• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
It’s hard dude.

I know I’ve gotta be true to myself and all that, but what if you’re put in a situation where being a happy, friendly guy could land you in serious ****?
That’d tick me off, why wouldn’t someone want you to be happy and friendly?

There are certain situations where you shouldn’t be so happy and friendly, but that’s obvious. If they’re trying to make you tougher or something, this just ain’t it, and they shouldn’t try and force you to be someone else anyway.

Last edited:

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
One upside to the inclusion of franchises that you're unfamiliar with is that it can encourage you to look into those series. Thanks to Smash, I looked into games like Metal Gear Solid, Fire Emblem Awakening, Earthbound, and Persona 5, and now Persona 5's one of my favourite RPGs, and Metal Gear is one of my favourite video game franchises in general!

I enjoyed Earthbound and Fire Emblem Awakening, and while the other games that I've played in that series haven't replicated that magic (disclaimer: I haven't played Fire Emblem: Three Houses or Mother 3), I would have never considered getting them if not for Smash (and Awakening not having the perma-death mechanic).
And I'm not entirely opposed to taking chances and trying new things. I never really paid attention to Persona 5 until Joker got in Smash, but now I see how good of a game it was (still don't care about the games that came before it though).

Still, there are many franchises that I was already well aware of before they got represented in Smash. I know most of the remaining third-party series people bring up during speculation, and to be brutally honest, I don't care about a majority of them in the slightest. I've looked into them, I've even tried a few, but a newcomer from those franchises don't draw out any excitement from me.

Seeing new franchises get represented is cool, but I don't think there's anything wrong with wanting more of the old. Mario, Pokemon, Zelda - those are all franchises that I have a long history with, and I don't mind any of them getting a character in this DLC pass. Truth be told, I'd even rather get Edelgard over Hayabusa or Doom Slayer just because I'm more familiar with FE, and that's coming from someone who doesn't support another FE character as DLC.

Last edited:

Noipoi

Howdy!
That more or less depends on the exact scenario. Not sure what I could say there. Sorry.
Jeez

Y’know I wouldn’t say I’ve had a bad life, all things considered.

But I’ve been put in so many weird situations. I’ve experienced things a majority of people go their whole lives without thinking about. And at a certain point I just have to ask

Why me?

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Some news from the Pax DQ panel, the Hero alts (3/4/8) were Square Enix's suggestions.

“Square also said there should only be two music tracks from the series”
:p

Oh thank criminy

Your playing golden deer though, you should know the full backstory to:
Death knight. It’s in casper’s Paralouge

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
Jeez

Y’know I wouldn’t say I’ve had a bad life, all things considered.

But I’ve been put in so many weird situations. I’ve experienced things a majority of people go their whole lives without thinking about. And at a certain point I just have to ask

Why me?
No matter which life you live, it’s gonna have ****. Strangle the wad of **** until you can learn a lesson from it. Every wad of **** has a lesson somewhere in there. Just adapt those lessons into future situations and things will go easier. I’m no smart guy, but I can tell ya that much.

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
damn, sony finally came out and said it

There was a problem fetching the tweet

mainline persona is an exclusive franchise

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
damn, sony finally came out and said it

There was a problem fetching the tweet

mainline persona is an exclusive franchise
Makes sense why they'd be so protective of it now. On top of Nintendo's own successful IPs, a lot of third-parties have been porting to the Switch. Even if the quality of the games are subpar compared to the PS4, you have a portable version of a home console game. That's a huge selling point.

Last edited:

StormC

Smash Hero
The actual statement from Sony doesn't say anything about exclusivity, it just says they hope Persona continues to appear on Sony platforms.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Hey y'all just popping in to say I'm currently at the show with my friend about to begin an double feature of Ready or Not and Scary Stories to Tell in the Dark!

Anyways see y'all later!

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
It’s really hard to explain without getting into some deep **** I don’t wanna talk about.

Point is, now I gotta re-evaluate my very being. Who I am, what I love, what I do, what I want to do. Can you imagine someone telling you that you, as a person, are wrong? You haven’t done anything to anyone, you’re just trying to be happy, and someone sees a problem with that? And now I gotta change myself just to make sure that person doesn’t start ****.

It’s tiring.
A bit of self-reflection can be a good thing every now and again, and there is a place for intense self-reflection. I wouldn't have become the person I am today had I not been forced to take a real, critical look at myself, who I was, and who I wanted to be. It was a real difficult time for me, but I came out of it way stronger than I was before.

That being said, you ought to take measures to protect yourself and your ego. If you believe it's unfair criticism then push back. Tell 'em to buzz off and stand your ground. It's your life, not anyone else's. I believe Theodore Roosevelt puts it best when he says:

It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat."
It seems you're at an impasse. Take time to seriously consider what you want, and stick with it. Even if you walk the wrong path, the lessons you learn will change you for the better.

I wish you the best of luck. Let me know if I can help in any way.

DaybreakHorizon

NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
God damn I was gonna be creative today

All my motivation has been sucked outta me lmao
That happens.

Just take it easy today and get back to things tomorrow or whenever you're feeling better.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

It’s hard dude.

I know I’ve gotta be true to myself and all that, but what if you’re put in a situation where being a happy, friendly guy could land you in serious ****?
The contradiction with peace and happiness is that it's not always won by peaceful means and usually somebody is unhappy in the end. Someone out there is always willing to take it away. There's this one scene from a movie my brother grew up watching called Team America. It's pretty raunchy but it's incredibly true.
Here's the link because Smashboards would just censor the entire meaning of the scene.

I don't remember how old you are, but one thing a person learns as they go to college is that being true to yourself is for the people who can't adapt. The happy peaceful guys get ****ed over without strength, awareness, assertiveness, or sense. A mugger could pull a knife on you and all you can do is follow his demands without strength.

Fight, plan, and live for your own peace because no one else will give it to you. That's the essence of the American dream.

Last edited by a moderator:

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870
It’s really hard to explain without getting into some deep **** I don’t wanna talk about.

Point is, now I gotta re-evaluate my very being. Who I am, what I love, what I do, what I want to do. Can you imagine someone telling you that you, as a person, are wrong? You haven’t done anything to anyone, you’re just trying to be happy, and someone sees a problem with that? And now I gotta change myself just to make sure that person doesn’t start ****.

It’s tiring.
Don't let toxicity get you down. If you let toxic people bring down your own opinion about yourself, you lose your spirit.

You're better than you think you are.

DaybreakHorizon

NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
I don't remember how old you are, but one thing a person learns as they go to college is that being true to yourself is for the people who can't adapt. The happy peaceful guys get ****ed over without strength, awareness, assertiveness, or sense. A mugger could pull a knife on you and all you can do is follow your demands without strength.

Fight, plan, and live for your own peace because no one else will give it to you. That's the essence of the American dream.
I might be missing the point here, but it's quite possible to stay true to yourself while also being strong in who you are.

It's certainly not easy at times, but it's possible.

Source: Am staying true to myself while also making sure people don't screw me over.

Last edited:

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Sorry to hear that you are really going through a rough time, Noipoi Noipoi , and that it has got you down so much. Let us hope the near future will be better for you.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
I might be missing the point here, but it's quite possible to stay true to yourself while also being strong in who you are.

It's certainly not easy at times, but it's possible.

Source: Am staying true to myself while also making sure people don't screw me over.
Yeah, you can have strength for situations while still being a happy peaceful dude most of the time. We don’t gotta act serious and paranoid about things that may or may not happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom