• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Doesn’t mean you gotta **** it.

Take it out to dinner first, god damn.
I lost my virginity to video games.

That is the most internet thing I can think of.
This game makes me want it more and more every day. From the first reveal, I was severely let down due to the graphics not living up to my expectations.

But the more they show, the more I can see myself having a good time with this game. Sure, it may not be the home console pokemon game I dreamed of, but I'm pretty confident that it will at least be a fun addition to my future Switch library.
Good for you. I’m glad you like what you see.
I thought you didn't even like turn based RPGs.
I know. But I have loved the world and character design in Pokémon for forever. I still played through FFVII on Switch because I loved the story. I wanted to at least TRY the series instead of just liking it from the outside. Plus it would give me something to talk about here with y’all.

Last edited:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
I feel in terms of another Square reps I think Lara Croft is being slept on especially after Terry's reveal which I recall wasn't demanded that much or at least close to the likes of:ultbanjokazooie::ultkrool::ultridley::ultsimon::ultrichter:

I say this because there's a reason Terry was added. SNK's legacy in gaming and Fatal Fury/King of Fighters being the inspiration for Smash.

Lara is THE video game female protagonist and a big thing in the 90's. Something to think about I wouldn't be surprised if she's chosen as the another Square rep if they get another one beyond this pass.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
Is Sirfetch’d exclusive to Galar? The site doesn’t mention anything about Farfetch’d having a Galar form, but it does say Farfetch’d of the Galar region...

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
Here's another video for Sirfetch'd. It doesn't give too much that is new, but it showcases the new bird Knight a bit more in battle.

Also, in terms of the regional dex Escavalier is confirmed. That likely means Accelgor is also back due to their evolution method.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
I feel in terms of another Square reps I think Lara Croft is being slept on especially after Terry's reveal which I recall wasn't demanded that much or at least close to the likes of:ultbanjokazooie::ultkrool::ultridley::ultsimon::ultrichter:

I say this because there's a reason Terry was added. SNK's legacy in gaming and Fatal Fury/King of Fighters being the inspiration for Smash.

Lara is THE video game female protagonist and a big thing in the 90's. Something to think about I wouldn't be surprised if she's chosen as the another Square rep if they get another one beyond this pass.
I can kinda picture her stage but what music would she bring?

Tako Tuesday

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-0245-5753-9220
Is Sirfetch’d exclusive to Galar? The site doesn’t mention anything about Farfetch’d having a Galar form, but it does say Farfetch’d of the Galar region...
I'd hope it's not exclusive, as it seems like it could fit any region. But since it mentions galar farfetch'd, it probably is exclusive.

Last edited:

Gyrom8

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-4844-4242-3130
Who would win?

A leek-wielding duck or one horrible goose?

honk honk honk

PsySmasher

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW 8231-8239-3130
Sirfetch'd is pretty cool ngl.

Little disappointed we didn't get a little more info, but at this point they're probably just gonna hold off on a lot of info until release, so it's not super surprising.

Does it really change my opinion on Galar? No, not really. But I'm pretty happy w/ Farfetch'd finally getting an evo.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
I just want something in common with the rest of the board again.

I buy Astral Chain. Nobody else did so we can’t talk about it.

I’m interested in Luigi’s Mansion 3. But y’all haven’t really been talking about it so it’s probably not gonna be that big a splash either.

I feel alone again.
I mean Id talk about Luigis mansion but I literally have 3 other games I wanna gush about as well. No one, well, not everyone, gives a crap about Animal crossing but why should I care about those people lol

Last edited:

Tako Tuesday

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-0245-5753-9220
Whatever music she brings, just expect only 2 songs, considering which company we're dealing with here.
Who would win?

A leek-wielding duck or one horrible goose?

honk honk honk
Sirfetch'd wins by feeding the goose his leek, but sadly retires from combat afterwards. So I guess the goose wins?

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
As for Sirfetch'd, definitely using it on my team. Farfetch'd was always a Pokemon that felt like it could use an evolution and after the Spacedemo leak with Madame that desire increased even more. So it's good to see it finally getting some love.

Also, call it a hunch, but I think its Shield counterpart will be revealed in a similar manner in the near future. Dripfeeding the new Pokemon seems like something GF would do considering their more laid back reveal cycle.

Gyrom8

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-4844-4242-3130
I mean Id talk about Luigis mansion but I literally have 3 other games I wanna gush about as well. No one, well, not everyone, gives a crap about Animal crossing but why should I care about those people lol
I care about AC but there's not really that much to talk about at the mo - the last direct was just largely going over stuff that the E3 treehouse has covered

I'm probably most interested to see what they do with shops and other facilities, given that it doesn't seem there'll be a dedicated street for them

I'm also looking forward to DQXI S though my party is currently standing awkwardly outside the gate where the demo ends

Kirby Dragons

Smash Hero
I already have a planned team of Corviknight, Obstagoon, Impidimp, and probably Duralodon. The type balance there is already good, so it shouldn't matter too much who my last two mons are.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
I care about AC but there's not really that much to talk about at the mo - the last direct was just largely going over stuff that the E3 treehouse has covered

I'm probably most interested to see what they do with shops and other facilities, given that it doesn't seem there'll be a dedicated street for them

I'm also looking forward to DQXI S though my party is currently standing awkwardly outside the gate where the demo ends
Yeah, they have just been summerizing the game since there isn't much to talk about other than showing new hairstyles. What I like about being able to make your own roses you can just put anything you want on the side of them I hope. I think they did confirm that you can choose where people move in so maybe you can choose where shops go

D

Deleted member

I usually just use whoever I find cool and don't worry about types and stuff so I'll continue to do that but I really find Sirfetch'd to be cool he has that knightly personality and style that's just really cool. His design is also really decent so I'll probably use him but I dunno.

BlueMonk

Smash Champion
Sirfetch'd couldn't be revealed with anyone else because he would have completely overshadowed them

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Good question. I've only played the reboot games. I'm sure like any other character they'd fine the music for her though as I'd imagine Tomb Raider has its fair share of good music original and reboot.

The more interesting question is would they go with the original incarnation or reboot incarnation? Perhaps go with the original and have the reboot be an alt?

Last edited:

FalconFire93

Smash Lord
NNID
ZombieHunter93
3DS FC
0074-4291-3615
Switch FC
SW-5918-1380-7797
Ok, so my team in-rotation for Sword and Shield will be: Grookey, Scorbunny, or Sobble’s final evolution, Corviknight, Wooloo, Drednaw, Impadimp, Obstagoon, Charizard, Pikachu, Arcanine, Sirfetch’d, Gengar, Hitmonchan, Gyarados, Lapras, Eevee (if there’s a new evolution), Snorlax, and Lucario.

Can’t wait to use Sirfetch’d though. :grin:

D

Deleted member

and to think Sirfetch'd could've been even better
1568823462901.png

Last edited by a moderator:

Tako Tuesday

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-0245-5753-9220
As for my Sword and Shield team, I'm actually not quite sure who to pick. I've liked every design they've showed so far, but I think I need to see a few more before I decide who I want on my team.

For now, Grookey will be my starter (unless another one has a cooler evo), and Sirfetch'd will definitely be on my team. I think I might get Vikavolt as well because even though it's not new anymore, I didn't get one in Sun or Ultra Sun, even though I really like it. (Also Sun and Moon is still new in my heart.)

For the rest of teammates, like I said I'll just wait and see after more reveals.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom