• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

PsySmasher

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW 8231-8239-3130
People would at least finally get their female DLC character they wanted. So ty'll could finally shut up now not that it mattered anyways...

*Cough*Kazooie
You know, some people want female characters because you know... they think they’d be cool to have in Smash.

It’s not just a gender thing.

I primarily have female characters as my most wanted and that’s only because most of the male ones are already in.

Remember when a good bunch of us went into the last September direct pretty sure that Isaac was going to be announced, because apparently leaks?

I’m not saying the same thing will happen to Terry, because it’s definitely going to be an SNK character, and Terry is being backed by Verge as far as I know, but I wouldn’t be surprised if it ends up being another SNK character.
Pretty much my thought too.

It’s obviously SNK due to the copyright and Terry is the obvious choice in that regard, but I am not fully convinced just yet.

And while I am slightly more inclined to believe Verge this time, I still don’t trust leakers that much in general.

Last edited:

FalconFire93

Smash Lord
NNID
ZombieHunter93
3DS FC
0074-4291-3615
Switch FC
SW-5918-1380-7797
Well, with all the great new games coming out soon, I figured this GIF is an accurate representation of me (probably even more so after today’s Direct):

CCBBA3FD-1946-4AAA-BBE3-A06E109B266F.gif

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Genuinely do not believe a single leaked presentation list was ever correct. Yet people continue to do them!
There has been only one instance of a direct presentation list being real. I do t have the source because I don’t even remember what direct it was.

But someone on 4chan one time upload an image of folders named after every item in the direct. It was on such an old computer too and you could see each folder had videos.

That was the only time a full list has leaked though

SnakeFighter64

Pranked!
There has been only one instance of a direct presentation list being real. I do t have the source because I don’t even remember what direct it was.

But someone on 4chan one time upload an image of folders named after every item in the direct. It was on such an old computer too and you could see each folder had videos.

That was the only time a full list has leaked though
Wait. The whole Direct was “leaked”? THAT’S what you guys are fighting over? Come on, people! We’re better than this!

D

Deleted member

People would at least finally get their female DLC character they wanted. So ty'll could finally shut up now not that it mattered anyways...

*Cough*Kazooie
Me: "Would be funny if Tracer happened"
You: "I hope people stop ******** about female representation when it doesn't matter and we have the half-character Kazooie already"

RandomAce

Smash Champion
Alright, so before the Direct comes up and whether or not the leaks are true, I want to take this off my chest as the rumors seem to be pointing to Terry as the next challenger. I’m not really keen on Terry, mostly because, he’s always been more of a basic character, both fundamentally and aesthetically. Let me explain:

In Fatal Fury and King of Fighters, Terry is more or less your beginner character. Similar to Ryu/Ken (which I feel is why people compare them to Terry aside from the looks), his moveset is there to help show the fundamentals of the game and doesn’t do anything too flashy aside from his supers to make it easier for players to understand how his moves work. This also bleeds into his more simple design, he’s more or less your standard strong blond guy with an outgoing yet serious personality but he does have an over arching story that shows some growth as the years pass by. However, this is my main gripe when it comes to him possibly being in Smash...

...for me Terry just doesn’t bring much new in terms of moveset and aesthetic. From what I said before, he’s generally a pretty basic character, and aside from his standard energy blasts, his move-set mostly consists of standard fundamental punches and kicks with his special moves having a bit of extra flare, and aesthetically there just isn’t much to his standard design. Sure he will have different moves and all, but they just wouldn’t really have a style that’s really different.

I’ll admit I am slightly biased for Kyo to get in Smash, but as an SNK fan whose played a ton of their games and learned a ton about their characters, there’s just a ton of popular and unique characters with different backgrounds, backstories, and fighting styles. Ninjas, Wrestlers, Crime Syndicates, Samurais, Nunchuck wielders, Girls with Mystical Powers, wielders of nearly millennium long lineages, a guy who fights with a deck of cards, a guy whose moveset is based entirely around Tetsuo from Akira (literally), the SNK cast is extremely diverse and I’m not even close to naming everything. However, this makes Terry just less interesting in comparison due to the characters SNK could pull from that are also popular and different considering he’s apart of the same roster as many of those characters.

When it comes to SNK and their characters, the truth is, SNK is niche. As of now, the only places where it really strives are China and Mexico/South America. If Terry and SNK were more well known I may have been more lineant, but I really want them to go something that’s just more unique to them. Do I dislike Terry? No I think he’s fine, and I love Garou: Mark of the Wolves Terry because he has more unique, like able design and the game is a visual masterpiece giving Terry’s moves tons of extra flare. But, I would rather want someone like Kyo, or Rock Howard, who I feel has some of that extra flare in their design and move set that makes them stand out more and also still reasonable to add from SNK.

Sorry for venting a bit, but I wanted to just fully share my thoughts in a way that isn’t insulting unlike some of the other posts against Terry.

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
Should I record a live direct reaction? I really wanted to do it for E3 but tech issues and depression bungled it up. Should I try again?
Why not?

Just make sure that you scream at every little thing that Nintendo announces and you're golden.

SnakeFighter64

Pranked!
Alright, so before the Direct comes up and whether or not the leaks are true, I want to take this off my chest as the rumors seem to be pointing to Terry as the next challenger. I’m not really keen on Terry, mostly because, he’s always been more of a basic character, both fundamentally and aesthetically. Let me explain:

In Fatal Fury and King of Fighters, Terry is more or less your beginner character. Similar to Ryu/Ken (which I feel is why people compare them to Terry aside from the looks), his moveset is there to help show the fundamentals of the game and doesn’t do anything too flashy aside from his supers to make it easier for players to understand how his moves work. This also bleeds into his more simple design, he’s more or less your standard strong blond guy with an outgoing yet serious personality but he does have an over arching story that shows some growth as the years pass by. However, this is my main gripe when it comes to him possibly being in Smash...

...for me Terry just doesn’t bring much new in terms of moveset and aesthetic. From what I said before, he’s generally a pretty basic character, and aside from his standard energy blasts, his move-set mostly consists of standard fundamental punches and kicks with his special moves having a bit of extra flare, and aesthetically there just isn’t much to his standard design. Sure he will have different moves and all, but they just wouldn’t really have a style that’s really different.

I’ll admit I am slightly biased for Kyo to get in Smash, but as an SNK fan whose played a ton of their games and learned a ton about their characters, there’s just a ton of popular and unique characters with different backgrounds, backstories, and fighting styles. Ninjas, Wrestlers, Crime Syndicates, Samurais, Nunchuck wielders, Girls with Mystical Powers, wielders of nearly millennium long lineages, a guy who fights with a deck of cards, a guy whose moveset is based entirely around Tetsuo from Akira (literally), the SNK cast is extremely diverse and I’m not even close to naming everything. However, this makes Terry just less interesting in comparison due to the characters SNK could pull from that are also popular and different considering he’s apart of the same roster as many of those characters.

When it comes to SNK and their characters, the truth is, SNK is niche. As of now, the only places where it really strives are China and Mexico/South America. If Terry and SNK were more well known I may have been more lineant, but I really want them to go something that’s just more unique to them. Do I dislike Terry? No I think he’s fine, and I love Garou: Mark of the Wolves Terry because he has more unique, like able design and the game is a visual masterpiece giving Terry’s moves tons of extra flare. But, I would rather want someone like Kyo, or Rock Howard, who I feel has some of that extra flare in their design and move set that makes them stand out more and also still reasonable to add from SNK.

Sorry for venting a bit, but I wanted to just fully share my thoughts in a way that isn’t insulting unlike some of the other posts against Terry.
Hmm... Regular Terry, Gaurou Terry, and Terri.... I want all three of these to be in Smash. Is there a fourth alt he could have?

Last edited:

Rangez

Dimensional Dile-Up
So, what are everyone's plans for killing time until the Direct begins?, I'm thinking of playing more of Pokemon Silver in the meantime.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Me: "Would be funny if Tracer happened"
You: "I hope people stop ******** about female representation when it doesn't matter and we have the half-character Kazooie already"
Shut up Shish you got a weaponized bird that doesn't even wear clothes. When will the evil feminists learn that we have enough female characters?!

:p

D

Deleted member

If Crash happened to be Fighter 5, I would find it dope if they made Coco and Fake Crash alts if we don’t get an echo fighter pass.

Coco is a general fan-favourite and Fake Crash is the most popular character of the series in Japan, so both could justify a minor Hero scenario with the character’s alts.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
So, what are everyone's plans for killing time until the Direct begins?, I'm thinking of playing more of Pokemon Silver in the meantime.
I'm going to play the remastered version of Spyro 1. I've never played any games in the series before, but I'm enjoying it. My only concern is tracking down the gems in each level. (I'm missing eight in the first level, and even though I'm pretty sure I've explored it thoroughly, I have no idea where they would be)

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238

I don't know much about SNK or any of their characters, so I'll give Terry the benefit of the doubt for now.

Still, I'm worried. The characters we've gotten so far haven't been as unique as what I've been craving. I'm waiting for that one addition who can feel really different without the help of a special gimmick fleshing out their moveset. Someone with specials and Smash attacks that are nothing like the rest of the roster.

I'm hoping I'm right about Terry and he'll take me by suprise, but if he ends up being Ryu/Ken with a power meter gimmick, I'll be disappointed.

D

Deleted member

The way I see it, Kazooie wants to end her life to escape from the world of Banjo and live at peace, so she accepts any kind of harm to do so.

Something I would find as a pipe dream reveal for tonight would be a new 2D Metroid by Mercury Steam. That would be the peak of the Direct for me alongside the potential collector’s edition of DQXI S.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom