• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
I don't necisarrily care about flagging it. Just, it getting taken down.
Well that's what I mean by flagging. Maybe I'm using the wrong term.

In our experience, even when they flag it for copyright and it temporarily gets taken down, we refute it with Youtube under parody laws, then Bandai is given 30days to rebuttal and the video goes back up in the meantime. They never reply, so it's been a non-issue. Annoying, but non-issue. I don't know if Nintendo would be more active and make it an issue, but my point was that copyright hounding bots see unlisted ones too unfortunately. :ohwell:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Well that's what I mean by flagging. Maybe I'm using the wrong term.

In our experience, even when they flag it for copyright and it temporarily gets taken down, we refute it with Youtube under parody laws, then Bandai is given 30days to rebuttal and the video goes back up in the meantime. They never reply, so it's been a non-issue. Annoying, but non-issue. I don't know if Nintendo would be more active and make it an issue, but my point was that copyright hounding bots see unlisted ones too unfortunately. :ohwell:
I thought flagging just meant it got demonetized.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Ever see a dog pick up something it shouldn't and try to yank it out of their mouth? They don't make it easy for you.
Finally, time to make Phantom Blood teach people something.

According to George Joestar, you shouldn't try pulling it, but rather push it to make the dog think you're giving the dog whatever it is. Then you can yoink it out easier as they let their guard down

Then again it's Jojo so idk

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
Other insiders haven't really said anything, other than Ryce who believes Shinobi is being truthful and Sabi who says he has the highest credibility + she has received another hint image from her source that seems to reference Banjo-Kazooie (it's something called "Witch Puzzle" and admittedly this sounds very silly but her source did the same thing for Link's Awakening by sending a picture of a blue crab statue); of course Sabi isn't going all-in (at least not as far as I know) but who knows for sure.

Would Nintendo use another company's characters as leakbait, though? I know they had Xander Mobus announce Rayman's name for Smash 4, but he ended up actually getting something in the game.
Regardless, someone must be wrong.

We have Verge, who has been mostly perfect, doubling down on Erdrick.
The dude who leaked all of E3's props from 2017 and 2018 AND had a image of Ultimate's new Battlefield before anyone else says Steve.
And now Shinobi hinting at Banjo and other vouching for his credibility.

Unless we get all three, I have a feeling one of these credible sources will fall flat on their faces.

Last edited:

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
Frankly this whole debacle over Microsoft characters is hilarious. I’ve already said why I don’t believe the Minecraft information that Verge has said for my own reasons (you don’t have to believe me), and really the only person to go all in on Steve is Hitagi, who has the same source as Verge to my knowledge, or at least has a connection.

So basically I don’t see validity in Steve. Banjo? Maybe. But I still think there’s entirely a chance that it’s getting tangled up with, potentially, a new Banjo game.

Expectations should still be in check. It’s only a matter of time until it actually leaks.

It will likely leak before E3. It probably already has.

Icedragonadam

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5227-6397-6112
Other insiders haven't really said anything, other than Ryce who believes Shinobi is being truthful and Sabi who says he has the highest credibility + she has received another hint image from her source that seems to reference Banjo-Kazooie (it's something called "Witch Puzzle" and admittedly this sounds very silly but her source did the same thing for Link's Awakening by sending a picture of a blue crab statue); of course Sabi isn't going all-in (at least not as far as I know) but who knows for sure. There's also Jon (from GameXplain; Jonneh on ResetEra) whom uploaded a video to the channel over the B-K rumor regarding the recent merchandise + the figure tease, and they only tend to cover rumors if they think they have credibility (plus Jonneh is an insider himself).

Would Nintendo use another company's characters as leakbait, though? I know they had Xander Mobus announce Rayman's name for Smash 4, but he ended up actually getting something in the game.
That hint could easily mean a sequel or remaster instead though. So people do need to hype responsibly.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior

The dude who leaked all of E3's props from 2017 and 2018 AND had a image of Ultimate's new Battlefield before anyone else says Steve.

Unless we get all three, I have a feeling one of these credible sources will fall flat on their faces.
Ok but the issue with Shinobi is that nobody's backing "Banjo in Smash". People are backing the idea that Banjo's getting the Crash treatment sure, but that's where the confusion lies

staindgrey

Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
So Kill la Kill: IF comes out in a month and a half and it's still not preorderable anywhere but Amazon.

Mother****ers are really gonna make me use goddamn Amazon, aren't they.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed

Easy. The Steve Guy is wrong.

D

Deleted member

So Kill la Kill: IF comes out in a month and a half and it's still not preorderable anywhere but Amazon.

Mother****ers are really gonna make me use goddamn Amazon, aren't they.
I'm gonna pick that game too if I can.

It seems pretty promising.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend

Shinobi hinting at Banjo and other vouching for his credibility.

I believe the guy who leaked the E3 props - MasterOfHyrule - said he was speculating or something. He has a youtube channel and has covered a lot of Smash mods as well, he may only have connections to people that do E3 stuff; he hasn't said anything about Steve since last year from what I remember. I'd like Steve too, though.

Vergeben says Erdrick but has said nothing against Banjo, and doesn't know if Steve will be playable or not. We could get Erdrick and Banjo.

So yeah, someone is wrong but stuff seems to have been going in Banjo's favor recently, but who knows I guess.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
It's either happening or it's not, and the only thing that I'm hoping for is an adult response to either or.

Last edited:

staindgrey

Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
I'm gonna pick that game too if I can.

It seems pretty promising.
I haven't decided if I'm getting it on Switch or PS4.

I play my Switch far more often, but Switch versions often have slight performance issues that the PS4/XB1 versions don't.

D

Deleted member

I haven't decided if I'm getting it on Switch or PS4.

I play my Switch far more often, but Switch versions often have slight performance issues that the PS4/XB1 versions don't.
I may pick the Switch version since I tend to get out of home pretty frequently.

staindgrey

Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
It's either happening or it's not, and the only thing that I'm hoping for is an adult response to either or.
This is the most unrealistic expectation in this thread.

D

Deleted member

The dude who leaked E3 props backpedaled and said

1. He was just speculating
  2. He's no longer in contact with the sources who gave him those E3 leaks.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Catch up time!
  • All the Pokémon Sword & Shield stuff was pretty nice. Looks very promising.
  • The Super Smash Smash Bros. hashtags on Twitter generating special emojis tell me something big and/or crazy is upon us soon...
  • **** YES! SPONGEBOB SQUAREPANTS: BATTLE FOR BIKINI BOTTOM REHYDRATED! Last year when it was announced I was thinking we'd just be getting an enhanced port but I'm thrilled to find out it's a full blown remake. I had so much fun with the original GameCube game and will happily fork out my money to THQ/Nickelodeon for this.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
Let me put it this way.

Erdrick/Dragon Quest is basically an open secret. Most insiders know about it.

Banjo is a bit different, as it isn’t as widespread. It’s not so much a credibility issue as much as it is, “What do they mean about Banjo?”. On one hand it could be a new game/remaster, or it could be a Smash appearance.

Or, potentially, both.

But we have to wait and see.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Let me put it this way.

Erdrick/Dragon Quest is basically an open secret. Most insiders know about it.

Banjo is a bit different, as it isn’t as widespread. It’s not so much a credibility issue as much as it is, “What do they mean about Banjo?”. On one hand it could be a new game/remaster, or it could be a Smash appearance.

Or, potentially, both.

But we have to wait and see.
Honestly, being in Smash would be the perfect advertisement for a new game/remaster. And I hope that's the direction we went down.

D

Deleted member

Erdrick and Banjo are not guaranteed, but they are the most likely.
Does this post count as spam?

Icedragonadam

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5227-6397-6112
Catch up time!
  • All the Pokémon Sword & Shield stuff was pretty nice. Looks very promising.
  • The Super Smash Smash Bros. hashtags on Twitter generating special emojis tell me something big and/or crazy is upon us soon...
  • **** YES! SPONGEBOB SQUAREPANTS: BATTLE FOR BIKINI BOTTOM REHYDRATED! Last year when it was announced I was thinking we'd just be getting an enhanced port but I'm thrilled to find out it's a full blown remake. I had so much fun with the original GameCube game and will happily fork out my money to THQ/Nickelodeon for this.
The emojis are for the tournament this Saturday.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
best end for me is ryu hayabusa and doomguy

staindgrey

Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
hi yes staindgrey staindgrey ? make this the new thread title please and thanks
Sorry, staff agreed not to change the title until the new social area's done.

...but it's been like a week and a half, I'll go ask.

Erdrick and Banjo are not guaranteed, but they are the most likely.
Does this post count as spam?
Don't see why it would. You're good, bud.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
So evidently the guy who leaked Sword and Shield posted something about Smash?

That’s...interesting. He says Erdrick and Doomguy.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Honestly, being in Smash would be the perfect advertisement for a new game/remaster. And I hope that's the direction we went down.
Honestly it's funny as **** to me that Smash fans often have this mentality as reasons to push characters from dead franchises/forgotten characters yet the idea of a 'shill pick' tends to drive people with that mentality insane to the point people yell stuff like "Erdrick would only be a shill pick/Bayonetta was a shill pick to shill her games!". Not saying it applies to you, just something I realized earlier today

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
So evidently the guy who leaked Sword and Shield posted something about Smash?

That’s...interesting. He says Erdrick and Doomguy.
is this the one 4chan post with the two legendary names?

if so, that's been debunked by sabi on the basis of that info being internally available for hours before the direct

Wunderwaft

Smash Master
I still believe Steve is the Microsoft rep if we do get one, it's literally either him or Master Chief. Banjo has been away from the gaming industry for over a decade, and Nintendo has said they are trying to reach new audiences with the DLC of Smash. It is a really risky move to choose a character that hasn't been on the spot light for so long as a DLC pick.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom