• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZaneHitsurugi

Smash Ace
Snake I’m gonna be real with you. Some of your posts are pretty wacky, but this one takes the cake.

I’m overweight myself.

I would be ABSOLUTELY offended by someone saying “fat guys are gross” because I know that’s not objectively true. I’m not a disgusting human being just because I ate one too many Mega-Stuf Oreos last semester.

Unhealthy? Yes. Gross and disgusting? No.

My physician has the right to tell me that I am objectively not in peak condition. Nobody has the right to tell me I look disgusting.
That seems like an unfair way of looking at things, especially if you're not taking any steps to improve your looks.
Does nobody have the right to call someone who smells like absolute ass from not regularly bathing disgusting? Or someone who just lets acne run wild with no attempts to stop it?

D

Deleted member

All I can offer to this discussion is that I know a chubby guy I play pool with every once in a while. Over the summer, he dedicated himself to burning fat and gaining muscle and the results show and it only gets better from there if he keeps it up. Pretty impressive, and it shows the results of long term hard work and determination. He was insatisfied with his body so he set a goal, did the research, and got the payoff.

20190828_100332.jpg

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Muscle girl talk reminded I have to wait until Spring 2020 the earliest, Spring 2021 the latest (hopefully) for Stone Ocean anime.

And David Production gives me two more Rohan OVAs instead of the one Dead Man’s Questions OVA I desire.
“Am I not supposed to have what I want...what I need...”
I just want my girl home. I'm looking to learn eyeshadow just because I can get lipstick in the green shade Jolyne has and I can try a cosplay

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I wonder though will banjo be here or will they announce when his presentation is coming

Kuon

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2294-4910-8117
Switch FC
SW-3044-7219-1427
So initially, I thought we were talking about female Terry when talking about muscly women being gross, not real women. I'm not gonna call a real person gross, because that's mean, but I think it's fine to think a fictional character can be gross based on their body type since they're not real people.

Mellowy Yellow

Smash Lord
So we went from thinking the new fighter was Tracer... to thinking it was D.va... to thinking it was Hayabusa... and now we find out it was Terry all along.

What a wild goddamn ride the last week or so has been.

SnakeFighter64

Pranked!
Snake I’m gonna be real with you. Some of your posts are pretty wacky, but this one takes the cake.

I’m overweight myself.

I would be ABSOLUTELY offended by someone saying “fat guys are gross” because I know that’s not objectively true. I’m not a disgusting human being just because I ate one too many Mega-Stuf Oreos last semester.

Unhealthy? Yes. Gross and disgusting? No.

My physician has the right to tell me that I am objectively not in peak condition. Nobody has the right to tell me I look disgusting.
Well. Good for you I guess.
Ok Sothis

Jon is also saying like 20 bucks so there's your monkey paw lmao
Okay. I like Banjo-Kazooie. But the original game with no touch ups and no additional content is like, a $15 product. Maybe $20 if it’s the 360 version, but that still feels too expensive.

It’s just not economical when Rare Replay is $60 and you get so many more additional games.
I’m one month away from being a legal adult.
So you were joking. Got it.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
That’s what people tell me. It doesn’t change how I feel and it doesn’t change how people have treated me over the years.
Don't listen to the people who are harassing you over it, then. Screw 'em.

If you actually really want to change your physical condition because you honestly want to make the change to you appearance and/or health for your own sake and desires, then make the strive to lose some weight.

Whatever you do, just don't allow genuine assholes to get under your skin, and don't allow them to influence your decision.

D

Deleted member

If you actually really want to change your physical condition because you honestly want to make the change to you appearance and/or health for your own sake and desires, then make the strive to lose some weight.

Whatever you do, just don't allow genuine ******** to get under your skin, and don't allow them to influence your decision.
Yeah, to hell with harassers as a whole.

I got shamed and mocked by many people and Artorias bandwaggoners during the past months, and in the end I owned each single one of them.

We can all overcome any kind of abuse with enough strength, patience and effort.

Kuon

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2294-4910-8117
Switch FC
SW-3044-7219-1427
Muscle girl talk reminded I have to wait until Spring 2020 the earliest, Spring 2021 the latest (hopefully) for Stone Ocean anime.

And David Production gives me two more Rohan OVAs instead of the one Dead Man’s Questions OVA I desire.
“Am I not supposed to have what I want...what I need...”
Stone Ocean anime? I read that as Star Ocean anime at first

Tako Tuesday

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-0245-5753-9220
So initially, I thought we were talking about female Terry when talking about muscly women being gross, not real women. I'm not gonna call a real person gross, because that's mean, but I think it's fine to think a fictional character can be gross based on their body type since they're not real people.
So you think it's ok to call sexy bodies like these

gross? For shame. You need to reconsider your morals.

Last edited:

Noipoi

Howdy!
I’m an equal opportunity lover

I love all my ladies, no matter the shape or size.

Except Gladys.

You know what you did Gladys.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble

Whatever you do, just don't allow genuine ******** to get under your skin, and don't allow them to influence your decision.
Ehhhhhh at the same time obesity is a big problem in the US and people are forced to live paycheck to paycheck meaning they have to save costs on food and healthier food is more pricey than cheap stuff and if you don't have the money to eat healthy stuff everyday you'll value food that fills your stomach than food with actual nutritional value, forcing many people in a cycle where they literally can't eat properly due to economic problems

TLDR eat the rich

StormC

Smash Hero
JoJo’s Bizarre Adventure Part 6: Stone Ocean.

I wanna see my buff convict girls move around on the screen
Stone Ocean is one of my favorite JoJo parts and I can't wait to see how they animate the absolute insanity that it is.

Though I think part 5 takes the cake for the most incomprehensible powers/Stands.

SnakeFighter64

Pranked!

Honestly. If I didn’t have to to get my surgery done, I probably wouldn’t even care. I don’t take well to diet and exercise (it negatively effects my mental health). And the fact that I have to do all this stuff that deprives me of pleasure to do it, combined with the limited timeframe I have and all this other stuff.

It leads to some bad body image days. I feel like I’m fighting my own body and trying to get it to do something it’s not supposed to. While at the same time I hate being overweight. I hate how it makes me look and I hate how it makes people treat me. I lie in bed at night and I HAVE to play music because if I don’t I’m alone with my thoughts and I start thinking about how gross I feel.

Not everyone can lose weight. Not everyone has the metabolism for it. But in order to have genitals that match my gender identity the surgeons require me to match the typical “healthy” human image. Only enforcing the hatred I have for how I look.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
That seems like an unfair way of looking at things, especially if you're not taking any steps to improve your looks.
Does nobody have the right to call someone who smells like absolute *** from not regularly bathing disgusting? Or someone who just lets acne run wild with no attempts to stop it?
There are more tactful ways of saying stuff like that though, and in context, this started because of a body type of people with a healthy lifestyle and have been taking steps to improve themselves disgusting.

Shroob

Sup?
If Banjo is coming to Switch like jongamexplain says

Please not the n64 version. 360 had so many qol updates.

StormC

Smash Hero
If Banjo is coming to Switch like jongamexplain says

Please not the n64 version. 360 had so many qol updates.
I'm positive it'll be the 360 version. It's formatted for HD and was used in Rare Replay. It makes no sense to do the N64 version.

D

Deleted member

Does nobody have the right to call someone who smells like absolute *** from not regularly bathing disgusting? Or someone who just lets acne run wild with no attempts to stop it?
I thought the takes on this thread couldn't get any worse but you proved me wrong

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom