• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
I'm still being bold as hell and saying Erdrick isn't happening.

He's been far too widely known for MONTHS almost a year now. This is Square we're talking about. They don't have leaks that lingering and big.

Everyone who has said Erdrick has also has taken a hit in credibility as well.

If Square wanted to add the biggest face of their famous RPG series. They sure as **** wouldn't let him leak out as early as he did. Nor would Nintendo let it happen. Nintendo leaks tend to be accidental ones that were through promo materials, etc, etc.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Honestly it's funny as **** to me that Smash fans often have this mentality as reasons to push characters from dead franchises/forgotten characters yet the idea of a 'shill pick' tends to drive people with that mentality insane to the point people yell stuff like "Erdrick would only be a shill pick/Bayonetta was a shill pick to shill her games!". Not saying it applies to you, just something I realized earlier today
Honestly, I have no problem with shill picks as long as their cool.

And not from Fire Emblem.

But yeah, I kind of have a feeling that every character in this pass will be some degree of shill.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407

i feel like chrom was the only exception that people were willing to make room for

i dont think we'll be seeing fire emblem for a long time in this series.

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
Ederick, Banjo, Jill, some first-party promotional character.

I'm sticking to my "prediction" from like March.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
I'm still being bold as hell and saying Erdrick isn't happening.

He's been far too widely known for MONTHS almost a year now. This is Square we're talking about. They don't have leaks that lingering and big.

Everyone who has said Erdrick has also has taken a hit in credibility as well.

If Square wanted to add the biggest face of their famous RPG series. They sure as **** wouldn't let him leak out as early as he did. Nor would Nintendo let it happen. Nintendo leaks tend to be accidental ones that were through promo materials, etc, etc.
I mean, to be fair, these are the same developers that left code in for Ryu a clean what, 3 months before his announcement and then had the patch be up online a day before the announcement so that everyone could see how he played and what he did?

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
With Shinobi also being known for not getting anything wrong yet. I have to wonder if Banjo is the only Smash content at E3?

Granted? He teased Ridley and didn't say anything about Daisy/Echos.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Last edited:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
I mean, to be fair, these are the same developers that left code in for Ryu a clean what, 3 months before his announcement and then had the patch be up online a day before the announcement so that everyone could see how he played and what he did?
Another accidental leak that actually pointed everything out.

Nothing that big other than word of mouth and guessing games about Brave says Erdrick.

There's not one solid piece of proof for Erdrick other than ''He/she said." and guessing games.

And this is why I stick to it being a bunch of bologna.

Last edited:

staindgrey

Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696

But yeah, I kind of have a feeling that every character in this pass will be some degree of shill.

"You're going to get me and you're going to like it."
- Edelgard c. E3 2019

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
With Shinobi also being known for not getting anything wrong yet. I have to wonder if Banjo is the only Smash content at E3?

Granted? He teased Ridley and didn't say anything about Daisy/Echos.
The thing is, multiple people were teasing Ridley and Smash in that March direct, not just him. He's the only one teasing that Banjo's in Smash, which to me says he got some information mixed up as everyone's teasing Banjo stuff but are confused about this one specific thing Shinobi said

Noipoi

Howdy!
Ngl I’m kinda big pissed

I wanted to go into Sword and Shield without leaks spoiling things

But now this big ol leak has arrived and everyone’s talking about it so I’m gonna have to avoid literally every website I like visiting

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
The thing is, multiple people were teasing Ridley and Smash in that March direct, not just him. He's the only one teasing that Banjo's in Smash, which to me says he got some information mixed up as everyone's teasing Banjo stuff but are confused about this one specific thing Shinobi said
To me that makes it even more authentic though.

If you're someone with a crystal clear record so far? You don't risk those choice of words that way unless you're 100 percent sure.

Didn't Polar Panda also get a hint from their source saying ''Witch Puzzle."

They got a hint like that about Link's Awakening that also became true.

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
Ngl I’m kinda big pissed

But now this big ol leak has arrived and everyone’s talking about it so I’m gonna have to avoid literally every website I like visiting
Life just be like that sometimes.
9B36EAFB-946E-49FB-8EED-E5485A79751E.jpeg

staindgrey

Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
Ngl I’m kinda big pissed

I'm sorry dude. I hadn't considered Pokemon leaks. People were talking casually about things related to the Direct and I didn't really think about people not wanting to know all the other stuff.

That's my bad. I'm sorry.

Icedragonadam

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5227-6397-6112

If you're someone with a crystal clear record so far? You don't risk those choice of words that way unless you're 100 percent sure.

As I said before, that Witch Puzzle hint can easily just mean a remaster or sequel.

D

Deleted member

Ngl I’m kinda big pissed

My man, I feel ya.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior

Polar Panda did but again, many insiders are specifically talking about Banjo getting the Crash treatment, that's the open secret among them like Ridley, the Ultimate teaser, the Grinch bull**** (even if it was obvious it was fake due to the sheer amount of characters) and Incineroar. Banjo getting in Smash is something that ONLY Shinobi's implying while everyone else is teasing Banjo coming back from the dead with games.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
As I said before, that Witch Puzzle hint can easily just mean a remaster or sequel.
I don't know. This all just feels like ignoring things right in front of your face.

Like it was with Ridley last time. Everyone tried to discredit that too and it was right in front of their face.

History always repeats itself. And there's always egg on faces.

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
anyway this has a solid 8 hours of life left in it before the kasumi trailer comes around and gives her a different codename to countess

1559765446174.png

but if she is countess

hoo boy is some **** gonna go down

D

Deleted member

Ok people, I'm at the cinema.

Endgame will start in less than 20 minutes.

I'm ready.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
I don't know. This all just feels like ignoring things right in front of your face.

Like it was with Ridley last time. Everyone tried to discredit that too and it was right in front of their face.

History always repeats itself. And there's always egg on faces.
Then couldn't one say the same as Erdrick? Tansut (They leaked Cloud iirc) says he's in, he was on Vergeben's Square Enix list which he didn't want to reveal initially, other insiders are saying he's in, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom