• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
the collective smash community when it turns out SNK actually was a mistake and it's edelgard instead

1567598774092.png

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
Here's a fun topic:
What games do you want revealed at Nintendo's direct today?
Metroid 5
Xenoblade Warriors/Hyrule Warriors 2/FE Warriors 2
Killer Instinct port
Wonderful 101 port
TMS#FE port
F-Zero GX remaster
Wario Land/Wario World

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Here's a fun topic:
What games do you want revealed at Nintendo's direct today?
I just want some Bayonetta 3 news. It's been almost two whole years with nothing but a teaser trailer... (I know that's nothing compared to Pikmin 4 or Duke Nukem Forever, but it feels like ages)

Gyrom8

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-4844-4242-3130
I mean let's be real here, the bulk of the reason is why it's reasonable to expect Terry is cos Nintendo did a whoopsie not necessarily cos of Verge - yeah, he's got a good Smash record, but his statement just seems like a stamp of approval at this point

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
FE fans be like
MARVEL AT OUR STRATEGY
so you see, professor, it was actually quite simple.

all we did was 'accidentally' place the SNK copyright on the page for challenger pack 4, riling the fans up into a state of intense speculation. the leakers, though confused at this contradiction after hearing 'edelgard' (that's 'lady edelgard' to them) so frequently, could not deny such irrefutable evidence, and so hedged their bets on the most 'likely' SNK rep--one 'terry bogard', or some such. their minds were set; it was obvious that terry would be next, for nintendo themselves had given them the proof.

but therein lies the catch, professor. there was no nintendo--just me.

and lady edelgard's secrecy is all but assured.

1567599154461.png

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
I still think a spear user in Smash would be pretty sick, especially you can't handle a speak like a sword, contrary to say, a axe (not to say axe handle exactly like swords, but it's close at time)

Clau-I mean, a character using only a bow as his main weapon would also be pretty interesting too...or be a lame zoning character, but hey, you can't make a cake, without breaking a few eggs.

Wunderwaft

Smash Master
I still think a spear user in Smash would be pretty sick, especially you can't handle a speak like a sword, contrary to say, a axe (not to say axe handle exactly like swords, but it's close at time)

Clau-I mean, a character using only a bow as his main weapon would also be pretty interesting too...or be a lame zoning character, but hey, you can't make a cake, without breaking a few eggs.
So basically Dimitri for Smash right?

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
Has there been any further Direct leaks outside of Terry for Smash?
other than a few vague hints here and there (wii u rerelease, gamecube remake/release, etc.), no

tbh it's one of the things keeping me 5% skeptical about terry still

D

Deleted member

I can believe Terry is in but I don't bekieve the 4chan leak trailer tbh.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
I kinda have secret hopes that they've kept #5 well hidden and they're both getting revealed today.

Because part of me doesn't expect Banjo to get a detailed little ''This is how they play!" in the middle of a direct.

D

Deleted member

I’m currently making progress in my PS4 copy of Spyro Reignited Trilogy while I kill some time until the Direct.

So far I’m doing well in the first game.

Sometime later I will also farm Wumpa Coins and Nitro in CTR NF.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Also, I'm seeing this on Twitter on how the fighyer pass disregards relevancy, and thay's like, not true?

I mean, tbh the only irrelevant one is Banjo, but he got in due to fan requests up the Kazooie. Hero and Joker are getting new games very soon, and SNK still makes games to this day, even if KoF isn't a household name to this day.

D

Deleted member

Also, I'm seeing this on Twitter on how the fighyer pass disregards relevancy, and thay's like, not true?

I mean, tbh the only irrelevant one is Banjo, but he got in due to fan requests up the Kazooie. Hero and Joker are getting new games very soon, and SNK still makes games to this day, even if KoF isn't a household name to this day.
Some people sadly tend to think that something is irrevelant when they don’t know anything about it.

SnakeFighter64

Pranked!

If they want “relevancy” then who do they mean? Steve? Jonsey? John Cyberpunk?

Although, Dark Souls would be a very relevant modern gaming addition.

D

Deleted member

Something that has been getting annoying for a good number of people including myself around Discord are the people who see Terry as nothing more than a Ken semi clone with a hat.

Not only does Terry have a completely different moveset that should basically deny that statement, but at the same time it is an “argument” I have heard way too many times in the past for most of the characters I wanted:

“Ridley is boring! He would be Charizard but purple!”
“K.Rool is too lacking! He would be Bowser without the fire!”
“Erdrick or any of the Dragon Quest heroes are boring as freaking hell! They would have a counter and sword moves taken from Marth, but now with Dragon Ball added to the mix!”
“Crash? He’s just freaking Banjo with Incineroar’s spin! He totally doesn’t have anything else!”

I heard statements such as these from way too many years, and it is getting boring.

SnakeFighter64

Pranked!
A little insight from Arlo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom