• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shyy_Guy595

Smash Champion
You know... Samus and Terry being paired up would actually be fun because I'd LOVE to see the art of Samus in Terry"s outfit

...and I guess since it's tradition we can have Terry in the Zero Suit like every other Smasher. I guess it's like a form of hazing among the Smash cast.

SnakeFighter64

Pranked!
Well, heading to bed guys, best to get ready for tommorow..

Btw,

Nice job on the rosters you've made, my favorite ones are the Capcom vs. SNK 3 roster & the Marvel vs. Capcom 4 roster, wish I could balance my own fan roster well..
Thanks! Imagine how crazy it would be if this was real.

It’s not an easy thing to do. It requires a lot of reaserch, and putting aside your own self interests to do what would please the fans. Plus, your gonna have to tear them down and rebuild them multiple times. (None of these except for 1 or two were first drafts)

Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
So anyone here besides me going to see It: Chapter Two?

I much look forward how Pennywise's spider form will look in this and how the final battle will be given its closer to the book. Hoping for his spider form to be something like this.

R O F L

Smash Ace
Dude, I literally get home from my class 1 minute after the direct ends.

I honestly don't know if that's good or bad.

Shroob

Sup?
Even though I'm highly skeptical of the 4chan rumor, I wouldn't be opposed to them re-using the Kencineroar trailer at all, especially if it went like:

*Ken's still licking his wounds from basically ****ing dying*

*Pan to Incineroar, standing atop a heap from the end of his trailer, pointing to the audience and hamming it up*

*Ken has a strong, muscular arm planted on his shoulder and ask him,

"Hey, are you okay?"

*Pan back to Incineroar, Ken's walking back into the ring, Incineroar is taunting before getting DECKED in the back of the head*

"TERRY BURSTS IN"

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
So anyone here besides me going to see It: Chapter Two?

I much look forward how Pennywise's spider form will look in this and how the final battle will be given its closer to the book. Hoping for his spider form to be something like this.
Yep, planning on seeing it with friends at the end of the month. Really looking forward to it as the first one was nearly perfect. For movies I'm definitely seeing, I only watch the first trailer and then keep away from all trailers and info.

NurpNurp

Smash Journeyman
Even though I'm highly skeptical of the 4chan rumor, I wouldn't be opposed to them re-using the Kencineroar trailer at all, especially if it went like:

*Pan to Incineroar, standing atop a heap from the end of his trailer, pointing to the audience and hamming it up*

"Hey, are you okay?"

*Pan back to Incineroar, Ken's walking back into the ring, Incineroar is taunting before getting DECKED in the back of the head*

"TERRY BURSTS IN"
Only if Terry says it in that glorious, glorious Engrish.

a "HEY, R U OK?" then as Incineroar turns around he eats a "BUSTAH WURUFU"

Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203

"Hey, are you okay?"

"TERRY BURSTS IN"
I'd much prefer it continues where it left off at the end of Kencineroar's trailer with before:ultincineroar:is about to fight:ultbowserjr::ultkrool:and:ultvillager:Terry reveals himself and beats defeats them all before:ultken:recovers and it ends with them just as they're about to fight like:ultdk:and:ultkrool:clash in King K. Rool's reveal trailer.

Shadowwolflink

Smash Master
Guys I'm hyperventilating right now...

http://boards.4channel.org/tv/thread/120493452

God(zilla) let this be true...
I saw the image attached and thought it was info on where the Spider-Man deal is and got excited.

I'm definitely looking forward to Godzilla vs King Kong, but nothing about that trailer description seems that exciting, it sounds like it's mostly what I would have expected.
It's cool if the trailer is attached to Joker, but we're getting it eventually no matter what, so I'm fine if it isn't true.

Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Yep, planning on seeing it with friends at the end of the month. Really looking forward to it as the first one was nearly perfect. For movies I'm definitely seeing, I only watch the first trailer and then keep away from all trailers and info.
Awesome hope you'll enjoy it as much as I hopefully will. Plan to see it this weekend. Try not to spoil anything for you.

In preparation for it I just finished watching the 90's mini-series tonight then going to watch the first part of the new film on Thursday.

Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
I saw the image attached and thought it was info on where the Spider-Man deal is and got excited.

I'm definitely looking forward to Godzilla vs King Kong, but nothing about that trailer description seems that exciting, it sounds like it's mostly what I would have expected.
It's cool if the trailer is attached to Joker, but we're getting it eventually no matter what, so I'm fine if it isn't true.
I'm too blinded by my bias to even care tbh. You're looking at a huge Godzilla fanatic right here.

Also it'd be a wise and smart decision move for marketing to put the first trailer with either It: Chapter Two or Joker. Better yet at NYCC (New York Comic Con). That'd have to draw bunch of attention given one it a sequel to the highest grossing R rated horror film and the other is about comics most iconic if not of all time villains that is bound to be Oscar worthy.

The third though might be a more wise decision since there'd be an even bigger crowd thus more attention.

NurpNurp

Smash Journeyman
To add onto this Terry/Kencineroar meme, what if it picks up during that 4 way fight with Incineroar and as Ken is just standing up he sees that trucker hat, then a "C'mon, C'mon" from a distance, he smirks, then tosses the hat, Terry catches it, puts it on, then cue splash screen

Shroob

Sup?
Gonna throw my hat into the ring and say that Banjo won't get a presentation like the last 2 characters.

Budget comment aside, Banjo seems, at least from a surface-understanding, to be legions easier and more simple than Joker or Hero.

Joker had a BIG presentation, but a good chunk of it was dedicated to new modes as well.

Hero is arguably one of of most complex characters due to his Down B and MP, so it makes sense.

If Banjo's just bringing like.........home run contest, I just personally don't think he 'needs' a dedicated presentation.

Last edited:

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
Gonna throw my hat into the ring and say that Banjo won't get a presentation like the last 2 characters.

Budget comment aside, Banjo seems, at least from a surface-understanding, to be legions easier and more simple than Joker or Hero.

Joker had a BIG presentation, but a good chunk of it was dedicated to new modes as well.

Hero is arguably one of of most complex characters due to his Down B and MP, so it makes sense.

If Banjo's just bringing like.........home run contest, I just personally don't think he 'needs' a dedicated presentation.
Grunty boss... Grunty boss... Grunty boss...

I know it's not going to happen, let me dream for another few hours

Last edited:

SnakeFighter64

Pranked!

I mean. It still would be nice. To just have him drop with no sort of fanfare would feel... anticlimactic.

Icedragonadam

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5227-6397-6112
I mean it's fine to be cautious but.

5 months left. When are they gonna show 'em otherwise with 0 Directs left in the year?
Dedicated final smash direct like with 4 sometime in November or December.

Wunderwaft

Smash Master
I wake up and I see a direct got announced. How come everything big happens while I'm asleep?
Well I'm excited in how they're gonna handle Terry and incorporate him in Smash. If the trailer is a continuation of Kencineroar's trailer then speculation is pretty much dead.

SnakeFighter64

Pranked!
I mean it's fine to be cautious but.

5 months left. When are they gonna show 'em otherwise with 0 Directs left in the year?
They could always do a random dedicated presentation. But that’s more for going over movesets. Not announcing a fighter. And with Banjo (supposedly) so close to release, I very much doubt we’ll get a dedicated Smash Direct.

Shroob

Sup?
Like:

So far, every time we've gotten a DLC character, they've had a patch dedicated to them alone:

Plant: 2.0
Joker 3.0
Hero 4.0

Banjo will be 5.0

And these patches usually are at least 2-3 months apart.

To everyone who doesn't think we'll get any news about 4, you have to ask yourself 2 questions:

1#: If we're not getting anymore DLC characters this year, do you think we'll have 6.0 in January for only a month and then drop 7.0 in Feb?

and

2#: If Banjo comes out this month, do you seriously think Nintendo will leave us with nothing to look forward to?

Every Direct with Smash in it in regards to DLC has always had either a "Stay tuned for more!" or "Here's what's coming in the future."

Giving us Banjo and then radio silence on DLC is.... not a smart thought process.

Shroob

Sup?
Dedicated final smash direct like with 4 sometime in November or December.
I'm not counting on a Dedicated direct.

Even Sakurai's comment aside, that:

Showed off Cloud's moveset

and gave us 2 new characters, one being the ballot choice.

If there's going to be a dedicated Smash Direct, it'd be for the last character, not the 4th one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom