• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
What's your guy's opinion on Pokemon Sword and Shield?

Personally, I'm not buying(literally)the idea that they cut the National Dex to "improve the graphics." While yes the graphics are better, The battle animations are not.
That is where I smell bull****.
Mainly because if you want to improve the graphics by cutting a large amount of content, YOU SHOULD ACTUALLY IMPROVE CRAP AND NOT JUST UPSCALE ANIMATIONS AND IMPORT THEM!
My opinion is that this debate isn’t worth having. But I probably won’t be getting it either. Nothing about it has made me actually interested in it.

Also, you know that the reason they had to cut all the Pokémon is that GameFreak doesn’t know how to code right and probably had to have three models for each mon in the game for Dynamaxing and Gigantimaxing instead of just scaling the base on in certain instances.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004

Lollipopped

Smash Lord

Personally, I'm not buying(literally)the idea that they cut the National Dex to "improve the graphics." While yes the graphics are better, The battle animations are not.
Mainly because if you want to improve the graphics by cutting a large amount of content, YOU SHOULD ACTUALLY IMPROVE CRAP AND NOT JUST UPSCALE ANIMATIONS AND IMPORT THEM!

Case in point, this comparison between Let's go and Gen 8:
I don't have much of an opinion on it, but I don't really think it looks great so far. Maybe we just haven't seen enough, but it just looks really...meh
Character designs are real good, though

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584

Case in point, this comparison between Let's go and Gen 8:
My opinion? I think the games look great. I think Game Freak did the best they could, honestly.

However, I think they bit off WAY more than they could chew. They should've did what Intelligent Systems did when they asked Koei-Tecmo for assistance on Three Houses. Especially considering I'm sure Level-5 would love to work on a Pokemon game and they're a prime candidate to help out.

Just think the game isn't as big as it could be because Game Freak tried doing it all themselves when they didn't have to.

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
My Theory Theory is still holding up strong--Sakurai does whatever the **** he wants regardless of our silly theories. Though, it did take quite a beating when Box Theory and Merchandise Theory ended up being true. Still a successful theory.

...theory...hypothesis...

Slime Master

Smash Ace
I wouldn't read too much into these remixes being taken down, Youtube has a very hands off approach to copyright claims and will just remove stuff at the first sign of trouble, so anything that happens to trigger Nintendo's bots gets taken down.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
anyways, been with Ultimate for almost a week now

still not sure who should be my base game main just yet

I've boiled it down to 4 possibilities

:ultcorrinf:,:ultzelda:,:ultinkling:, and:ultincineroar:

:ultcorrinf: is Corrin, so of course I've still got a soft spot for her. That being said I feel like she might have lost a little bit of oomph that she had back in 4. Not a real deal breaker though. Still fun regardless

:ultzelda: was the character aside from Kirby that I used the most during my WoL playthrough, and she definitely grew on me. I've prominently used Zelda in past games before and was even my main in Melee, but this is probably the best she's ever been.

Out of all the base game newcomers' movesets, :ultinkling:'s probably speaks to me the most. Refilling the ink can be a bit of a hassle sometimes, but that's not too big of a deal.

:ultincineroar: is just plan fun for me. He was one of my most anticipated base newcomers leading up to release, and having picked Litten in Sun and Moon, I definitley have a soft spot for him. That being said, he seems to be the sort of character that's better for goofing off and such. Especially with Cross Chop being such a laughably bad recovery. Still not sure how to control that dang move properly

All got their pros and cons and I don't really care about competitive viability at the end of the day, so they're all fair game in my eyes

Note that I haven't purchased the dlc just yet, so I have yet to try out :ultpiranha:,:ultjoker:,:ulthero:, or:ultbanjokazooie:. Hope to get to them at a later date

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

anyways, been with Ultimate for almost a week now

still not sure who should be my base game main just yet

I've boiled it down to 4 possibilities

:ultcorrinf:,:ultzelda:,:ultinkling:, and:ultincineroar:

:ultcorrinf: is Corrin, so of course I've still got a soft spot for her. That being said I feel like she might have lost a little bit of oomph that she had back in 4. Not a real deal breaker though. Still fun regardless

:ultzelda: was the character aside from Kirby that I used the most during my WoL playthrough, and she definitely grew on me. I've prominently used Zelda in past games before and was even my main in Melee, but this is probably the best she's ever been.

Out of all the base game newcomers' movesets, :ultinkling:'s probably speaks to me the most. Refilling the ink can be a bit of a hassle sometimes, but that's not too big of a deal.

:ultincineroar: is just plan fun for me. He was one of my most anticipated base newcomers leading up to release, and having picked Litten in Sun and Moon, I definitley have a soft spot for him. That being said, he seems to be the sort of character that's better for goofing off and such. Especially, with Cross Chop being such a laughably bad recovery

All got their pros and cons and I don't really care about competitive viability at the end of the day, so they're all fair game in my eyes
I'd say go for Inkling or Incineroar. It's your choice in the end, tho

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
I'm pretty much in the same boat. Like, turn-based RPGs start out hella fun, but I end up burning out on them and never finishing them
I just feel like I have no agency when I play them. It doesn’t feel like I’m doing anything. It feels like I’m telling the game what to do as it does everything for me.

Lollipopped

Smash Lord
I just feel like I have no agency when I play them. It doesn’t feel like I’m doing anything. It feels like I’m telling the game what to do as it does everything for me.
I can definitely see how it could feel that way.
In my case, turn based RPGs just get super repetitive. Even if the story's good, the gameplay can really get monotonous.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
My opinion? I think the games look great. I think Game Freak did the best they could, honestly.

However, I think they bit off WAY more than they could chew. They should've did what Intelligent Systems did when they asked Koei-Tecmo for assistance on Three Houses. Especially considering I'm sure Level-5 would love to work on a Pokemon game and they're a prime candidate to help out.

Just think the game isn't as big as it could be because Game Freak tried doing it all themselves when they didn't have to.
A pokemon game with animations done by Koei-Tecmo POG

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Rare might not want to handle their old properties anymore. So you outsource.

Killer Instinct (2013) was handled by Double Helix, then Iron Galaxy. And there’s little doubt in my mind that they’ll do a sequel for Scarlett.

Battletoads (2019) is being handled by DLaLa Studios. Likely do to the impressive sales of both Rare Replay and Rash as a Killer Instinct Fighter.

So when are they gonna go whole hog with this? I’d love to see what 343 industries could do with Perfect Dark, and it’s just a hunch, but I think The Coalition or even Epic Games could do Conker proud. I’m sure they’d like to play in different playgrounds after they get the obligatory Halo and Gears titles on Scarlet after all.

As for Banjo, and number of studios could take the helm on remasters or even sequels. I’d love to see Playtonic handle Banjo-KazooThree, but I don’t think they’d be keen on doing remasters. And with Banjo in Smash, you not only have a gauge for how popular the characters are, but you even have ASSETS!

But whoever gets a handle on these projects, just do something with them Microsoft! You have a beloved legacy, it’s why you bought rare in the first place. For that legacy. Stop ignoring it.

This rant brought to you by Banjo Tooie and SnakeFighter64.

Last edited:

Kingslime304

Smash Lord
Elite Smash Ganondorf make me feel weak as Banjo, since they just jump over my eggs, and attack faster.

What should I do?

Lollipopped

Smash Lord
I just found out there's a macaron-themed kart in Mario Kart Tour
It's the most blessed thing I have ever seen and now I'm even angrier that Mario Kart 9 isn't happening

D

Deleted member

it's an acronym
Square Enix
Microsoft
Atlus
SNK
H
Oh, Yeah that's just pure coincidence I doubt they're going out of their way to make the companies spell Smash.

I can't even really think of any companies that have the letter H at the start of their name besides like Hal and that's it.

Raxxel

Hipster Heavyweight Champ
NNID
RaxxelAintHappy
3DS FC
2921-9637-8816
2Pac's record company was Death Row. Recently, there was a buyout by Hasbro, and they now own the record company and Pac's music as a result. You may be asking, "Raxxel, how is this is in any way relevant to our discussion?" Simple. If we go by the acronym theory, the last fighters pass character needs their company to start with an H. Hasbro starts with an H.

https://images.complex.com/complex/...,w_720/fl_lossy,pg_1/ksihpjst147jvtxy8xn0/pac

He's in boys.

D

Deleted member

Oh, Yeah that's just pure coincidence I doubt they're going out of their way to make the companies spell Smash.

I can't even really think of any companies that have the letter H at the start of their name besides like Hal and that's it.
I literally posted Hasbro
In all seriousness, if people were to start actually considering this theory, Glover and Dee would be the top "candidates"

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666

HAL Labs?!

BANDANA DEE CONFIRMED. (Probably not, at least not part of the pass but that would be awesome)

What if it’s not the company that begins with H, though? But instead, a person within that company has a name that starts with H...?

Harada?

Bandai Namco...?

you were expecting Heihachi BUT IT WAS ACTUALLY KOS-MOS!

Cause Harada worked on Xenosaga...

K fine I’ll stop

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493

Hudson Soft, but that may just count as a Konami rep.

D

Deleted member

I literally posted Hasbro
In all seriousness, if people were to start actually considering this theory, Glover and Dee would be the top "candidates"
Glover gang rise up! We did it we won Glover gang! Seriously though Glover would be such an hilarious WTF pick I would actually like that.
Hudson Soft, but that may just count as a Konami rep.
Yeah I'm pretty sure they would count Hudson as Konami and even if they didn't the most likely Hudson rep would've been Bomberman but he's an Assist.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom