• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Daily reminder that Steelix now can ****ing float for no reason in a core game now
Screenshot_20190605-153113.jpg

Noipoi

Howdy!

BlueMonk

Smash Champion
Sun and Moon are fine. It's the Ultra games people despise
I don't like the Ultra games either, but I definitely remember a lot of harsh criticism towards S/M when it came out about hand-holding and there being too many cutscenes, both of which were things I didn't really have a problem with or notice at all.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Wait, why? What's wrong with them?
Changing the story to take a well-received villain and make her a hero because Game Freak was apparently scared at the idea of kids seeing the idea of parents not being perfect I guess and all the other general flaws such as forced tutorials, removing other well-received story elements, useless additions, etc. Lots of people hate the final fate against Ultra Necrozma too

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Changing the story to take a well-received villain and make her a hero because Game Freak was apparently scared at the idea of kids seeing the idea of parents not being perfect I guess and all the other general flaws such as forced tutorials, removing other well-received story elements, useless additions, etc. Lots of people hate the final fate against Ultra Necrozma too
I... See.....

Well, anyway, Sword, Sheild, and Smash.....

Shroob

Sup?
Preach Gwen.

Ultra ruined Lusamine and Lily's character development.

Wunderwaft

Smash Master
Yo we talking about pokemanz?
If so then Platinum is the peak of the mainline games. If we're talking about the series in it's entirety then Explorers of Sky is the peak of the whole series.

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
there is people that hate Sun and moon?
I mean, I've seen general dislike for it on this very forum.

Especially when Let's Go was announced. Lots of people complaining about the Sun/Moon's easiness as a primary problem and how it had the least new pokemon of any gen because they decided to retread more Kanto pokemon by giving them slightly different forms.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585

Especially when Let's Go was announced. Lots of people complaining about the Sun/Moon's easiness as a primary problem and how it had the least new pokemon of any gen because they decided to retread more Kanto pokemon by giving them slightly different forms.
well I mean, the kanto stuff is the only thing that pissed me off. It was clear I wasnt a fan of all the Kanto they were throwing at us pff

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble

Here's the thing that I'll praise Let's Go for despite not buying it. It does a very new formula for the wild battles.

AND THE TUTORIAL IS ONLY 2 MINUTES LONG THE ENTIRE FIRST ISLAND OF SUN AND MOON WERE TUTORIALS.

I liked Sun and Moon but I can NOT replay them because I just don't have the energy to skip so many ****ing text boxes

Captain Shwampy

Smash Master
there is people that hate Sun and moon?
Terrible story
Annoying characters
Unskippable cutscenes
No exploration, just linear straight line routes
Forced tutorials
Poor customization

Honestly one of the worst pokemon games/JRPGS ive ever played but pokemon games haven't been good for a while so...

Iridium

Smash Hero
Okay, so I was wading through the Pokémon Direct without any spoilers, and I actually like what I'm seeing.

Somehow, when I talked about wanting wolves as the legendaries a while ago, Zacian and Zamazenta made that a reality. I would scream, but I don't do that. either way, I'm very pleased to see this happen. The designs fit quite well and work with the theme of the game. Still buying Sword first.

Corviknight, I really like. I find birds very interesting, although I was a bit surprised by the Steel/Flying type combo instead of Dark. Then again, we haven't had a Steel/Flying Pokémon since Skarmory, so...

The game seems so much more experimental,especially with concepts like Dynamaxed Pokémon. It's like the new Mega Evolution to me (quite literally). Max Raid Battles does allow for more communication between players, but I'm already so very lonely, so we're good. :)

The characters aren't as boring as they probably like (aside from Leon). I just wonder if we will have more companions along the way than just Hop. Probably.There likely is a mountain of fanart on Twitter at the time of this post.

I also like Rotom still being around, although that might be heresy to some extent. Anyway, the release date obviously wouldn't be said today, but I can wait. They almost always release it during my birth month nowadays.

Did I also mention how much Leon already reminds me of Kukui?

Hoping this post doesn't get drowned out.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Terrible story
Annoying characters
Unskippable cutscenes
No exploration, just linear straight line routes
Forced tutorials
Poor customization

Honestly one of the worst pokemon games/JRPGS ive ever played but pokemon games haven't been good for a while so...
I dont think it was that bad but hey, different strokes.

BlueMonk

Smash Champion

I think I might be a little biased on the difficulty since I played without an experience share most of the time, so my pokemon tended to be a bit underleveled. I was more than grateful when Lily came around and restored the team to full.

On a side note, Olivia was my biggest challenge since I somehow managed to create a team where 5/6 pokemon were weak to Rock

staindgrey

Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
Here's the thing that I'll praise Let's Go for despite not buying it. It does a very new formula for the wild battles.

AND THE TUTORIAL IS ONLY 2 MINUTES LONG THE ENTIRE FIRST ISLAND OF SUN AND MOON WERE TUTORIALS.

I liked Sun and Moon but I can NOT replay them because I just don't have the energy to skip so many ****ing text boxes
Let's Go is a bad mainline Pokemon game. But it's not a bad game on its own. I really, really enjoyed it.

There is zero stress. You just fire a seemingly endless amount of pokeballs at cute, nostalgic monsters that roam a familiar world in a semi-realistic way and Eevee is cute AF.

I fully consider it worth the purchase if for no other reason than stress relief. It was a pleasant trip down memory lane and I liked it.

As for the rest of your post yeah Nintendo has a major problem with tutorials in general outside of, like, Splatoon.

Noipoi

Howdy!
Okay, so I was wading through the Pokémon Direct without any spoilers, and I actually like what I'm seeing.

Somehow, when I talked about wanting wolves as the legendaries a while ago, Zacian and Zamazenta made that a reality. I would scream, but I don't do that. either way, I'm very pleased to see this happen. The designs fit quite well and work with the theme of the game. Still buying Sword first.

Corviknight, I really like. I find birds very interesting, although I was a bit surprised by the Steel/Flying type combo instead of Dark. Then again, we haven't had a Steel/Flying Pokémon since Skarmory, so...

The game seems so much more experimental,especially with concepts like Dynamaxed Pokémon. It's like the new Mega Evolution to me (quite literally). Max Raid Battles does allow for more communication between players, but I'm already so very lonely, so we're good. :)

The characters aren't as boring as they probably like (aside from Leon). I just wonder if we will have more companions along the way than just Hop. Probably.There likely is a mountain of fanart on Twitter at the time of this post.

I also like Rotom still being around, although that might be heresy to some extent. Anyway, the release date obviously wouldn't be said today, but I can wait. They almost always release it during my birth month nowadays.

Did I also mention how much Leon already reminds me of Kukui?

Hoping this post doesn't get drowned out.
The release date was confirmed to be November 15th bro

staindgrey

Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
I think I might be a little biased on the difficulty since I played without an experience share most of the time, so my pokemon tended to be a bit underleveled. I was more than grateful when Lily came around and restored the team to full.

On a side note, Olivia was my biggest challenge since I somehow managed to create a team where 5/6 pokemon were weak to Rock
*ponders all the types weak to rock*

...how did you even do that?

Potato_

Smash Lord
Yeah, it is a lame name.

I'm more partial to the name Jill.

Not Amused.

The whole scene on Exeggutor island? Completely removed.

Also, Gladion leaves for Kanto, not her.
I swear Lillie's lines to Lusamine during and after the fight against her at Aether Paradise were changed. I remember her being a lot more sympathetic and forgiving in USUM which felt very wrong considering what she'd done.

Yeah screw Lusamine and Lillie's entire development in that game. It was great in Sun and Moon and really didn't need to be changed at all.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Alright, think it's time for me to go.

Thank you all for the positives reactions, I know lots of bad stuff have happened, but it's thanks to alot of you that i'm so motivated at creating stuff, without you, I don't know if I be as happy as I am now, so, thanks for supporting a loser like me. :p

In all cases, have a good time here! See ya!

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
Alright, think it's time for me to go.

Thank you all for the positives reactions, I know lots of bad stuff have happened, but it's thanks to alot of you that i'm so motivated at creating stuff, without you, I don't know if I be as happy as I am now, so, thanks for supporting a loser like me. :p

In all cases, have a good time here! See ya!
Take good care.

But just know... Smashboards always finds a way to drag you back. /s

BlueMonk

Smash Champion
*ponders all the types weak to rock*

...how did you even do that?
I honestly have no idea. The only thing that wasn't weak was my alolan muk who didn't have any effective moves against rock. I had to get some staryu called "bubbles" from an NPC to beat her. Even then it took me ages.

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
imagine a leaker dropping this without context

1559771635782.png

who would everyone assume it's marketing?

staindgrey

Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696

Not Amused.

Not my problem.

On a tangentially related note, there seems to be a lot of buzz about a Dino Crisis reboot of all things. It's wishful thinking that we'd get both RE3make and a new Dino Crisis in the same year, but I trust Dusk Golem's Resident Evil track record. I wholeheartedly believe RE3make will be announced.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom