• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

Ngl I’m kinda big pissed

I wanted to go into Sword and Shield without leaks spoiling things

But now this big ol leak has arrived and everyone’s talking about it so I’m gonna have to avoid literally every website I like visiting
I understand. I wish you the best, and E3 turns out to be great for you.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Then couldn't one say the same as Erdrick? Tansut (They leaked Cloud iirc) says he's in, he was on Vergeben's Square Enix list which he didn't want to reveal initially, other insiders are saying he's in, etc.
All of which who have taken credibility hits though.

Sure, both are a lot of hear say.

But one is a squeaky clean leaker who has yet to be wrong.

The others are people who don't have the credibility as much anymore. And it's all tied back to a ''Code name." theory.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Ngl I’m kinda big pissed

I wanted to go into Sword and Shield without leaks spoiling things

But now this big ol leak has arrived and everyone’s talking about it so I’m gonna have to avoid literally every website I like visiting
Wishing the best for you with this E3 season.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511

No mod can save you now.
It was worth to quote this just to see the reaction image lmao

EDIT: Oh, is not broken now
Now I can save it :V

Last edited:

Icedragonadam

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5227-6397-6112
So a source told me who's going to be revealed at E3.

Erdrick, Banjo, and Doomguy as a Chorus Kids trio with Steve appearing in their Final Smash. There, everybody happy now? Never ask Sakurai for anything again!

D

Deleted member

Erdrick, Banjo, and Doomguy as a Chorus Kids trio with Steve appearing in their Final Smash. There, everybody happy now? Never ask Sakurai for anything again!
I got what I wanted so I am happy yeah.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352

No Isaac, Tails, Lycanroc, Tales of Character. -1/10.

Time to go on quick play to vent >:E

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble

The others are people who don't have the credibility as much anymore. And it's all tied back to a ''Code name." theory.
I really disagree but I'd be pessimistic when it comes to stuff you want as if you're expecting it and you don't get it, we're going to get another load of "BAYO RIGGED THE BALLOT! SHOULD HAVE BEEN *insert popular Smashboards dlc pick here* INSTEAD!". On the flipside, if you're thinking it's not happening and it DOES happen, it'd be so much more exciting. When Ridley was everywhere last year I refused to believe it, then I ended up nearly fainting and causing so much noise people could hear me 3 streets away

D

Deleted member

I think that both Banjo and a Dragon Quest rep will be shown at E3.

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
I really disagree but I'd be pessimistic when it comes to stuff you want as if you're expecting it and you don't get it, we're going to get another load of "BAYO RIGGED THE BALLOT! SHOULD HAVE BEEN *insert popular Smashboards dlc pick here* INSTEAD!". On the flipside, if you're thinking it's not happening and it DOES happen, it'd be so much more exciting. When Ridley was everywhere last year I refused to believe it, then I ended up nearly fainting and causing so much noise people could hear me 3 streets away
Never expect anything so you never get let down.

That's my motto. Not really.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
Real talk I tend to think Dragon Quest is very likely just due to the popularity and importance that series has in Japan.

But I could be wrong. If I am cool surprises are in store then.

D

Deleted member

Banjo may be in, Banjo may not be in. In the end there's only one certainty in life: banjos and kazoos are two entirely unrelated instruments and so the pairing of the two makes little sense.

Shroob

Sup?
So what's the haps peeperoonis.

Pokemon Kaiju battles?

Kewl, kewl.....

Erdrick and Banjo debates?

Ah hell.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Real talk I tend to think Dragon Quest is very likely just due to the popularity and importance that series has in Japan.

But I could be wrong. If I am cool surprises are in store then.
I too find it likely, but the very fact that it's from a company who managed to keep their prior Smash character a secret down to the very last minute and surprise everyone.

Said character being the Final Fantasy equal of what Erdrick is to Dragon Quest and it's just puzzling to me that he'd be the worst kept secret in Smash history. It doesn't make a whole lot of sense to me.

To me? Erdrick would be as protected as Cloud was about getting into Smash. Not a ''You'll know practically a year in advance he's coming." type of deal.

Noipoi

Howdy!
Oh hey Alpharad reacted to the direct, wonder what he had to say-
“If you like Scorbunny you’re an awful person”
Well damn

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
Speaking in terms of somebody who has been fed information before:

1) I trust the people who verified the information on Erdrick being in Super Smash Bros. Ultimate
2) Other notable people, who I don't talk to, also say that they've heard Erdrick, and seem pretty solid about it being the case.

Then there's:

1) A notable person who says Banjo is in, and they're the only person to come forward and at least hint at it.

It doesn't have to be one or the other. It's a tad of a hot take to say one is bull while the other isn't, because they're literally the same situation, just one pick having more chatter around them.

I'm not divulging sources, but I trust them.

Potato_

Smash Lord

That's another thing though.

Banjo (so far) has one credible leaker linking him to Smash. Erdrick however has a lot of people hinting at his inclusion with varying levels of credibility. Despite Vergeben's incredibly spotty track record on other games (FighterZ in particular), Smash has been solid for him, with the only claim that has gone bad being the Minecraft content.

I think Banjo's chances are good (certainly better than they've ever been if that revival rumor is true) but to imply that all the Erdrick stuff is being pushed by less credible leakers ignores the fact that a lot of leakers in general are implying he's in. That tends to be a pretty good sign.

Ridley wasn't hinted at by just the Era insiders after all.

Last edited:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
I too find it likely, but the very fact that it's from a company who managed to keep their prior Smash character a secret down to the very last minute and surprise everyone.

Said character being the Final Fantasy equal of what Erdrick is to Dragon Quest and it's just puzzling to me that he'd be the worst kept secret in Smash history. It doesn't make a whole lot of sense to me.

To me? Erdrick would be as protected as Cloud was about getting into Smash. Not a ''You'll know practically a year in advance he's coming." type of deal.
It's not like it was done on purpose. It probably has to do with the fact that Joker was swept into TGA's last minute to cover for MP4's cancelation

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Got further along in FotNS. Beat Thouser and now I gotta find Jagi. Trained with Toki, actually beat him this time and got a bunch of side missions done. I'm trying to get as much side stuff done as possible before moving the main game along too much.

D

Deleted member

Nevermind, they fixed the camera.

I freaking dodged the bullet.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Aight so now that Pokémon news is out I’m gonna be absent until E3

Quite frankly I’m kinda sick of all these leaks. It’s gotten real annoying and I don’t feel like dealing with them for a week.

I’ll still talk some Pokémon here and there, but for the most part I’ll be posting less.
Ah yes, the ol' Bunker technique. See ya during E3 time.

Oh hey Alpharad reacted to the direct, wonder what he had to say-
“If you like Scorbunny you’re an awful person”
Well damn
Let 'em talk mad ****. Stick to your guns.

Last edited:

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
If Sobble does evolve into a spy, and he doesn't present [REDACTED] of my mother then I'm gonna be extremely disappointed.

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
Can’t hear em talkin **** if I’m having a good time with my bro
View attachment 226115
I know Sword & Shield is going to be a better game in every way, but there's no way they're going to beat those Eevee animations.

She's so ****ing goddamn cute.

Potato_

Smash Lord

> never been defeated

This man better be the hardest damn champion in the entire series. I don't remember them hyping up a champion like this so soon.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352

The only thing that worries me is modern Square Enix. Final fantasy is picky with music and rights and I hope Dragon Quest does not go down that route.

It’s a part of a bigger reason I think Goku was a no outside of him being an anime icon. Toei and the companies behind producing it are not friendly with rights given some issues with dragonball fighter z.

Hope so but we’ll wait and see.

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696

> never been defeated

This man better be the hardest damn champion in the entire series. I don't remember them hyping up a champion like this so soon.
I'm calling it now.

He's evil.

Noipoi

Howdy!

> never been defeated

Last year I replayed Platinum and Cynthia kicked my ass

Hope this guy is a tough fight

D

Deleted member

> never been defeated

Knowing Pokemon, it’s gonna be all talk.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
anyway this has a solid 8 hours of life left in it before the kasumi trailer comes around and gives her a different codename to countess

View attachment 226109

but if she is countess

hoo boy is some **** gonna go down
Phoenix and baboom would be pretty hype. Eldegard could also be neat if axe based. Wouldn’t be a terrible pass. Especially when a second pass could always happen because money.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom