• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
Tbh I would be perfectly happy with a Steve mii costume if he doesn’t get in, but I’d still much rather have him as actually being in the game and as a fighter, and I would continue the campaign in someway for the next game.

Really though, mii costumes are only nice to pretend and serve as a nod, and usually a mii’s moves don’t fit the character and otherwise are only something a character could potentially do (though none of their moves actually fit Steve except a sword slash).

edit: well I wouldn’t be “perfectly” happy, but I’d at least like a mii costume more than nothing. So, I’d still be somewhat happy, just still disappointed...

Last edited:

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
I come into this thread for the first time in ages and y'all are really having a pun-off in here. :urg:

Lesson learned!

D

Deleted member

Obviously it would be shortened to TWSS Studios haha

On an unrelated note:
Character 4: Spyro
Character 5: Agumon

Fighter Pass 2 announced

Character 1: Shantae
Character 2: Morrigan Aensland
Character 3: Waluigi
Character 4: Earthworm Jim
Character 5: Doom Slayer

Yay or Nay?
Still no Geno..

Get rid of Morrigan Aensland or Earthworm Jim and add Geno then that's a yeah from me but if no Geno? Pass.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
You never say hi anymore.

You never call.

You never leave a note.

I feel betrayed, Strong Bad.
Dear Ralsei,

I wrote you, but you still ain't callin.
I left my cell, my pager, and my home phone at the bottom.
I sent two letters back in autumn, you must not have got'em.

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
Tbh I would be perfectly happy with a Steve mii costume if he doesn’t get in, but I’d still much rather have him as actually being in the game and as a fighter, and I would continue the campaign in someway for the next game.

Really though, mii costumes are only nice to pretend and serve as a nod, and usually a mii’s moves don’t fit the character and otherwise are only something a character could potentially do (though none of their moves actually fit Steve except a sword slash).
I think they did a good job with Miis for the most part. But I do think they could have done more to pick moves around the types of characters people would like to play as, particularly those with Mii costumes in the game. Would be a better workaround--along with making Mii costumes look more like the characters... I dislike most Mii costumes because they're obviously Miis. Exceptions are Skull Kid, Ashley, Isaac, and Toad where I can more or less make them look like their characters. But the Tails costume? Would work better as a head covering the face.

Doesn't help in the case of Steve, but I still do like using Mii costumes as a way of playing more characters outside of those that got in. I try to give Isaac earthy moves, and for Ashley more magical moves. I consider it better than nothing, and in some respects, better than assists, as I feel like I can sort of play as them, rather than watch them. But I go back and forth on that.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
I think they did a good job with Miis for the most part. But I do think they could have done more to pick moves around the types of characters people would like to play as, particularly those with Mii costumes in the game. Would be a better workaround--along with making Mii costumes look more like the characters... I dislike most Mii costumes because they're obviously Miis. Exceptions are Skull Kid, Ashley, Isaac, and Toad where I can more or less make them look like their characters. But the Tails costume? Would work better as a head covering the face.

Doesn't help in the case of Steve, but I still do like using Mii costumes as a way of playing more characters outside of those that got in. I try to give Isaac earthy moves, and for Ashley more magical moves. I consider it better than nothing, and in some respects, better than assists, as I feel like I can sort of play as them, rather than watch them. But I go back and forth on that.
Yeah I think mii costumes are very nice, though while I’m still happy we got something for Skull Kid, etc. (and hopefully Steve and Geno if they’re not in), I do feel disappointment that they’re not actually playable with their own, fitting moves. Miis having moves based on those characters could help alleviate that, though it’d still suck that it’s not actually the character tbh.

StormC

Smash Hero
Obviously it would be shortened to TWSS Studios haha

On an unrelated note:
Character 4: Spyro
Character 5: Agumon

Fighter Pass 2 announced

Character 1: Shantae
Character 2: Morrigan Aensland
Character 3: Waluigi
Character 4: Earthworm Jim
Character 5: Doom Slayer

Yay or Nay?
Pass.

Agumon is pointless without anime music.

D

Deleted member

Here's how I would do the final two DLC Characters + A new pass if such scenario comes to pass I'd love to hear what you think (All bets are off btw):

Pass 1; Fighter 4: Doom Guy (Represents an unrepresented franchise with FPS and he would be the best choice since he's the granddad of all FPS')
Pass 1; Fighter 5: Phoenix Wright (Would have a unique and fun moveset and he's probably the Capcom rep with the best Nintendo history)

Pass 2; Fighter 1: Geno (One of the five never-evers, 20+ years of fan following and represents the height of Square and Nintendo's relationship)
Pass 2; Fighter 2: Rex/Pyra (XC2 sold pretty well, They have a decent following, Xenoblade is becoming one of Nintendo's bigger franchises, Etc.)
Pass 2; Fighter 3: Shantae (First indie rep, Has a history with Nintendo dating back to the Gameboy color, Has decent moveset potential, etc.)
Pass 2; Fighter 4: Dante (Has decent moveset potential, From a big franchise and said franchise has said sized following, DMC ports are happening, Etc.)
Pass 2; Fighter 5: Isaac (Last of the five never-evers, Represents an unrepresented Nintendo franchise, Has good moveset potential, Etc.)

Also no hard feelings Waluigi fans I had a hard time deciding between Isaac and you but really Isaac and Golden Sun fans need it more they appear in nothing nowadays while you have an entire section of Mario that Waluigi appears in frequently.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
I wonder when that Project Dreams or whatever its called will come out. I've seen some cool fan remakes in it. There's a lot of potential in it.

Oh, and for anyone who cares, Yakuza 7 got announced. It'll hit Japan, Korea and China on January 16th 2020, and the USA and Europe later that year.
It'll be a turn based RPG and the open world that the characters are in will be about 3x times larger than what they did before. Which doesn't sound too insane, since from the little I know about the games, the previous titles were a compact 15 or so city blocks.

It's on PS4. Not too surprising since the new consoles, or at least Microsoft's NEXTBOX will be holiday season that year.

Last edited:

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
Here's how I would do the final two DLC Characters + A new pass if such scenario comes to pass I'd love to hear what you think (All bets are off btw):

Pass 1; Fighter 4: Doom Guy (Represents an unrepresented franchise with FPS and he would be the best choice since he's the granddad of all FPS')
Pass 1; Fighter 5: Phoenix Wright (Would have a unique and fun moveset and he's probably the Capcom rep with the best Nintendo history)

Pass 2; Fighter 1: Geno (One of the five never-evers, 20+ years of fan following and represents the height of Square and Nintendo's relationship)
Pass 2; Fighter 2: Rex/Pyra (XC2 sold pretty well, They have a decent following, Xenoblade is becoming one of Nintendo's bigger franchises, Etc.)
Pass 2; Fighter 3: Shantae (First indie rep, Has a history with Nintendo dating back to the Gameboy color, Has decent moveset potential, etc.)
Pass 2; Fighter 4: Dante (Has decent moveset potential, From a big franchise and said franchise has said sized following, DMC ports are happening, Etc.)
Pass 2; Fighter 5: Isaac (Last of the five never-evers, Represents an unrepresented Nintendo franchise, Has good moveset potential, Etc.)

Also no hard feelings Waluigi fans I had a hard time deciding between Isaac and you but really Isaac and Golden Sun fans need it more they appear in nothing nowadays while you have an entire section of Mario that Waluigi appears in frequently.
Dunno if I can go into enough detail explaining them but here’s my picks for the rest and possible second pass:

4. Ryu Hayabusa
5. Terry Bogard

Pass 2:
1. Rayman
2. Jill Valentine/Leon Kennedy Echo
3. Nightmare/Siegfried Echo
4. Shantae
5. Geno

MSmariosonic

Smash Hero
NNID
kidtendo1996
3DS FC
3566-1932-7732
Switch FC
SW 0383 4539 4118
I'd do it like so:

4. Phoenix Wright
5. Lloyd Irving

1. Doom Guy
2. Tekken rep
3. Resident Evil rep
4. Ryu Hayabusa
5. Dante*

* Two Capcom reps in one pass?! Highly unlikely but would be incredibly dope!

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
I'm back non-Yoshi peoples!!!

I would post a ton of pictures of my time in Arkansas, but I am pooped after the itinerary, the flights and the time zone wonkiness. Besides, I haven't been sent all the pics anyways...

Seriously my mom is like a real life Clark Griswald :yoshi:

D

Deleted member

I'd do it like so:

4. Phoenix Wright
5. Lloyd Irving

1. Doom Guy
2. Tekken rep
3. Resident Evil rep
4. Ryu Hayabusa
5. Dante*

* Two Capcom reps in one pass?! Highly unlikely but would be incredibly dope!
You really have a fascination for Capcom characters huh? They have a lot of good characters but wow. I'd honestly not be opposed though as long as I get my Geno I'm happy tbh.
Dunno if I can go into enough detail explaining them but here’s my picks for the rest and possible second pass:

4. Ryu Hayabusa
5. Terry Bogard

Pass 2:
1. Rayman
2. Jill Valentine/Leon Kennedy Echo
3. Nightmare/Siegfried Echo
4. Shantae
5. Geno
Also speaking of that thank you for adding Geno. I would so be down for this.

Last edited by a moderator:

Shroob

Sup?
I'm back non-Yoshi peoples!!!

I would post a ton of pictures of my time in Arkansas, but I am pooped after the itinerary, the flights and the time zone wonkiness. Besides, I haven't been sent all the pics anyways...

Seriously my mom is like a real life Clark Griswald :yoshi:
I was wondering where you were. Had me worried.

KarneraMythos

Smash Champion

Neat idea, here's mine:
Pass 1; Fighter 4: KOS-MOS – A crossover icon in gaming with a wide plethora of tools at her disposal, still regarded fondly by her parent companies.
Pass 1; Fighter 5: Ryu Hayabusa – The first playable Koei-Tecmo rep and one of the last retro icons in the gaming industry. They would be a real treat.

Pass 2; Fighter 1: Doomslayer – Another western icon representing a genre yet to be seen in Smash, being the god-father of modern FPS games.
Pass 2; Fighter 2: Reimu – The quintessential Indie rep dating back to the 90's. Her franchise is a pop-culture phenomenon in Japan to this very day.
Pass 2; Fighter 3: Geno – The first "Spirit Upgrade" in the roster, being the "Banjo" of the Fighter's Pass for a fanbase that was ridiculed far too long.
Pass 2; Fighter 4: Dante – The god-father of the hack'n'slash genre and a very popular request, be it for the memes, Bayonetta, and the coolness factor.
Pass 2; Fighter 5: Rex/Pyra – A much-needed Xenoblade rep from a successful sequel entry on the Switch, with popularity and move-set potential.

And just to humor the idea of the "10 extra slots" theory...

Pass 3; Fighter 1: Crash – A mascot from the Playstation era whose platforming was unique in its time, and another highly-requested character.
Pass 3; Fighter 2: Artoria – Another iconic hero with roots in visual novels, whose popularity exploded further with the immense success behind FGO.
Pass 3; Fighter 3: Isaac – The first-ever Assist Trophy upgrade within the same game. Like Geno and Banjo, Isaac is a promoted character of sorts.
Pass 3; Fighter 4: Phoenix Wright – A beloved fan-favorite from Capcom, whose games had their roots in Nintendo as well as a crossover background.
Pass 3; Fighter 5: Marina Liteyears – A Wild Card pick representing Treasure, coming from a cult classic and a fan request since the very beginning.

Some of these are obviously my own bias, while others are based on characters that get talked a whole bunch, so I decided to give everyone a little something.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Her phone had died and I was stuck and work for several hours, so I got pretty stressed out again. Immediately headed over to the hospital she was staying at to check on her (and bring her a portable charger).

They're keeping her overnight. They know from the blood test that she definitely has an infection, but it doesn't seem like they've fully pinned it down just yet. Her appendix didn't show up in the scan, which apparently means the area around it is inflamed. Her fever is gone but she (still) is dehydrated and having a hard time holding down water.

She seemed to be doing okay though. She seemed more concerned with how much it was all going to cost then about her health. As I suspected, I was more stressed out about it then she was.

Being able to see her in person was seriously a huge weight off my chest though. I already feel better then I did an hour ago.

MSmariosonic

Smash Hero
NNID
kidtendo1996
3DS FC
3566-1932-7732
Switch FC
SW 0383 4539 4118
You really have a fascination for Capcom characters huh? They have a lot of good characters but wow. I'd honestly not be opposed though as long as I get my Geno I'm happy tbh.
Well, they are my favorite 3rd party developers so one might say I'm fascinated by them. But can you blame me? They have such a great library.

D

Deleted member

Neat idea, here's mine:
Pass 1; Fighter 4: KOS-MOS – A crossover icon in gaming with a wide plethora of tools at her disposal, still regarded fondly by her parent companies.
Pass 1; Fighter 5: Ryu Hayabusa – The first playable Koei-Tecmo rep and one of the last retro icons in the gaming industry. They would be a real treat.

Pass 2; Fighter 1: Doomslayer – Another western icon representing a genre yet to be seen in Smash, being the god-father of modern FPS games.
Pass 2; Fighter 2: Reimu – The quintessential Indie rep dating back to the 90's. Her franchise is a pop-culture phenomenon in Japan to this very day.
Pass 2; Fighter 3: Geno – The first "Spirit Upgrade" in the roster, being the "Banjo" of the Fighter's Pass for a fanbase that was ridiculed far too long.
Pass 2; Fighter 4: Dante – The god-father of the hack'n'slash genre and a very popular request, be it for the memes, Bayonetta, and the coolness factor.
Pass 2; Fighter 5: Rex/Pyra – A much-needed Xenoblade rep from a successful sequel entry on the Switch, with popularity and move-set potential.

And just to humor the idea of the "10 extra slots" theory...

Pass 3; Fighter 1: Crash – A mascot from the Playstation era whose platforming was unique in its time, and another highly-requested character.
Pass 3; Fighter 2: Artoria – Another iconic hero with roots in visual novels, whose popularity exploded further with the immense success behind FGO.
Pass 3; Fighter 3: Isaac – The first-ever Assist Trophy upgrade within the same game. Like Geno and Banjo, Isaac is a promoted character of sorts.
Pass 3; Fighter 4: Phoenix Wright – A beloved fan-favorite from Capcom, whose games had their roots in Nintendo as well as a crossover background.
Pass 3; Fighter 5: Marina Liteyears – A Wild Card pick representing Treasure, coming from a cult classic and a fan request since the very beginning.

Some of these are obviously my own bias, while others are based on characters that get talked a whole bunch, so I decided to give everyone a little something.
Well if we're adding another 5 and with Assist upgrades you already know I gotta do it to 'em:

Pass 3; Fighter 1: Shadow (Easy "Semi-Clone" like Luigi with a lot of move-set Potential and he's somewhat requested too)
Pass 3; Fighter 2: Mach Rider (My Preferred Retro rep, Could have a very fun and interesting move-set, Etc.)
Pass 3; Fighter 3: Chorus Kids (Represents an unrepresented franchise, Was worked on for Smash 4 but got Scrapped so they should get the runback, Could have a fun Move-Set, Etc.)
Pass 3; Fighter 4: Waluigi (The Quintessential AT upgrade, Unique Move-set, Completes the quartet of Plumbers, Etc.)
Pass 3; Fighter 5: Dixie Kong (Completes the DKC cast, Could be a fun "Semi Clone" like Luigi, Decently requested, Etc.)

Well, they are my favorite 3rd party developers so one might say I'm fascinated by them. But can you blame me? They have such a great library.
Nah I can't blame ya they do have a very good cast of characters like Phoenix Wright, Zero, Jill/Leon, Amaterasu, Etc. Very good cast of characters.

Last edited by a moderator:

KarneraMythos

Smash Champion
Don't sweat it. Capcom is almost universally praised for having lovable characters. When it comes to all sorts of crossover scenarios, it just works. There is usually an overlap between the characters and their fanbases. Dante is my third Most-Wanted character, and I whole heartedly support Phoenix, Morrigan, Jill/Leon, Ammy, Strider, etc. They're just that awesome.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
capcom franchises.jpg

Last edited:

StormC

Smash Hero
The more I think about it, the more bummed I am that Bomberman is out of the running for the Fighters Pass. None of the third party characters left would probably get me as excited as Bomberman would; his games were as much of a staple in my household as Nintendo. My inner N64 child would be utterly tickled at Banjo sharing a Fighters Pass with Bomberman.

After Dixie Kong, I think Bomberman is the Smash character I'd want to see the most, giving it some thought, even superseding Bandana Dee. (At least ruling out Never Ever characters like Eggman and Grunty.) Here's hoping for Smash 6.

Last edited:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed

All bets are off? That feels.... not right. But if that’s how we’re playing..... I’m still playing whatever rules i’ve previously established. (Although if I could upgrade 3 Assist trophies, it would be Isaac, Shovel Knight, and Spring Man)

Character 4: Crash Bandicoot
Character 5: Heihachi Mishima

Bonus Fighter: Geno

Character 6: Leon S. Kennedy
Character 7: Rayman
Character 8: Tracer
Character 9: DoomSlayer
Character 10: Kratos

Edit: Why am I awake at this time of night.

Just saw this
Well if we're adding another 5 and with Assist upgrades you already know I gotta do it to 'em:

Pass 3; Fighter 1: Shadow (Easy "Semi-Clone" like Luigi with a lot of move-set Potential and he's somewhat requested too)
Pass 3; Fighter 2: Mach Rider (My Preferred Retro rep, Could have a very fun and interesting move-set, Etc.)
Pass 3; Fighter 3: Chorus Kids (Represents an unrepresented franchise, Was worked on for Smash 4 but got Scrapped so they should get the runback, Could have a fun Move-Set, Etc.)
Pass 3; Fighter 4: Waluigi (The Quintessential AT upgrade, Unique Move-set, Completes the quartet of Plumbers, Etc.)
Pass 3; Fighter 5: Dixie Kong (Completes the DKC cast, Could be a fun "Semi Clone" like Luigi, Decently requested, Etc.)

Nah I can't blame ya they do have a very good cast of characters like Phoenix Wright, Zero, Jill/Leon, Amaterasu, Etc. Very good cast of characters.
So now I gotta do a third pass, so....

Character 11: Ryu Hayabusa
Character 12: Billy Lee/Jimmy Lee
Character 13: Red (Angry Birds)
Character 14: Cooking Mama
Character 15: Professor Layton
Character 16: Son Goku

Last edited:

StormC

Smash Hero
I'd probably want the second pass to focus on first party characters.

Joker
Hero
Banjo & Kazooie
Crash Bandicoot
Leon Kennedy

Dixie Kong
Bandana Dee
Ganon
Kamek
Isaac

Selfishly I wanted to put Lip in the last spot for Isaac (and I would if Assist Trophies could not be promoted in a second pass), but Golden Sun fans could use the love and I'm sympathetic as a K. Rool supporter.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Okay. If the Zelda series ever has a female protagonist, please don’t name her Linkle. That name is just dumb.
I'd probably want the second pass to focus on first party characters.

Joker
Hero
Banjo & Kazooie
Crash Bandicoot
Leon Kennedy

Dixie Kong
Bandana Dee
Ganon
Kamek
Isaac

Selfishly I wanted to put Lip in the last spot for Isaac (and I would if Assist Trophies could not be promoted in a second pass), but Golden Sun fans could use the love and I'm sympathetic as a K. Rool supporter.
I still don’t think that the passes would have characters from franchises already represented in the game, but if I HAD to do an all first party pass.....

Officer Howard (Astral Chain)
Alex Roivas (Eternal Darkness)
Andy (Advance Wars)
Wonder-Red (Wonderful 101)
Isaac (Golden Sun)

Including an upgraded assist Tropy still feels wrong. But what do I care, It’s 6 in the morning and I really should go back to sleep.

StormC

Smash Hero
You don’t know that lol. Saying it’s not happening definitely is just as foolish as definitely saying it will. We just don’t know as no statement has been made which actually means that it won’t happen.
As Thanos would say, reality is often disappointing.

StormC

Smash Hero
Yeah. Super disappointing that we still don’t have Ridley. Or K. Rool. Or Banjo.

Reality can be just as rewarding as it is disappointing. All this tells me is that you are a pessimist.
Sakurai's recent statement that DLC is not as profitable as it would seem was all the confirmation I needed that this is the only DLC we're getting.

Feel free to jump on my alerts in February if I'm wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom