• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

Z25 Z25
Where did that Pokemon Trainer Club poll about revealing the starter evos come from? I'm not finding anything about it.

NabiscoFelt

Smash Journeyman
Clearly this means Klonoa will release on the same day as Xenoblade to copy how Katamari ****ing flopped
I will never understand the decision to release anything on the same day as Smash Ultimate, much less a fairly niche game. I'm half convinced it was intentional self sabotage.

D

Deleted member

Friendship ended with supporting Agumon for Smash
Now Klonoa is my Namco rep of choice

Noipoi

Howdy!
I just thought up a parody of “Prince Ali” from Aladdin about Mario called “Prince Mari”. But he’s just self aggrandizing because he has a massive ego.

Am I wrong in thinking that Mario has a bigger Ego than Tony Stark and Daffy Duck combined?
Eh, I think Mario’s a pretty humble guy. All things considered.

He doesn’t seem the egotistical type. That’s more Wario’s deal. Considering they’re opposites and all.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
I just thought up a parody of “Prince Ali” from Aladdin about Mario called “Prince Mari”. But he’s just self aggrandizing because he has a massive ego.

Am I wrong in thinking that Mario has a bigger Ego than Tony Stark and Daffy Duck combined?
Hopefully from the 1994 animated classic and not the lifeless soulless live-action film as with many of the others which starred an giant CGI blue smurf.

Last edited:

Noipoi

Howdy!
Hopefully from the 1994 animated classic and not the lifeless soulless live-action film which starred an giant blue smurf.
Gonna be real with you, I saw it the other day and I didn’t think it was that bad.

Not as good as the original, not by a long shot. But I thought it was alright. One of the better live action remakes. It got a couple laughs outta me, Will Smith was funny.

Ivander

Smash Legend
There was a problem fetching the tweet

KLONOAKLONOAKLONOAKLONOAKLONOAAAAAAAAA!
Splatterhouse is rather cool to see. The original games were creepy. That said, I'll wait and see what happens rather than assume they are remasters.

Last edited:

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870
Good morning. Good morning y'all.

And how is everyone doing on this fine day? :)
Doing ok. Just preparing for life things.
Eh, I think Mario’s a pretty humble guy. All things considered.

He doesn’t seem the egotistical type. That’s more Wario’s deal. Considering they’re opposites and all.
Agreed. Mario's not normally arrogant or self-centered. Granted, he's got far more confidence than his brother Luigi, but outside of that one oddly random bout of jealousy in Mario Power tennis, Mario's not one to be arrogant or egotistical on a normal basis, at least in the games.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Gonna be real with you, I saw it the other day and I didn’t think it was that bad.

Not as good as the original, not by a long shot. But I thought it was alright. One of the better live action remakes. It got a couple laughs outta me, Will Smith was funny.
And that's fine if you enjoyed it that's for you. I on the other hand prefers to stick to the animated classics.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Underwater, My Spy, Bloodshot, Godzilla vs. Kong, Scoob!, Fast and Furious 9, Wonder Woman 1984, The Jungle Cruise, Uncharted.

Next year is looking out to be as many movies to look forward to as this year was! :grin:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Then next year I have Masters of the Universe, Mortal Kombat, Fast and Furious 10, Doctor Strange 2, Jurassic World 3, The Batman (Due to Matt Reeves directing), Indiana Jones 5, The Suicide Squad (Due to James Gunn directing).

Almost just as much movies as next year.

D

Deleted member

I don't really see ego. Mario's just a dude living the life and occasionally saving the princess. RPGs typically depict him as a good role model to children and a Samaritan to everybody around him, and I rarely see him using his status as a hero to treat people as below him. He literally stops his busy schedule to go play toys with a kid in Super Mario RPG.

I think the only thing I saw that made him look like a jerk is in the sports game where he steps on Luigi's shoe when he wins a trophy. That's really it, and given how he saved his world more than one time (which is more than enough for any man), it's kind of hard to weigh that against him.

Compare that to Wario where he commits clear theft, breaking and entering, rights stealing, acts of terrorism, vandalism, disrespecting holy grounds, etc. He doesn't really benefit the bigger picture to make up for it either.

Last edited by a moderator:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
The “next year is gonna be rad!” Posts are starting

Oh good lord

2019 is almost over...
I feel the same man. I still feel this year just started and look where we are now. Probably the only thing I hate about growing up. >_<

Though on the bright side at least don't have to wait for movies and games you look forward to very long like myself with Godzilla vs. Kong currently.

Last edited:

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
Mario stepping on Luigi’s shoe is out of character for him, really.

edit: dang, just watched it, that’s a lot of jealousy. I’d say the team just handled his character badly, I’d think he’d be proud for his brother.

Last edited:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
I don't really see ego. Mario's just a dude living the life and occasionally saving the princess. RPGs typically depict him as a good role model to children and a Samaritan to everybody around him, and I rarely see him using his status as a hero to treat people as below him. He literally stops his busy schedule to go play toys with a kid in Super Mario RPG.

I think the only thing I saw that made him look like a jerk is in the sports game where he steps on Luigi's shoe when he wins a trophy. That's really it, and given how he saved his world more than one time (which is more than enough for any man), it's kind of hard to weigh that against him.

Compare that to Wario where he commits clear theft, breaking and entering, rights stealing, acts of terrorism, vandalism, disrespecting holy grounds, etc. He doesn't really benefit the bigger picture to make up for it either.
My associating Mario with Ego is probably just a reflection of my views on the company in general. I hold the same opinion about the mouse.

Ivander

Smash Legend
Doing ok. Just preparing for life things.

Agreed. Mario's not normally arrogant or self-centered. Granted, he's got far more confidence than his brother Luigi, but outside of that one oddly random bout of jealousy in Mario Power tennis, Mario's not one to be arrogant or egotistical on a normal basis, at least in the games.

Mario stepping on Luigi’s shoe is out of character for him, really.

edit: dang, just watched it, that’s a lot of jealousy. I’d say the team just handled his character badly, I’d think he’d be proud for his brother.
Has no one ever heard of Sibling Rivalry? Especially the all-in-good-humor/nature kind?

Or is no one going to question about how in Mario Party 2, Luigi suddenly got a huge ego boost and was the one after Wario to start arguing with Mario about the Land's name after he was fine with Mario Land the first time around?

The scene in Mario Power Tennis really doesn't need to be made such a big deal.

Last edited:

Gyrom8

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-4844-4242-3130
Mario might have a bit of ego but it's nothing excessive

Now Wario on the other hand ... his whole shtick is that he's a twisted version of Mario. So where Mario collects coins on the way to the Princess, for Wario, it's all about the treasure - if he happens to save a princess or a kingdom on the way, then whatever.

And while Mario goes 'it's a-me', indicating he kind of knows he's a big deal, one of Wario's lines in Mario Kart 8 is literally 'WARIO ... THE LEGEND'

wa

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
My associating Mario with Ego is probably just a reflection of my views on the company in general. I hold the same opinion about the mouse.
I mean even then, I wouldn't call Nintendo more "egotistical" than any other company. Back in the NES and SNES days when they had a ton of draconian business practices? Maybe. But from the N64 onward after so many third parties jumped ship to the PlayStation, they've mellowed out considerably.

D

Deleted member

What exactly is your opinion on Nintendo? I assume it's negative, judging from your tone.

D

Deleted member

Don’t wanna open that can of worms again. Just look back at my post history. I’ve said this stuff hundreds of times
I just looked, and you haven't mentioned it anytime in the last 3 days.(I'm not going to look thru your entire post history obviously)
It can't be that unpopular of an opinion, right?
(I mean, we are on a Nintendo-based forum, so idk)

D

Deleted member

Look all I’m sayin is I was born and raised on Nintendo and they’ve never steered me wrong.
Same here. I don't think it's an exaggeration to say that Nintendo has always, and will always, lead the gaming industry as a whole.

D

Deleted member

I just remembered the reason why I spelled my username "Bakugan2556" was to spell "BakuganBEEF"(2=B 5=E 6=F)

What's really ironic is I didn't really have any beef, so to speak, with Bakugan UNTIL the reboot.(It was just the first word that came to mind when I thought of my username)

So, I guess you could say I have Beef with Bakugan(**** I can't think of a better way to present that without it coming off as cringe. oh well.)

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
I just looked, and you haven't mentioned it anytime in the last 3 days.(I'm not going to look thru your entire post history obviously)
It can't be that unpopular of an opinion, right?
(I mean, we are on a Nintendo-based forum, so idk)
I think they’re arrogant. They know they can just slap their name or Mario or Pikachu or Link or whatever on something and it will make billions. They have so much stockpiled cash that they can basically just do whatever they want. Their games have no unique personality and are only popular because of nostalgia. And their guaranteed success chokes out competition because people get mad when other people even dare to try their hands at certain genres that Nintendo have a monopoly on. They are a toxic company that needs to be knocked down so the rest of the industry can thrive.

And now you can see why I didn’t want to bring this up again. So let’s just leave this here and move on.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Z25 Z25
Where did that Pokemon Trainer Club poll about revealing the starter evos come from? I'm not finding anything about it.
I’ve seen it in a few place, but here’s one of the videos on it:

It seems to have only been sent out to Pokémon trainer club members in Japan

D

Deleted member

I think they’re arrogant. They know they can just slap their name or Mario or Pikachu or Link or whatever on something and it will make billions. They have so much stockpiled cash that they can basically just do whatever they want. Their games have no unique personality and are only popular because of nostalgia. And their guaranteed success chokes out competition because people get mad when other people even dare to try their hands at certain genres that Nintendo have a monopoly on. They are a toxic company that needs to be knocked down so the rest of the industry can thrive.

And now you can see why I didn’t want to bring this up again. So let’s just leave this here and move on.
Oh. It really is that bad.

Umm... 1568737130899.png

Last edited by a moderator:

Noipoi

Howdy!

Oh yeah

That’s an oof

That’s a huge oof

Like everything in this post is a bruh moment.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom