• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

Does anyone have a template for those direct bingo cards?

Who am I kidding. I don't know enough to fill on out.

So instead, I will ask you a question. Who do you think they could announce yesterday that would be a "Pleasent Surprise". No leaks, no theories. Not your most wanted. But a character that would make you go "Hmm. Neat."?

For me it would probably be Resident Evil content or maybe the twins from Astral Chain
Guybrush from Monkey Island or Duke Nukem.

D

Deleted member

Retailer exclusive figures? That doesn't affect me in any way, hahahah....

The worst part of Marvel Legends figures exclusive to Wallgreens is that there aren’t Wallgreens in Spain...

...So they never come to us.

The only one which got saved was the Human Torch, who by some miracle happened to be exclusive of “El Corte Inglés”.

Ever since Doctor Doom got revealed at this year’s SDCC, I’ve been praying for it to not be one.

D

Deleted member

Me and the brother talking about King of Fighters
Screenshot_20190902-194337_Messages.jpg

This is the kind of series we're getting.

Kingslime304

Smash Lord
Guys, are we really sure the 4th Fighter Pack character is gonna be revealed in the direct? It seems that the community is taking that fro granted pretty quickly.

D

Deleted member

Guys, are we really sure the 4th Fighter Pack character is gonna be revealed in the direct? It seems that the community is taking that fro granted pretty quickly.
Vergeben's pretty confident it might happen this direct. Now of course, this is the same man who got Erdrick being revealed at VGA wrong so take it with a grain of salt.

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
there's no guarantee, but i think the timing makes sense

we're about to get banjo, it's been 3 months since the last reveal, and an announcement here with a release in november/december would also presumably allow for the last announcement to be made in december with a february release

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
There's a Freddy Krueger rip-off in King of Fighters?

Wow.

In before the Hollywood adaption with Robert Englund as him.

D

Deleted member

there's no guarantee, but i think the timing makes sense

we're about to get banjo, it's been 3 months since the last reveal, and an announcement here with a release in november/december would also presumably allow for the last announcement to be made in december with a february release
Adding onto this, there's no real reason to hold back fighters like there was for E3. It makes sense to disperse the reveals throughout the rest of the year now.

Last edited by a moderator:

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Smash 4 was filled with reveals in a regular direct, but Ultimate usually reserves them for special occasions. Like, the only one that wasn't was Isabelle, who was revealed at a normal direct. Everyone else was revealed at a dedicated direct, E3, or in Joker's case, TGA.

StormC

Smash Hero
Smash 4 was filled with reveals in a regular direct, but Ultimate usually reserves them for special occasions. Like, the only one that wasn't was Isabelle, who was revealed at a normal direct. Everyone else was revealed at a dedicated direct, E3, or in Joker's case, TGA.
The game itself was revealed in a normal Direct.

D

Deleted member

Acshtually Inkling was confirmed in a March direct that revealed Smash 5

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
I would be less inclined to expect a Smash announcement if there was no way we were getting Banjo till October but seeing as he's likely right around the corner I can see them announcing his release date and then who fighter pack 4 is.

Not EXPECTING it outright but I could definitely see it.

D

Deleted member

Direct's also 40 minutes long too. It can get away with a Smash reveal.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
Saw it discussed on GameFAQS, but evidently IAmShifty has doubled down on Hayabusa being a DLC character for Smash.

Has that been mentioned yet? I don’t know what to think, and there’s a handful of characters I’d probably be more hyped for. But that doesn’t matter if you’re talking about what’s actually happening.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
I'm very iffy on character 4 tomorrow but I don't think it's impossible.

Banjo & Kazooie is 100% fo sho.

StormC

Smash Hero
Imagine being Sakurai and we've gone almost three months without a leak and then Nintendo leaks it themselves.

This is why he's not returning for the next Smash.

D

Deleted member

Saw it discussed on GameFAQS, but evidently IAmShifty has doubled down on Hayabusa being a DLC character for Smash.

Has that been mentioned yet? I don’t know what to think, and there’s a handful of characters I’d probably be more hyped for. But that doesn’t matter if you’re talking about what’s actually happening.
I didn't see that. Pretty interesting how he's gonna fight and die on this hill and is the only leaker to do so currently. I just need one more person to support Ryu and it's official

Shroob

Sup?

I mean

Depending on tomorrow

We may be shipping Terrybusa harder than Kencineroar

Kingslime304

Smash Lord
When a tragedy that affects hundreds in Japan happens, and you use it as evidence that your most wanted is in the game.

ABAAE08F-EB7F-46F0-85D3-884955AA7AC3.jpeg

Michele

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-4494-7438-0796
so I know it's been repeately asked but. What are your hopes for the nintendo direct tomorrow?

Yes, you can tell me any hopes that will never happen but wish it could, any unreal, crazy hopes, or any realistic hopes.

I want to see more of Pokemon Sword and Shield but other than that I kind of want to see a game from Alphadream, the company who made Mario and Luigi RPG games.

Unreal hopes? Jibanyan is the 4th DLC character in Smash Ultimate Some sort of expansion to smash ultimate spirits mode. And some Sony or Microsoft games like Horizon Dawn, on Nintendo Switch. Didn't Nintendo have some plans for more Switch consoles/models?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom