• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shadowwolflink

Smash Master
I do wonder actually
what they could possibly have left to talk about concerning Luigi's Mansion, especially since it's "headlining" the direct alongside SW/SH
they already revealed that each floor are individual levels of their own, unique boss ghosts are back, campaign has co-op, *online 8 player raid mode*
honestly, unless they have a new amiibo to throw at us, I can't think of any other big surprises they got under their sleeves
Oh god, please give me Luigi's Mansion amiibo! Luigi with the Poltergust, Polterpup, and King Boo would be excellent.

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
I'm fine with how the various games have been represented with Banjo & Kazooie--mostly from the first, some from the second, very minimal references to Nuts & Bolts (and I like where they chose to reference it--nothing crazy like a car-based move). I'd say I only wish Tooie gets some more references--it's weird to only have blue and grenade eggs. Would be nice to have fire, ice, and clockwork Kazooie eggs. Though, what I would fear would be a random egg type mechanic--I much prefer different moves having different egg types that the trailer sort of implied (but didn't outright confirm yet). It's hard to think of ways to include them while always knowing which type you're going to use, like in the games.

Likewise it feels weird having golden feathers without red feathers--I could see getting extra smaller flaps after their double jump per red feather--but since we didn't see it in their trailer, I don't think we'll see them (and faithfully adapting them would just break the game). Other than that, their moves are well represented. Glad they went with an upgraded version of B-K Spiral Mountain, with some upgrades from Nuts & Bolts, and the characters being in their original forms. It's how I remember them the most (it's always weird playing Tooie with skeleton Grunty). I don't need to see Jam Jars or Humba Wumba in the stage as they are really variations on the original characters, and I prefer the originals. They'd be more suited for Spirits, as has been said. And, to me, the music is the important thing, as that is one of the most iconic aspects of Banjo-Kazooie, and they already did a great job by giving Grant the honor to re-mix a song of his. Not quite how I expected, and in many ways better than I expected, and I can't wait to see more.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Honestly though

I'm kinda having a hard time imagining Terry's trailer NOT being a continuation of Ken and Incin's.

Like, Terry's a brawler with explosive punches.... Seems like it would be weird as hell to NOT include those.
It's one of those things that makes so much sense that if the trailer comes out like that, I still won't be 100% aboard believing the Terry/Hayabusa rumor.

It'll certainly increase its chances, sure, but it wouldn't be definitive proof.

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
Speaking of Tooie....

They reference a couple of the moves but the Tooie references in Smash so far besides that are pretty slim, huh?

We've seen Grunty, Mumbo and Bottles as NPCs, but no Jamjars or Humba Wumba.
smash fans asked for banjo & kazooie, not banjo & tooie

Shroob

Sup?
13 hours.

An unlucky number.

Grab your rabbit's foot, horseshoes and 4 leaf clover and pray.

Tomorrow's gonna be REAL messy regardless of what happens, but hopefully it's messy for the best case scenario,

Last edited:

TechPowah

Smash Ace
Switch FC
1951-3245-1423
I personally am super happy and cool with Terry being in, as i'll admit he kinda should be first anyway due to being the company boi
it's just that I also would prefer it to be some other series like SamSho or Metal Slug for the aesthetic variety
Terry's got a great design on his own, but especially for the stages, getting characters and locations based on Japanese history or a post-invasion apocalypse
it's definitely quite a bit different from the usual Smash fare

That all said, Terry absolutely should be the one to go with as far as being Smash's SNK ambassador
I just hope they give him some sort of mechanic or another such gameplay flavor to better distance himself from Ryu and Ken beyond just his individual moves, and not just having natural fighting game style combos

Last edited:

Gyrom8

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-4844-4242-3130
Wonder who'll present it this time

I normally associate Reggie/Bowser with E3, so hoping it's based Koizumi

Gyrom8

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-4844-4242-3130
Here's a fun topic:
What games do you want revealed at Nintendo's direct today?
- Pikmin 4
- Pikmin 1-3 collection
- New Paper Mario game that's actually good
- Alternatively, a new Mario & Luigi game (ideally with Wario & Waluigi - it would be called The Art of Wa)
- A new Wario Land game
- A new WarioWare game
- A collection of Zelda 3D game ports
- Teaser for the next 3D Mario title
- 3D World port
- Whatever Retro was working on, if it wasn't scrapped
- SNES for Nintendo Switch Online becoming a thing
- A new F-Zero game (never played the series but would be worth it for the 'holy ****, it's back' factor)
- A new Donkey Kong Country title
- And some other stuff I can't think of right now

Any of these happening would be much appreciated though I'd be lucky to just get one of them

Shroob

Sup?
Everyone's parents/roommate/SO tomorrow while we're all huddled around a PC/Phone watching the Direct

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
Here's a fun topic:
What games do you want revealed at Nintendo's direct today?
Metroid 5 or Metroid Prime Trilogy port.

New DKC to complete the modern trilogy.

Pokémon Mystery Dungeon.

Super Mario 3D World port.

Banjo-Kazooie port, because I regret not having played it before they come to Smash like I had planned to, so this would make up for that.

Only expect the last one to happen though, I don't place too much stock in those previous Metroid rumors anymore, I doubt Retro have been working on a new DKC, Mystery Dungeon will likely have to wait until after Sw/Sh have come out, and 3D World is kind of a 50/50 thing. Still, it's nice to hope.

Last edited:

Wunderwaft

Smash Master
Is it weird that I find a port of Pikmin 3 to be the least likely of a handful of ideas that I've heard, yet that's my main wish?
Nonsense, it's good to hope for something while being realistic about it's chances. Dream on my friend.

- Pikmin 4
- Pikmin 1-3 collection
- New Paper Mario game that's actually good
- Alternatively, a new Mario & Luigi game (ideally with Wario & Waluigi - it would be called The Art of Wa)
- A new Wario Land game
- A new WarioWare game
- A collection of Zelda 3D game ports
- Teaser for the next 3D Mario title
- 3D World port
- Whatever Retro was working on, if it wasn't scrapped
- SNES for Nintendo Switch Online becoming a thing
- A new F-Zero game (never played the series but would be worth it for the 'holy ****, it's back' factor)
- A new Donkey Kong Country title
- And some other stuff I can't think of right now

Any of these happening would be much appreciated though I'd be lucky to just get one of them
You've pretty much covered almost everything I want lol
Except for Metroid 5, SMT 5, Bayonetta 3, and I'm pretty damn sure I forgot a game.

Yoshi

What else would you expect me to say? :yoshi:
I dunno man literally any other video game?

Metroid 5 or Metroid Prime Trilogy port.

New DKC to complete the modern trilogy.

Pokémon Mystery Dungeon.

Super Mario 3D World port.

Banjo-Kazooie port, because I regret not having played it before he comes to Smash like I had planned to, so this would make up for that.

Only expect the last one to happen though, I don't place too much stock in those previous Metroid rumors anymore, I doubt Retro have been working on a new DKC, Mystery Dungeon will likely have to wait until after Sw/Sh have come out, and 3D World is kind of a 50/50 thing. Still, it's nice to hope.
Now I remembered the game I forgot. Pokémon Mystery Dungeon, the 3DS entries to me weren't as enjoyable as the DS ones but I still love these games. I hope we get a Switch game sometime in the future.

Last edited:

kirbsmash

Smash Champion
Boshi is pretty cute, I'd ask for him in Smash if my love for Terry wasn't strong.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
Now I remembered the game I forgot. Pokémon Mystery Dungeon, the 3DS entries to me weren't as enjoyable as the DS ones but I still love these games. I hope we get a Switch game sometime in the future.
Yeah, I don't think the 3DS titles were that great either, but I'm pretty interested in seeing what they could do with it on the Switch (as is the case with most previously handheld titles). Maybe the story, characters and world will never measure up to the first two titles again, but there's still plenty of potential in its gameplay.

Last edited:

Gyrom8

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-4844-4242-3130
You've pretty much covered almost everything I want lol
Except for Metroid 5, SMT 5, Bayonetta 3, and I'm pretty damn sure I forgot a game.
I'm not that invested in either SMTV or Bayonetta 3, but I agree they should at least make an appearance based on how long we've been waiting to see footage

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Amigo, you need to put some texts on this post and put this BEEG image in spoiler tag, or else the mods won't be happy.

Just a few words of advice.

EDIT: Wait, why I didn't quote Mellowy Yellow post?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom