Tremor was created for the MK Special Forces Spin-Off game, though iirc the only reason he got into X was because of a petituon for him.
I'm aware of that, I was talking about Pre-3D MK type of Tremor. The type they stuff through MKP and stuff as an actual FGC

I want to believe fam.

C'mon, after Mario vs Sonic, Link vs Cloud and Mega Man vs Simon vs Pit. Ryu vs Scorp is another major dream fight.
They do an MK9 with Kratos and now :ultganondorf: is a Switch exclusive DLC character in MK11.

Last edited:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
I'm aware of that, I was talking about Pre-3D MK type of Tremor. The type they stuff through MKP and stuff as an actual FGC

They do an MK9 with Kratos and now :ultganondorf: is a Switch exclusive DLC character in MK11.
At least we get an idea of Ganon's Krushing Blows then.

Ganon X-Ray.gif

Here's some perspective for ya...

That's Netflix's first logo in 1997 :yoshi:
Didn't realize you were an Archaeologist.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
At least we get an idea of Ganon's Krushing Blows then.

I mean is there anyone else more deserving?

Evil? Check.
Powerful? Check
Brutal as ****? Check
Has, in canon, killed and/or massacred without hesitation? All the checks that Nintendo's E10+ is trying to hide.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
I miss Blockbuster

Wait no I don't.

......do I?
they did video game rentals so yeah theyre kinda aight

their movie rental costs were kinda wack tho imo, i might as well buy a damn movie ticket cause they only cost like 8 bucks where i live

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
I mean is there anyone else more deserving?

Evil? Check.
Powerful? Check
Brutal as ****? Check
Has, in canon, killed and/or massacred without hesitation? All the checks that Nintendo's E10+ is trying to hide.
Why are all the pics/gifs I'm posting doubling up in quotes? Hope it doesn't slow **** down too much.

I miss Blockbuster

Wait no I don't.

......do I?
You might miss the joy of being able to rent a game for 5 bucks and not spend a good chunk of your cash on whole ass games.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
Well, bedtime for me.

I have a weird feeling something will happen tomorrow, not just because i’d love for an actual leak to like, prove something with Smash. But I just have a weird feeling.

Either that or another leaker will come forward. A hunch I guess, and not my uneven back muscles either.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
Well, bedtime for me.

I have a weird feeling something will happen tomorrow, not just because i’d love for an actual leak to like, prove something with Smash. But I just have a weird feeling.

Either that or another leaker will come forward. A hunch I guess, and not my uneven back muscles either.
Tomorrow, Banjo-Kazooie's and Erdrick's renders are gonna leak, and then people will debate over them like they did with Ken.

Don't screencap this.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Tomorrow, Banjo-Kazooie's and Erdrick's renders are gonna leak, and then people will debate over them like they did with Ken.

Don't screencap this.
Imagine if one of them leaked but another leak was of another totally not speculated character.

That'd be some drama.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407

Don't screencap this.
screencapped

also no one ever talks about the ken leak, that was legit as hell. how did they even get that?

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
People be doubting Banjo and later his reveal comes around and Sakurai appears and be like, "Excuse me? Are you lookin' at me? Did you buy my game? Did you ask for Banjo? Did you beg for my response? And all of a sudden you're doubting me? I don't think so, not right now!--"

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom