• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kingslime304

Smash Lord
Please Arsene POP figure!

Help me from this twisted movie with your unique eyes!

Ehh forgot it, I don’t even have that figure.

osby

Smash Obsessed
8 Balls are the sign of the devil, didn't you see DC's Captain Marvel movie? Had it not been for the 8 Ball nothing bad would have happened
This must be the weirdest, yet the most accurate take I saw about that movie.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
In fairness, people made these exact same comments when The Lego Movie was announced.
Lots of people like Funko Pops too. Plus I've never found them ugly.

And even if you find them ugly it doesn't mean a film can't be enjoyable. Ash's Sun and Moon redesign was hideous but people were still happy he won the League.
...Perfectly valid points. I can especially agree with the second point as someone who didn't like Sun and Moon's redesign of Ash, myself. It was part of hte reason why I was reluctant to watch the season for a while. It was that, the artstyle in general, and because I was still expecting the status quo to remain the same. Then I decided to just give it a few watches, enjoyed what the episodes had to offer, the artstyle gradually grew on me (overabundance of Nightmare Faces aside) and admired the changes to the status quo, and that was before it was completely and beautifully shattered with Ash's triumph in the Pokemon League.

Still, even though they've made things like the Lego Movie turn out great, pardon me if I'm still not faithful they could possibly do anything inventive or fun with a Funko movie. If they do make something good out of it, however, I'll readily eat my words. I like being pleasantly surprised by such things.

Last edited:

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
I played a little bit of Link’s Awakening for the GB, and while I didn’t finish it, I did enjoy it. I may pick up the Switch remake.

Also, Ballad Of The Wind Fish with vocals is AMAZING.

D

Deleted member

Still, even though they've made things like hte Lego Movie turn out great, pardon me if I'm still not faithful they could possibly do anything inventive or fun with a Funko movie. If they do make something good out of it, however, I'll readily eat my words. I like being pleasantly surprised by such things.
On one hand, you get the Lego movie that capitalizes on what people enjoy about Legos.

Then on the other hand, you get the Emoji movie, which capitalizes on what people hate about modern teenage society.

Wonder where Funko will fit in.

Last edited by a moderator:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
On one hand, you get the Lego movie that capitalizes on what people enjoy about Legos.

Then on the other hand, you get the Emoji movie, which capitalizes on what people hate about modern teenage society.

Wonder where Funko will fit in.
I think a Funko movie needs to be less about the toys themselves and more about the interaction of the franchises represented by the toys.

D

Deleted member

Ya'll are not allowed to criticize movie premises when "yo what if these war ships were cute anime girls" is a thing that applies to more than one mobile game.

D

Deleted member

Ya'll are not allowed to criticize movie premises when "yo what if these war ships were cute anime girls" is a thing that applies to more than one mobile game.
That just means we get to criticize those premises harder.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ivander

Smash Legend
So this is pretty cool for Overwatch fans. Hat N' Clogs Hat N' Clogs
https://twitter.com/PlayOverwatch/status/1174020727537917953
We're getting a Lego Brick Bastion Legendary skin and the skin is free for those who do the Challenge. Pretty cool.

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
We're getting a Lego Brick Bastion Legendary skin and the skin is free for those who do the Challenge. Pretty cool.
I haven’t played this in awhile but I own the LEGO bastion. Going to definitely get this skin

PsySmasher

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW 8231-8239-3130
You'd be surprised how well some of these concepts play out.
Unknown.jpeg

But yeah, best not to judge a book by its cover.

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
https://twitter.com/PlayOverwatch/status/1174020727537917953
I NEED IT

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
So at the beginning of the year, I had a decent amount of students from my 11th grade students in my 12th grade classes this year.

Sure enough, for the last two weeks, I’ve had kids who had another teacher switch out to me class. Granted, I didn’t tell them to join my class. They just wanted their schedule changed.

Wait...this is kinda like Three Houses. All these students are joining my class...?
03378F46-EC84-43B1-8989-99A0AD92B645.jpeg

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
So at the beginning of the year, I had a decent amount of students from my 11th grade students in my 12th grade classes this year.

Sure enough, for the last two weeks, I’ve had kids who had another teacher switch out to me class. Granted, I didn’t tell them to join my class. They just wanted their schedule changed.

Wait...this is kinda like Three Houses. All these students are joining my class...?
View attachment 238555
Now take a 5 year nap and see how they're trying to kill eachother

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom