• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Why the every living **** is Fortnite having a crossover with It?

Why is a crossover with Fortnite necessary now to sell you movie/TV show?

The target audience for Fortnite can't even go see It Chapter Two in theaters without an adult. Lol.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946

The target audience for Fortnite can't even go see It Chapter Two in theaters without an adult. Lol.
Implying adults will care when they take their kids to R rated films because a funny clown is in it

Shyy_Guy595

Smash Champion
I predict some news relating to Mario.

Paper Mario, Mario & Luigi, Odyssey 2/Galaxy 3/Sunshine 2 or ports of 3D World and a remake of Sunshine.

One of these has to be in or I'll be upset.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed

John Wick is like the most popular skin and like 75% of the audience is too young to actually watch the film, even with a parent.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Implying adults will care when they take their kids to R rated films because a funny clown is in it
The "funny" clown literally commits a hate crime in the second one. Not really a spoiler since it's been in the book for years, but...

You know parents gonna parent I guess.

Either way. I just find it funny that a movie that's geared towards adults who read the book long ago and saw the original movie adaption thought marketing wise it was smart to cross promote with a game that's typical audience is kids/pre-teens/teens.

It's like Barney the Dinosaur making a cross promotion to advertise a new Barney Movie in say a Silent Hill game.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
I predict some news relating to Mario.

Paper Mario, Mario & Luigi, Odyssey 2/Galaxy 3/Sunshine 2 or ports of 3D World and a remake of Sunshine.

One of these has to be in or I'll be upset.
Watch the work I put into my ideas for a new Paper Mario game be for nothing once the announce one that returns to the classic formula.

Last edited:

StormC

Smash Hero
The "funny" clown literally commits a hate crime in the second one. Not really a spoiler since it's been in the book for years, but...

You know parents gonna parent I guess.

Either way. I just find it funny that a movie that's geared towards adults who read the book long ago and saw the original movie adaption thought marketing wise it was smart to cross promote with a game that's typical audience is kids/pre-teens/teens.

It's like Barney the Dinosaur making a cross promotion to advertise a new Barney Movie in say a Silent Hill game.
Fortnite is rated Teen, so technically kids shouldn't be playing it, lol.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
I mean

Depending on tomorrow

We may be shipping Terrybusa harder than Kencineroar
Eh, I wouldn’t go that far. Kencineroar was widely known among basically all insiders and had tangible evidence to support it from the beginning

This particular leak has a dude that got a leak right and is now claiming he has more sources backing it.

I still have to do some more digging to find out if it’s true. But from what I’ve read, he’s doubling down.

Shyy_Guy595

Smash Champion
Is it rated Teen because of the artillery and some of the outfits?

I guess I can see that.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Fortnite is rated Teen, so technically kids shouldn't be playing it, lol.
True that, but we all know they do anyways.

And for the life of me the most confusing part isn't even the weird cross promotion, but rather. What exactly and how exactly do you feature a centuries old space being/entity that disguises itself as a clown and eats kids and people into a colorful third person Battle Royale shooter?

Lol.

Shyy_Guy595

Smash Champion
Oh, also, remember when CoD dominated the market of FPS?

Wonder who the main audience behind those games were...

Plenty of kids play FNAF, despite the games being given a T rating. I suppose this is due to how popular Five Nights At Freddy's let's plays used to be.
Used to be? When a new FNaF game comes out pretty much any Lp'er rides the train from the jump and the videos still get good ratings.

Last edited:

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Oh, also, remember when CoD dominated the market of FPS?

Wonder who the main audience behind those games were...
FPS tend to skewer young for some reason. I've never not known a hit FPS/Battle Royale to not draw in a ton of children.

Even things that aren't children orientated like Dead by Daylight and Friday the 13th: The Game had/have tons of kids playing it.

I remember when I played F13 regular and the voice communication would kick in for Jason and it'd be a 7 year old sounding little kid being all ''I'm gonna get you." and it took all the threat away instantly.

Last edited:

ES. Dinah

Smash Ace
Soraya Saga updated her twitter banner and it says Screenwriter. ..... We have a direct tomorrow. Oh my god i'm super excited. What could it mean? Is she writing again for Monolith's new game? My excitement is 100% if so.

Another possibility is she's maybe writing for a Xenosaga HD remaster? Would make sense. Maybe she can add her script ideas that didn't make the cut. Hah, i'm dreaming.

Worst possibility is it is not related at all and she's throwing us off. Either way she retweeted the direct and it is 40 mins long. THERE BETTER BE XENO NEWS

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Since when have we all of a sudden marketed mature IPs to kids? WHEN I tell you? WHEN?!!!

..................................................oh :yoshi:
Unpopular Opinion: TMNT works far far far far far better as a children's friendly franchise than it does an edgy M rated comic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom