• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

asia_catdog_blue

Smash Ace
My curiosity reacts.

What do fans want in a fighter?

Is it the moveset potential? Do you want them to fight properly and get to the point, be completely unpredictable and fight however or a mix of both?

Is it the character portrayal? Like them for who they are and how they're represented, or see how they adapt in a fighting environment?

StormC

Smash Hero
If there is another fighting game character in future DLC, I assume they will be leaked by Nintendo themselves like Ryu and Terry.

KarneraMythos

Smash Champion
If there is another fighting game character in future DLC, I assume they will be leaked by Nintendo themselves like Ryu and Terry.
If there is another fighting game character, I'd love for it to be Sol Badguy tbh. Guilty Gear in Smash would be a dream come true, and Arcsys is quite the legacy company, so it would be a huge bummer if they don't get a rep in at some point. Hell, I'll even take Ragna as a choice, just to have a Blazblue stage and music available as well.

Shyy_Guy595

Smash Champion
I like characters who have unique and interesting moves which are derivative of their abilities within their own games.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
My curiosity reacts.

Is it the moveset potential? Do you want them to fight properly and get to the point, be completely unpredictable and fight however or a mix of both?

Is it the character portrayal? Like them for who they are and how they're represented, or see how they adapt in a fighting environment?
I just want them to be good now. I dont have much of a quota that they have to completle

asia_catdog_blue

Smash Ace
I like characters who have unique and interesting moves which are derivative of their abilities within their own games.
Unique and Interesting, but Useful?

Ken try to flirt with Zelda in his trailer, even though he already has a wife.

Cleary, the Americain Flame Duo don't give a flying uppercut ****.
Or, Sakurai doesn' know they have others.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Banjo and Kazooie's classic mode: Perfect Partners.

Not present Mario & Luigi or Villager & Isabelle.

All reported to say "Are we a joke to you?"

Noipoi

Howdy!
Banjo and Kazooie's classic mode: Perfect Partners.

Not present Mario & Luigi or Villager & Isabelle.

All reported to say "Are we a joke to you?"
Luigi has some very slight resentment towards his brother.

Isabelle does not approve of her mayor’s Friday night murder fiestas.

Therefore, they’re not completely perfect partners.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
My curiosity reacts.

I need 2 major things. I need the character to feel satisfying to play, I decided to main Ike in Brawl despite not knowing Fire Emblem back in the day because no other character gave me the feeling of satisfaction more than this dude swinging his big ass sword around with the appropriately chunky sound effects. I also need the character to feel right, when I first tried Ridley at Gamescon over a year ago he instantly clicked, I felt like I was fully in control of what I was fully in control. With Incineroar, I felt the same thing. With a character like Little Mac? I felt that I wasn't losing due to my own mistakes or my opponent being more skilled than me, I felt "This character is to blame". I regularly play characters with bad to awful disadvantage states yet when I'm in disadvantage with Ridley, I don't feel "God Ridley is really holding me back" but rather "Damn, didn't try hard enough, now I have to face the consequences". There's also the level of finesse, I find Joker and Ken fun but I don't really know what the hell I'm doing if I play them despite playing Ryu often in 4, so I prefer skill floors to not be high

StormC

Smash Hero
I was kinda disappointed Banjo & Kazooie's wrestling title is just "laid-back animals."

"Bear And Bird" was so obvious.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Unique and Interesting, but Useful?

Or, Sakurai doesn' know they have others.
Nah, Peach try to flirt with Link in some Smash 4 screenshot & trailers, with Zelda being upset by it, so it's definitly intentional.

Captain Shwampy

Smash Master
originalzero-cloak.gif
originalzero-cp1.gif

Look at that beautiful cape animation

B Jenet removing her heels and beating the **** out of the opponents with it is one of my fav super moves in Garou
animation-jenet.gif

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Fun fact, I speedrun 2D Sonic games in my freetime. Or moreso, speedrun levels, sometimes the game.

I was actually top 50 in Sonic Mania's Stardust Speedway for a while, but they purged the leaderboards with Plus.

GhostM

Phantom
Now that I think about it, I feel like I’m still too young to even be taking Smash to a competitive level. Most people I see are around 19+ and I’m over here like, “eyyy dude, still not an adult yet.” Don’t know why this is bothering me so much, considering the fact that there’s people who play who are even younger than I am.

Skyline1992

Smash Apprentice
You know whats sad? Despite everything that transpired yesterday, despite all the hard work Sakurai is doing, theres still going to be people out there that are going to ***** and moan.

Ivander

Smash Legend
Because of this image.

I'm going to ship Terry & Samus and none of you are going to stop me.

Also Diddy & Terry are best buddy and Sans is here I guess.
I mean, isn't Terry in SNK Heroines just simply Samus in his outfit?

Which would make it all the more hilarious and surreal if Terry gets his Midnight Bliss form as an alternate costume and people start pairing that with Samus.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
Interesting tidbit, but I had two of my seniors come up to me today to say, “MR. HAHN! DID YOU SEE??? TERRY BOGARD IN SMASH”.

I didn’t think my students would be so hyped. But they were.

Buffalo Soldier

Smash Apprentice
So how'd you rank the confirmed DLC characters personally now that Terry joins the group?

5. :ultjoker:
4. :ulthero:
3. :ult_terry:
2. :ultpiranha:
1. :ultbanjokazooie:
1. :ultbanjokazooie: And not even close
2. :ultpiranha: I've found him to be quite fun and charming, and Sakurai was right, everyone knows who he is.
3. :ultjoker: Got me interested in Persona, which I haven't picked up yet but do love the music for.
4. :ulthero: Not huge into JRPGs or more sword fighters, but a unique setup and a series that probably should be represented.
5. Terry: Meh. Nothing about him is the slightest bit interesting to me. If we didn't get the announcement of more coming I would be a tad disappointed, but I think they added in that info because that figured that might be the case for a lot of people.

I've been overall solid with the fighters pass, but not enthused. Don't regret buying it though, because I'm the type of person that needs every character available in the game. I'd say the Sans stuff has been more interesting to me than Hero or Terry.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
I mean, isn't Terry in SNK Heroines just simply Samus in his outfit?

Which would make it all the more hilarious and surreal if Terry gets his Midnight Bliss form as an alternate costume and people start pairing that with Samus.
I don't know if I should support this or try to act like I seen nothing.

D

Deleted member

My curiosity reacts.

Moveset Potential. I want a character that does something others have not, a good way to do this is for the character to be a unique shape, so not humanoid. Piranha Plant does this well, and it's why a want a car to playable.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
You know whats sad? Despite everything that transpired yesterday, despite all the hard work Sakurai is doing, theres still going to be people out there that are going to ***** and moan.
I feel like that's the case for every content creator, or any person doing a job, no matter how well they do. You can't please everyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom