• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
Literaly, now is a good time as any for Level-5 to bring OG Layyon back

Its funny because they gave OG Layton room.to breath and the break didnt do good
That's probably because they suddenly came back abruptly with a whole new world and cast of characters and the atmosphere being changed drastically from the original series.

You see some fans now making petitions and even fan games to see the original world of the franchise come back. So might be a good time to bring the series back, although they'll probably have to reinvent the wheel though, what with the fact that the Switch doesn't quite work the same way as the original DS and 3DS did. Plus with the passing of the original puzzle master, they will have to figure out a new way to make the puzzles fun and enjoyable again.

Last edited:

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
That's probably because they suddenly came back abruptly with a whole new world and cast of characters.

You see some fans now making petitions and even fan games to see the original world of the franchise come back. So might be a good time to bring the series back, although they'll probably have to reinvent the wheel though, what with the fact that the Switch doesn't quite work the same way as the original DS and 3DS did. Plus with the passing of the original puzzle master, they will have to figure out a new way to make the puzzles fun and enjoyable again.
Wasnt PlvsAA made after he passed? If I recall, those puzzles were pretty good

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
No, he passed away about a year before Layton's Mystery Journey was first revealed if I recall.

LMJ was the first Layton game developed without Akira Tago's help.
ahhh ok. Yeah i think he just needs time. I think the puzzles in the game were good, its just no one like the "I must find my father" plot

but I never played the game so idk how the puzzles were

Last edited:

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
ahhh ok. Yeah i think he just needs time. I think the puzzles in the game were good, its just no one like the "I must find my father" plot

but I never played the game sonidk how the puzzles werr
I think the fact that they gave Layton yet another adopted child when he already had two before that they weren't really doing much with probably ticked off some fans as well. It was, a bit of a mess to say the least...

I haven't played the game myself yet, but from what I've heard, they relied a bit too much on trick questions and poorly worded puzzles or the "gotcha" type of variety, but also not really on a particularly clever way, which ends up frustrating the player more than anything, or a lot of puzzles having the same solutions, there was apparently even one that had two correct answers, but the game only accepted one of them, I've heard that their going to fix those issues with the upcoming Switch port but I guess we'll see...

You'll probably have a better experience with Katrielle and her series if you just watch the anime instead whenever that airs in the west.

Last edited:

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
I think the fact that they gave Layton yet another adopted child when he already had two before that they weren't really doing much with probably ticked off some fans as well. It was, a bit of a mess to say the least...

I haven't played the game myself yet, but from what I've heard, they relied a bit too much on trick questions and poorly worded puzzles or the "gotcha" type of variety, but also not really on a particularly clever way, which ends up frustrating the player more than anything, or a lot of puzzles having the same solutions, there was apparently even one that had two correct answers, but the game only accepted one of them, I've heard that their going to fix those issues with the upcoming Switch port but I guess we'll see...

You'll probably have a better experience with Katrielle and her series if you just watch the anime instead whenever that airs in the west.
Yeah, that anime was great, ngl, plus 2 points because Layton made a big apperence AND his best kid made a cameo at the end

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Another question:

What upcoming game are you most excited for?

MInes a weird one, as it's literally a furry visual novel(but with a twist)
The reason? Wellll.. just lookup The Pirate's Fate on Youtube. You'll figure it out.
(No but seriously The Pirate's Fate is one of the best Visual Novels I've ever "read," give it a shot)

I'll just let the video speak for itself
Don't hate me please

Last edited by a moderator:

Shyy_Guy595

Smash Champion
Well, almost done Super Metroid. Kinda cheated with the Rewind feature at times, but it's basically saving me fron dying and coming right back to the spot I'm in so it's not the biggest deal in this game.

Ridley kicked my ass and I'm tired so maybe I'll beat it tomorrow.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Closest one I can think is probably Ancestors: The Humankind Odyssey. Its out for Microsoft Windows but not yet for PS4.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
I hope Level-5 comes back to Alfendi. He deserves another game

and for thr love of god, have him and layton interact
That would be great, my number 1 wish in regards to that is, if Layton miraculously makes it into Smash, that the whole gang shows up in his Final Smash and/or Stage. That would be the dream...

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

This is an officially licensed Nintendo Product
1568473573191.png

we live in the best timeline

D

Deleted member

Starting Dragon Quest 3. My first party member is my brother's choice. Kill me

Screenshot_20190914-101548_Messages.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

R O F L

Smash Ace
Hey guys, What's your favorite music track, remix or otherwise?

Mine personally has to be Finale, from Undertale
Jib Jig by David Wise. Even outside of VGM, it's still my favorite song.
I love that song so freaking much.

Diem

Agent of Phaaze
NNID
Luminoth_Prime
Hey guys, What's your favorite music track, remix or otherwise?

Mine personally has to be Finale, from Undertale
My absolute favorite track? That's... not something I've ever thought about. Hm. Well, the past few months, I've been listening to the Metroid Prime Trilogy soundtracks a lot, and I have some favorite tracks in particular. Shame it's now hard to find good quality uploads on YouTube that aren't 30 minutes long.

I'm cheating super hard here.

Metroid Prime:
- Title Theme
- Main Theme
- Tallon Overworld Depths
- Chozo Ruins
- Magmoor Caverns
- Phendrana Drifts
- Phendrana Drifts Depths
- Sunken Orpheon
- Meta Ridley
- Metroid Prime
- Metroid Prime Essence

Metroid Prime 2:
- Title Theme
- Menu Theme
- Temple Grounds
- The Luminoth
- VS Dark Samus
- Torvus Bog
- Torvus Hydrodynamo Station
- Chykka Larva
- Sanctuary Fortress
- Quadraxis
- Emperor Ing
- Mutated Emperor Ing

Metroid Prime 3:
- Title Theme
- Bryyo
- Rundas
- SkyTown
- Space Pirate Homeworld
- Gandrayda
- Omega Ridley
- Dark Samus

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

x3 Glad you liked it, my dear friend! xD I apologize if it looks like a rough sketch! I wanted to get the idea down before my inspiration time ran out!

xD Hehehe, i was not expecting that!

^ u ^ Thanks, Taylor! I am just happy that you enjoyed it!
Haha, totally cool! Art takes time and dedication.

I always kinda freak out when I get fanart of my characters. lol

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
Another question:

The reason? Wellll.. just lookup The Pirate's Fate on Youtube. You'll figure it out.
(No but seriously The Pirate's Fate is one of the best Visual Novels I've ever "read," give it a shot)

Don't hate me please
Easily Sticky Paws. Maybe I have a bit of a bias since I voice in it, but I’m just really excited to see the finished product.

Noipoi

Howdy!
Another question:

Don't hate me please
Pokemon, no question.

There’s no series out there that makes me feel the way Pokémon does. It’s not just another game to me, it’s a part of my life.

Last edited:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Another question:

Don't hate me please

I guess the FFVII Remake. But honestly, there really hasn’t been anything for me to get legitimately excited for in a while.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom