• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Even though I'm highly skeptical of the 4chan rumor, I wouldn't be opposed to them re-using the Kencineroar trailer at all, especially if it went like:

*Ken's still licking his wounds from basically ****ing dying*

*Pan to Incineroar, standing atop a heap from the end of his trailer, pointing to the audience and hamming it up*

*Ken has a strong, muscular arm planted on his shoulder and ask him,

"Hey, are you okay?"

*Pan back to Incineroar, Ken's walking back into the ring, Incineroar is taunting before getting DECKED in the back of the head*

"TERRY BURSTS IN"
Not doing the hat toss? I guess it's still cool but c'mon man.

Shroob

Sup?
But seriously...

A dedicated Smash Direct for the FOURTH character?

.....Not the last one?

That's a strange take.

If there's gonna be a 'dedicated' Direct, it'd be for the final character to wrap everything up.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Y'know what'd be cool? If Terry had his Garou costume too.

Even better if he had an alt of that Garou costume that referenced Rock Howard. For those that don't know, Terry, after killing Geese in the Fatal Fury timeline, adopts Geese's son Rock, since Geese more or less neglected him and his mom who died.

rock-howard-garou-mark-of-the-wolves-13.1.jpg

The Rock Color scheme could give him red eyes, but it'd obviously stand out with having a black shirt, black pants and black shoes from Terry's default, even more so if that color was used on a potential Garou Terry costume. Rock's Sprite also had paler blonde hair.

Rock's also the same age in Garou as Jin Kazama was in Tekken 3, 19. Both having a mix of two parents fighting styles(Biological in Jin's case, Biological and Adopted in Rock's), having a dead mom backstory, and dealing with "Dirty Blood."

Shroob

Sup?
Y'know what'd be cool? If Terry had his Garou costume too.

Even better if he had an alt of that Garou costume that referenced Rock Howard. For those that don't know, Terry, after killing Geese in the Fatal Fury timeline, adopts Geese's son Rock, since Geese more or less neglected him and his mom who died.

View attachment 236728

The Rock Color scheme could give him red eyes, but it'd obviously stand out with having a black shirt, black pants and black shoes from Terry's default, even more so if that color was used on a potential Garou Terry costume. Rock's Sprite also had paler blonde hair.

Rock's also the same age in Garou as Jin Kazama was in Tekken 3, 19. Both having a mix of two parents fighting styles(Biological in Jin's case, Biological and Adopted in Rock's), having a dead mom backstory, and dealing with "Dirty Blood."
I'm just hoping we get the brown bomber jacket.

Shadowwolflink

Smash Master
I'm about to have a weird little nostalgia story time, so be warned:

I never really go into a Smash speculation cycle with a specific character or characters in mind, I'm basically happy no matter what because when I first played the original game I didn't really know any of the characters, aside from Mario, Luigi, Pikachu, and Jigglypuff, (for the longest time I thought Link's name was "Lee" because the announcer didn't fully pronounce the n and k at the end), so it was really the game and the gameplay that I fell in love with and then I eventually learned more and more about the characters and their games.

Then Melee came out and suddenly there were more characters that I know and more characters I know nothing about
(To the point where I ran into some serious confusion because of a walkthrough I read online that some of the unlockable characters were Gandalf (meaning Ganondorf), Captain Falcon's sidekick Falco, and Mr. Game & Watch who was the man that lived in the basement of the drug store on the Onett stage. Then Brawl speculation started and when I saw Snake my first thought was "third parties can happen now? I want Sonic" then I got Sonic. And ever since then I've had characters that I would like, but they were never make or break for me. I got Rosalina, Lucina, Palutena, Duck Hunt, and Ridley, I got Mewtwo, Snake, Squirtle, Young Link, and Wolf back. Then the impossible happened, I got Banjo-Kazooie.

Basically, what I'm getting at is that I'm basically happy no matter what, if I get Shantae or Agumon or Spyro or the extra impossible (Glover or Bonk) I'll be ecstatic, but I'm perfectly content either way.

This became a weird stream of consciousness, so... Sorry if I wasted your time haha.

Shroob

Sup?
Plant: Plant Gang

Joker: Looking cool, Joker/YA NEVER SAW IT COMIN'

Hero: HOES MAD

Banjo: Guh-huh, I guess

Terry: R U OK

So what's gonna be Ryu's funny for 5 minutes but then beaten to death meme if it's Ryu.

D

Deleted member

Seeing all the console Monster Hunter World players getting hyped up for Friday is making me real envious.
I guess constantly being a few months behind in content is the price us PC players have to pay for better graphics, load times & modding

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
The problem with Banjo & Kazooie being in the Nintendo Direct is it's going to be disappointing to B&K fans for not being a similar blowout to the rest of the characters, and will upset non-Smash fans who are annoyed the Direct is spending way too long on something that's already been announced--nobody wins.

Which is why Nintendo will almost certainly do it. :rotfl:

(and the usual disclaimer that I'm excited for B&K in Smash regardless of how they're presented because BANJO & KAZOOIE ARE IN SMASH and nothing's gonna change that--it's just if given the choice, during the Nintendo Direct is the worst choice).

Last edited:

Shadowwolflink

Smash Master
The problem with Banjo & Kazooie being in the Nintendo Direct is it's going to be disappointing to B&K fans for not being a similar blowout to the rest of the characters, and will upset non-Smash fans who are annoyed the Direct is spending way too long on something that's already been announced--nobody wins.

Which is why Nintendo will almost certainly do it. :rotfl:

(and the usual disclaimer that I'm excited for B&K in Smash regardless of how they're presented because BANJO & KAZOOIE ARE IN SMASH and nothing's gonna change that--it's just if given the choice, during the Nintendo Direct is the worst choice).
Just give me "here are the 20 Banjo songs available on the Spiral Mountain stage, here is the release date, look forward to it" and we can all be happy. At least I would be.

Krysco

Aeon Hero
NNID
Krysco
3DS FC
2122-7731-1180
I live and I'm not blind! I woke up recently with my eyes dry as heck but I was also way too tired after getting home from a check up to apply the eye drops I was supposed to so that's all on me. Plus nothing has been worse than the pain I dealt with last Wednesday after my surgery. Anyway, Gentlepanda Gentlepanda I'm back able to be picked for the AMA and at everyone else...I'm back to lurk and sporadically give likes I suppose~ Most I've heard is there's a Nintendo Direct tomorrow. If there's been any other noteworthy news, I haven't read it yet.

Shadowwolflink

Smash Master
I live and I'm not blind! I woke up recently with my eyes dry as heck but I was also way too tired after getting home from a check up to apply the eye drops I was supposed to so that's all on me. Plus nothing has been worse than the pain I dealt with last Wednesday after my surgery. Anyway, Gentlepanda Gentlepanda I'm back able to be picked for the AMA and at everyone else...I'm back to lurk and sporadically give likes I suppose~ Most I've heard is there's a Nintendo Direct tomorrow. If there's been any other noteworthy news, I haven't read it yet.
What surgery did you get? Was it for strabismus?

Krysco

Aeon Hero
NNID
Krysco
3DS FC
2122-7731-1180
What surgery did you get? Was it for strabismus?
Corneal Cross Linking. I've got a disease called Keratoconus which basically means my cornea becomes more and more of a cone shape instead of being the bowl shape it's meant to be which progressively makes my vision worse and worse. The surgery didn't get my vision back to perfect but it stopped it from getting worse. Had I not gotten the surgery, I was told it could keep affecting my vision up until my 40s.

Shadowwolflink

Smash Master
Corneal Cross Linking. I've got a disease called Keratoconus which basically means my cornea becomes more and more of a cone shape instead of being the bowl shape it's meant to be which progressively makes my vision worse and worse. The surgery didn't get my vision back to perfect but it stopped it from getting worse. Had I not gotten the surgery, I was told it could keep affecting my vision up until my 40s.
Oh! I remember you mentioning the surgery before!

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
Just give me "here are the 20 Banjo songs available on the Spiral Mountain stage, here is the release date, look forward to it" and we can all be happy. At least I would be.
If Banjo & Kazooie get 20 songs, then I'd be totally for their presentation in the Direct and won't give a **** if it annoys anybody else. That'd be great.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Seeing all the console Monster Hunter World players getting hyped up for Friday is making me real envious.
I guess constantly being a few months behind in content is the price us PC players have to pay for better graphics, load times & modding
I just got off of MHGU with a friend a few minutes ago to get a weapon i really really really wanted

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Alright, so I've been reading some Moon Knight, the original run from the 80's, and I found a REALLY cool page.

1567573071807.png

I can remember some really cool panels from Spider-Man and X-Men comics, but this is a really good example from a less popular property.

Last edited:

PsySmasher

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW 8231-8239-3130
I assume there were no new developments in the last 8 hours?
Nope.

Still looking like SNK rep (probably Terry) for Smash.

And we haven't gotten a leak on the Direct itself yet (thankfully).

Much rather go in blind for this on considering we're already less than 24 hours away from it.

Tako Tuesday

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-0245-5753-9220
I think I'm going to change my mind about clearing Banjo Tooie. I've been at Grunty Industries for over an hour, and still haven't found a single jiggy.

I feel like this game has a problem with feeling tedious at times, and it's starting to get more apparent as I get farther in the game. I really wanted to finish this game, I wanted to be a true Banjo fan, but I guess I'll just have to put it on hold for now.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
I think I'm going to change my mind about clearing Banjo Tooie. I've been at Grunty Industries for over an hour, and still haven't found a single jiggy.

I feel like this game has a problem with feeling tedious at times, and it's starting to get more apparent as I get farther in the game. I really wanted to finish this game, I wanted to be a true Banjo fan, but I guess I'll just have to put it on hold for now.
Being a true fan doesn't mean you have to put up with ****ty game design lmao. Don't listen to smug assholes who try to gatekeep you, especially as Rare planned Threeie to be even MORE of a hassle and as seen with Yooka Laylee, that turned out well

Shroob

Sup?
Ya

Pretty sure even though Nuts and Bolts is considered the bad one, most people accept that Tooie's "Neat ideas, horrible execution"

Tako Tuesday

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-0245-5753-9220
Being a true fan doesn't mean you have to put up with ****ty game design lmao. Don't listen to smug ******** who try to gatekeep you, especially as Rare planned Threeie to be even MORE of a hassle and as seen with Yooka Laylee, that turned out well
Thanks. I guess I shouldn't force myself to do this, so I'll just put it on hold for now. I feel like I've been forcing myself to play the games too much, sinply because I want to fit in, and I should probably stop doing that now. After all, I became a DQ fan by just playing it naturally, and that worked well. It's late now, so I should be off to sleep now. Thanks again, and goodnight!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom