• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shyy_Guy595

Smash Champion
There's frankly too many third party characters out there for Sakurai to feasibly make everyone happy. I get the sentiment of having as many franchises as possible to appeaae the most fans, but there's only like a few characters from 1st party that people feel are glaringly omitted. It'd be easier to satisfy them and then bring in the popular picks from 3rd party to truly satisfy the most people.

But then I suppose I can see how the Fighters Pass kinda kept our focus on 3rd party and deviating fron that could upset some people... but it's ****ing Smash. It is Nintendo's property first and foremost. If people are upset by a 1st party character being among the 3rd party characters in DLC then clearly some priorities need to be checked.

MSmariosonic

Smash Hero
NNID
kidtendo1996
3DS FC
3566-1932-7732
Switch FC
SW 0383 4539 4118
Ehhhh, my point was more "It's not really fair to put Terry on a ranking with characters with full movesets and details available" regardless if you liked him. There's a reason he's gotten overshadowed quite a bit
Fair enough

Though it'll be a long time before we can do an actual complete ranking of all the dlc that's going to release for Ultimate

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Fair enough

Though it'll be a long time before we can do an actual complete ranking of all the dlc that's going to release for Ultimate
Oh I agree, my issue was solely including a character who only showed 2 attacks
He can confirm a fair off of a Grenade Egg or an upsmash out of a dthrow but Wonderwing is honestly one of his best options for it. Can catch spotdodges and rolls, can be used to tech chase, can 2frame, deals 25% or so and is fully invincible against anything that isn't a grab. Maybe things will change but so far Wonderwing and Grenade Egg look to be the standouts of his moveset.
Grenade Egg is good? I heard people blast it due to the fact that it goes behind Banjo hindering it. Then again it's literally day 1 so we'll need to wait like, a month

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
I just fought a Snake and threw a grenade at him with Banjo Kazooie and I think we both had to pause and just stop and think about how utterly silly and amazing of a concept of what just had occurred.

Smash in a nutshell.

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
We live in a world where the Dragon Quest 8 Hero can ally himself with Banjo-Kazooie, Ridley, and Isabelle against Joker, King K. Rool, Terry Bogard, and Cloud Strife, while Shovel Knight and a Rathalos can duke it out and Megalovania plays in the background...

Holy ****.

Last edited:

MSmariosonic

Smash Hero
NNID
kidtendo1996
3DS FC
3566-1932-7732
Switch FC
SW 0383 4539 4118
I gimped some poor souls with the neutral B today. I can't believe how accidental one of those gimps was when the egg bounced of the side of the stage on to an edgeguarding Ganondorf while I was recovering. It's like a reverse gimp, right?

NurpNurp

Smash Journeyman
So how'd you rank the confirmed DLC characters personally now that Terry joins the group?

5. :ultjoker:
4. :ulthero:
3. :ult_terry:
2. :ultpiranha:
1. :ultbanjokazooie:
Speaking solely in terms of my hype towards them

:ultjoker:
:ult_terry:
:ultbanjokazooie:
:ulthero:
:ultpiranha:

No shade to any of them, but personally there has not been a single reveal in smash history that gave me such a pure emotional reaction as Joker did

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Holy **** guys I was joking, why is this real.:nessecho:

Also, can we talk quickly about that remix of Mad Monster Mansion? 'cuz it's one hell of a banger.

D

Deleted member

Grenade Egg is good? I heard people blast it due to the fact that it goes behind Banjo hindering it. Then again it's literally day 1 so we'll need to wait like, a month
If you use it midair you can drift backwards and catch it with an air dodge as soon as the animation for the move finishes. You can get combos and the aforementioned kill confirms off of it and it also sets up some nasty ledge traps. Early tournament footage has people using it a lot.
It also ledge snaps for some reason.

Last edited by a moderator:

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
Went and picked up The King of Fighters '98 as yesterday got me curious. :ult_terry:

Of course I suck at it. :p
I'm complete garbage at every SNK fighting game.

The awesome sprite work and music of the older games keeps me coming back to them, tho.

R O F L

Smash Ace
Do y'all think there's a chance we get more echos now that there are characters outside of the fighter's pass?
And what about Stages? There's a extra space in the stage selection screen that could potentially be used as a "next page" button,, but in training mode that spot is used up for the training stage.

So how'd you rank the confirmed DLC characters personally now that Terry joins the group?

5. :ultjoker:
4. :ulthero:
3. :ult_terry:
2. :ultpiranha:
1. :ultbanjokazooie:

4.:ulthero:
3.:ultjoker:
2.:ultpiranha:
1.:ultbanjokazooie:

I have no idea where to put Terry, I have no hype for the character himself.
I'll have the wait and see how he plays.

StormC

Smash Hero
Out of my top 10 favorite newcomers, 4 have been from Brawl, 4 have been from Ultimate, and 2 have been from 3DS/Wii U.

1. :ultkrool:
2. :ultcloud:
3. :ultbanjokazooie:
4. :ultmegaman:
5. :ultdiddy:
6. :ultkingdedede:
7. :ultridley:
8. :ultmetaknight:
9. :ultsonic:
10. :ultjoker:

Banjo would probably be above Cloud if it wasn't for special circumstances (Cloud was basically a life-saving rope of hype after K. Rool's deconfirmation and being generally lukewarm to the Smash 4 roster). But it's very close, especially when you consider all the Banjo content... and all the not-FF content.

Captain Shwampy

Smash Master
Terry literally only showed 2 moves, there's **** all to get excited about gameplay wise, he's literally only got his SNK legacy to judge him by as we didn't even see the stage properly and I doubt that the opening theme will be a song in the game
Yea but goddamn is his render good. Specifically his anatomy is just so appealing.

SNK designs should translate well into 3D like this more often. Of course nothing will beat The amount detail they put into the sprite work.

StormC

Smash Hero
I just fought a Snake and threw a grenade at him with Banjo Kazooie and I think we both had to pause and just stop and think about how utterly silly and amazing of a concept of what just had occurred.

Smash in a nutshell.
Someone who's been in a coma since 2017: Hey, so I heard there's a new Smash game? Who's in it?

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
I just started a match where I'm playing as Piranha Plant against Ridley, Snake, Cloud, Bayonetta, Banjo and Kazooie, Sans, and the Hero from Dragon Quest 8, on Wuhu Island while Megalovania is playing in the background. I had to pause it because the entire thing felt so surreal.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Because of this image.

I'm going to ship Terry & Samus and none of you are going to stop me.

Also Diddy & Terry are best buddy and Sans is here I guess.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
That's not really an issue if you just turn around before using it, which is pretty easy if you're on the ground. The only time you might have a difficult time changing the direction you're facing is if you're in the air in disadvantage, but that's not really when you'd want to use that move anyway.

I like it as a ledge trapping move. The way it bounces makes me think of Dedede's gordos.

StormC

Smash Hero
Terry's model looks great, which is funny because in Smash 4 I always thought Ryu looked... off. I wasn't sure if it was the colors or what, but he felt kind of out of place in that game.

Ryu looks better in Ultimate, though.

KarneraMythos

Smash Champion
If all this extra DLC actually means a Season 2's worth of characters, you know what we're doing.

We repping the Maverick Hunters. We become World Warriors. We fighting to get back the Zaibatsu. We're becoming to the Masters of Unlocking. WE RIP. WE TEAR. WE IZUNA DROP!!!

Will I get any more of the sick characters I like? Only the X-Busters in our hands knows.

The Wild Ride never ends.

View attachment 236910

Let's get it.
If X were to make it somehow, he might just knock Mega Man down a peg in terms of Mains, but please Knight Dude.

Don't do that. Don't give me hope.

>DMC3 fans begging Capcom to port over DMC3.jpg
It seems like we're headed down that road if they're ballsy enough to include DMC2 as a title.

Can I even survive another 9 months of dlc speculation?

Eventually I think I’m just gonna have to tap out, for my own sanity lmao
The memes will Noi-ver die...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom