• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
I think they’re arrogant. They know they can just slap their name or Mario or Pikachu or Link or whatever on something and it will make billions. They have so much stockpiled cash that they can basically just do whatever they want. Their games have no unique personality and are only popular because of nostalgia. And their guaranteed success chokes out competition because people get mad when other people even dare to try their hands at certain genres that Nintendo have a monopoly on. They are a toxic company that needs to be knocked down so the rest of the industry can thrive.

And now you can see why I didn’t want to bring this up again. So let’s just leave this here and move on.
Something tells me this site might not be the right fit for ya

Last edited:

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
Because of the talk a while ago about a Smash Deluxe, I tried again to make a Deluxe-like cover art, with my limited capabilities, with more newcomers/DLC.

Smash Ultimate Deluxe 2.png

There's still a few things I'm not a fan of--I wanted to include as many newcomers as possible, but it does overcrowd the image, and it's tough to make cuts. Also, there are still mural images with pieces missing that makes it less than ideal, but there's not much that can be done about that. Thanks to TylerZM for the mural renders.

D

Deleted member

Major Flaming Warning
I think they’re arrogant. They know they can just slap their name or Mario or Pikachu or Link or whatever on something and it will make billions. They have so much stockpiled cash that they can basically just do whatever they want. Their games have no unique personality and are only popular because of nostalgia. And their guaranteed success chokes out competition because people get mad when other people even dare to try their hands at certain genres that Nintendo have a monopoly on. They are a toxic company that needs to be knocked down so the rest of the industry can thrive.

And now you can see why I didn’t want to bring this up again. So let’s just leave this here and move on.
They probably put more work into their games than any of the studios you think are best. There's a ****ing reason why these games sell so well. It's not because of brand recognition, it's because they're good ****ing games.
Maybe try actually thinking the next time you say something, okay?

D

Deleted member

Some of these problems have more to do with the fanbase surrounding Nintendo rather then the company themselves.

I do agree with the fact that Nintendo doesn't do that much to change games in their series, but they have improved during this generation.

Last edited by a moderator:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
How could someone sit here and say something like Animal Crossing has no personality? Does this look soulless?
1568737643769.gif

Last edited:

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
I love the games, the nostalgia, the developers at Nintendo, the Treehouse peeps, Trinen, Reggie and now Bowser. I'm not a fan of Nintendo, the company, and their business practices most of the time. That's the distinction I make.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
:ultsnake: making a bruh post?

Eh, I think his post be more "gnnnnnuhhh" posts.

Gyrom8

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-4844-4242-3130
How could someone sit here and say something like Animal Crossing has no personality? Does this look soulless?
Speaking of Animal Crossing and personality, I hope New Horizons does more to distinguish the different villagers - I get that giving each animal a completely distinct personality isn't viable when there are so many, but it's a little jarring when you have multiple villagers of the same personality type in your town, each repeating the same lines

Also make cranky villagers actually cranky again damnit

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
Anyways, in terms of Nintendo games supposedly not having personality, look at a game like Splatoon,

It's a simple premise, try to cover the area with as much of your team's color as possible.

They could've made a generic paintball style world with this, but Nintendo went the extra mile and decided to have the characters be squid hybrids in order to fit the gameplay.

Then, they built on top of that and gave it an entire aquatric life themed world and premise

If that doesn't scream personality, I don't know what does...

Last edited:

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
I don’t know what this means but I feel both invalidated and afraid.
Honestly, the only thing you should be afraid of me is the fact that I have sometime the memory of a golden fish.
already on it ok.gif

Also, I just said you were part of us, but I guess you don't like being a GaMeR?

Wyoming

Connery, Sean
Switch FC
7748-5364-3982
Nintendo were arrogant in their early days. They were the kings. Nowadays it is Sony because they are top of the industry.

Saying Nintendo games have no personality is a strange take, but I guess that depends on whether or not you consider personality to be only something that the story tells you rather than the art and expressions doing it.

Nintendo fans can be difficult. Very brand loyal, but that's not the company itself. The company gives spotlight to indies and stays true to their ethos.

If you want to bash the company, at least do it on things they are archaic on: like their anti-consumer loopholes and poor online infrastructure.

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Speaking of Animal Crossing and personality, I hope New Horizons does more to distinguish the different villagers - I get that giving each animal a completely distinct personality isn't viable when there are so many, but it's a little jarring when you have multiple villagers of the same personality type in your town, each repeating the same lines

Also make cranky villagers actually cranky again damnit
One of the things I think they do well is distinguishing each villager by looks. For
Example, there are several bears, but then there’s stitches a teddy bear which makes them stand out way more and is why they are one of my favorites.

Some villagers blend look wise but not many. Personality definitely feels a little similar between a few, like the gorilla neighbors. I tend to mix them up a bit because there’s a lot of similarities with each one opposed to differences.

I hope we can see even more personalities made, but for the most part I like what they’ve done with each neighbor. Weather or not they differentiate neighbors more probably depends on how long they’ve been making the game or how many are in it.

I hope amiibo neighbors coMe back too.

Seeing more full cranky personalities would be great. Those made for really funny conversations in the earlier titles

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Honestly, the only thing you should be afraid of me is the fact that I have sometime the memory of a golden fish.
View attachment 238533
Also, I just said you were part of us, but I guess you don't like being a GaMeR?
I said I was a woman and you responded No.

As a trans person, that’s like, one of my worst nightmares.

I don’t mind being called a gamer. But....

Last edited:

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
I said I was a woman and you responded No.

As a trans person, that’s like, one of my worst nightmares.
...I literally said you were a gamer girl in the same post you're talking about.

Beside, I was cleary joking there.

Don't take that seriously please.

Last edited:

Noipoi

Howdy!
I don’t stick with Nintendo because I’m blinded by nostalgia, I stick with Nintendo because they make good ****ing games.

Honestly implying that I’m too nostalgia driven for my own good and I couldn’t recognize a good game if it was placed in front of me is really annoying me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom