• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
They are, and I think people would realize that if they picked them up and played them again as adults. Kids typically overexaggerate how good things are and then they'll hold on to that memory and wind up disappointed as adults.
I haven't replayed Tooie yet but so far the first game is good.

It feels easy but I know where everything is so.

edit: except the dang last four notes in Click Clock Wood, had the same problem when I was younger.

Last edited:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
I really do hope we get our Smash DLC reveal(s) this weekend during the Smash thing. I'd hate to miss out on it assuming its not revealed on the 11th and rather sometime on the 12th-13th instead.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
They are, and I think people would realize that if they picked them up and played them again as adults. Kids typically overexaggerate how good things are and then they'll hold on to that memory and wind up disappointed as adults.
I'm playing these games basically for the first time as an adult. I started playing the first one off and on starting sophomore year. And I just kind of fell in love with it. Playing these games make me feel like a little kid. Even though i have no actual nostalgia. There's just something about it.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Looks at my friend who regularly replays Banjo Kazooie and has never spoken a bad word of it.

D

Deleted member

They have their objective problems that I never really focused on as a kid, but I still go back to them every year or so and enjoy them a lot. They've aged better than most games from the same era IMO.

Potato_

Smash Lord
Banjo in smash doesn't do much for me, but it is cool that another long requested character makes it in. After the merchandise stuff a while back (with that company hinting at the Banjo revival) I had a feeling something was going on with him, but Shinobi and now Vergeben makes that feeling vindicated.

Knowing the characters ahead of time (ofc if it is Erdrick and Banjo) kinda sucks but it'll still be crazy hype.

Also Persona stuff:

Atlus is REALLY selling Kasumi (pretty sure that "KONICHI...WA" thing from today's trailer cemented her as a favorite for a lot of people) and it's making me wary. I can't shake the feeling that she's

An avatar of Yaldaboath/Some third party

and the no blood during her awakening scene further strengthened that. I could totally see them pulling a bait and switch by making her extremely popular and then having her leave the party.

imma stay with Haru tyvm

also they didn't show her codename so Countess leak lives a few more days

Last edited:

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Banjo in smash doesn't do much for me, but it is cool that another long requested character makes it in. After the merchandise stuff a while back (with that company hinting at the Banjo revival) I had a feeling something was going on with him, but Shinobi and now Vergeben makes that feeling vindicated.

Knowing the characters ahead of time (ofc if it is Erdrick and Banjo) kinda sucks but it'll still be crazy hype.

Also Persona stuff:

Atlus is REALLY selling Kasumi (pretty sure that "KONICHI...WA" thing from today's trailer cemented her as a favorite for a lot of people) and it's making me wary. I can't shake the feeling that she's

An avatar of Yaldaboath/Some third party

and the no blood during her awakening scene further strengthened that. I could totally see them pulling a bait and switch by making her extremely popular and then having her leave the party.

imma stay with Haru tyvm
Counterpoint:

She's a cute girl that's extremely marketable and thus would make no sense from a marketing standpoint to turn heel.

If she does turn out to be evil, it'll inevitably be that she'll be reformed and/or forced into her actions in the same way Marie from Persona 4 Golden was.

Because this is Atlus we're talking about here.

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
It be so cool if sword and shield got a stage for free or maybe separately in smash.

Seeing the wild as a stage with maybe interact able Pokémon would be pretty fun.

D

Deleted member

They've aged like virtually all video games. They're still good, especially from the perspective that they're from the N64 era.

KingBroly

Smash Lord
They should make Samus from Brawl (Samus & ZSS in one character) as DLC, for the laughs.

And then have even more laughs with Phoenix Wright

Wyoming

Connery, Sean
Switch FC
7748-5364-3982
They should make Samus from Brawl (Samus & ZSS in one character) as DLC, for the laughs.

And then have even more laughs with Phoenix Wright
A laugh? I'll be combusting to the merest atom.

D

Deleted member

Honestly, I pretty much stopped caring about the fighter pass as the only real request I have is Erdrick or any other DQ protag at this point and they are supposedly coming. Everything after is a cherry on top of the cake that is Ultimate.
The Banjo games were great, but I do honestly believe that they're overhyped.

I'm more of a Conker dude. But Banjo would be alright.
Agree in that they are a bit overhyped, they are good but some parts are a bit annoying(notes and Furnance in Kazooie) or gimmicky(FPS in Tooie) I prefer SM64 a lot more but can be nostalgia speaking (still need to play Conker though)

Potato_

Smash Lord
Counterpoint:

She's a cute girl that's extremely marketable and thus would make no sense from a marketing standpoint to turn heel.

If she does turn out to be evil, it'll inevitably be that she'll be reformed and/or forced into her actions in the same way Marie from Persona 4 Golden was.
That's exactly the direction I think they're gonna go. She's gonna be at odds with Joker at some point and inevitably be pulled back to the team in some emotional scene.

It be so cool if sword and shield got a stage for free or maybe separately in smash.

Seeing the wild as a stage with maybe interact able Pokémon would be pretty fun.
I'm down for any new stage, but a stage of that wild area that pans around showing all the different areas practically writes itself.

You could even have dynamaxed Pokemon duking it out in the background.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Smash speculation brings out the hypocrisy and smugness in all of us, especially 4chan.

Here's a post from 3 months ago: "yeah people are just crying over Steve because they didn't get the character they really wanted (banjo). I wanted geno more than cloud, but I never threw a tantrum. grow up people and accept steve now before e3"

Here's the same user today: "I feel like smashing my computer after reading all these comments. all these banjo supporters are acting like their so entitled to their crappy character and its freeaking annoying. meanwhile, steve gets laughed at for years only to be laughed at again from the jerks who were literally in the same position as us."

I never really understood why certain people are so quick to act smug and rub in the failure of not getting a character or to attack those celebrating a huge victory after a reveal trailer.
I try to be as humble as possible and keep my expectations low. The reasons ****** act up is because people like to put down your tastes in the first place. So some people like to put hatin ass ****** back in their place for being such downers.

Happened when Ridley was shown off after so long. Some dudes were hating for literal years so that one moment of catharsis is understandable.

Again, I try not to act like that, but I get why some people do, at least if someone's ****posting on your dude.

Depends on the game. I only played a few Mega Man games when I was younger but got more into the series as I got older. So for me, my enjoyment of the series is hardly ruled by Nostalgia. Games like Mega Man 7 and 8 aged WAAAAY better than the somewhat negative impressions of them let on. Seriously, MM7 is GOAT. MM2 is nearly perfect with only 2 real flawed bosses, that NEED specific special weapons. I think of most NES games Mega Man's aged the best, and don't get me started on MMX1-MMX4.

Or we could talk about Tekken 3 setting the standard for that series. So while T1 and T2 haven't aged the best, T3 is a near perfect game in almost every respect. One of the few 3D PS1 titles you can always expect a good time when playing.

I do think the games that have aged the worst are between some NES and N64/PS1 games, since the tech or experience just wasn't there yet. So in Banjo's case, yeah, it'll probably not be as great as some remember it, but it hardly seems like a terrible time. But I feel that also comes with setting one's expectations too. I go in with that on a lot of early 3D games because I know some **** is jank in a lot of areas.

Saikyoshi

Smash Master
NNID
KarmaPilcrow
3DS FC
0344-9771-0514
And I get another trolling infraction for being stressed out.
I'm used to staying bottled up for eternity anyway.

zeldasmash

Smash Lord
I'd have no problem with it being Banjo. Certainly better over Steve (please don't let him in as a character, Master Chief would make a lot more sense)

I'd also have no problem with them sucker punching us with someone like Dante, though.

Last edited:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Another example I think is Castlevania 2, that game didn't exactly age well, but it at least laid the foundation for the MetroidVania half of the series.

Wouldn’t MK being banned in Japan effect its chances?
Nah, more so it's lack of popularity in Japan would. A few older MK games were in Japan like MK2, but toned down the blood and turned fatalities monochrome. So the entire franchise hasn't been banned.

MK characters in Smash could easily be toned down if need be.

From a violence standpoint, Scorpion and Sub-Zero could just be as violent as they are in the Injustice series, which I'm pretty sure are T-Rated, it doesn't have a ton of blood. And visually, they can use their MK2 or MK3 designs, complete with goofy animations. While also celebrating the old-school era of the games.

It really depends on if the companies are will to work together to make them fit like with Bayo and Snake or not.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
While I could still probably construct a list of 10 characters I would want as DLC, if Banjo is really on the list I could probably live with the rest of it.

I still would love Leon or Jill, Dante, Lloyd Irving, Rex & Pyra, Crono (despite never playing Chrono Trigger)...but so many demands have been met.

I wanted Ridley and K.Rool. Practically gave up on them. Desperately missed Snake. Felt incomplete without Ice Climbers. Advocated for no cuts, got called crazy, then was completely validated.

Almost cried when I saw Ike, Cloud, and Snake get revealed in a row. Felt like it was meant for me.

Joker gets revealed, so I play Persona 5, and then realize how awesome it is, and how lucky it is to have a character from a game like that in, when it was never on my radar.

Banjo & Kazooie, the duo I played as for numerous hours when I was a child, thinking they’d never be in Smash to the point that I hardly would allow myself to believe it would happen, and now it...could be.

Smash has been a journey for me. The amount of games I played because of Smash is insane, and the game has basically made me who I am as a gamer. It’s crazy, but I really can’t think of any game that compares.

I already have plans to get Dragon Quest XI on Switch for preparation for Erdrick potentially getting in.

Also, I apologize if I made anyone feel inadequate with my comment on playing all sorts of games on different consoles. As I said, i’m fortunate to have that opportunity (I don’t spend much, except for stuff that I save for), but I would just say that if you have a chance to get any of those games on a Nintendo console or otherwise, do it. It makes Smash 10x better than it already is.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Another example I think is Castlevania 2, that game didn't exactly age well, but it at least laid the foundation for the MetroidVania half of the series.

Nah, more so it's lack of popularity in Japan would. A few older MK games were in Japan like MK2, but toned down the blood and turned fatalities monochrome. So the entire franchise hasn't been banned.

MK characters in Smash could easily be toned down if need be.

From a violence standpoint, Scorpion and Sub-Zero could just be as violent as they are in the Injustice series, which I'm pretty sure are T-Rated, it doesn't have a ton of blood. And visually, they can use their MK2 or MK3 designs, complete with goofy animations. While also celebrating the old-school era of the games.

It really depends on if the companies are will to work together to make them fit like with Bayo and Snake or not.
I would absolutely love this. But I doubt they’ll do it.

Maxamillion Dood though. He’s almost certain of it. To the point that it’s almost uncomfortable. He’s a weird guy. He likes what he likes, but he never seems to be able to... settle?

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
I'd have no problem with it being Banjo. Certainly better over Steve (please don't let him in as a character, Master Chief would make a lot more sense)

I'd also have no problem with them sucker punching us with someone like Dante, though.
Months of Banjo/Erdrick/Steve wars and shilling. Everyone's so sure it'll be them bros. Best Company Capcom brings out another Legend to STYLE on these clowns.

Dante Showtime.gif

"BLESS ME WITH YOUR GIFT OF LIGHT!.....RIGHTEOUS CAUSE ON JUDGEMENT NIGHT! FEEL THE SORROW THE LIGHT HAS SWALLOWED! FEEL THE FREEDOM LIKE NO TOMORROW!!"

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
I'm pretty sure I have a giant ass folder of Scottish pokemon meme videos and I can't share a single ****ing one of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom