• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
Hmmm... getting some serious chairs vibes form this.

Sakurai isn't the type of person to tease a reveal far ahead of time.

People really shouldn't try to look for hints where there are none

This is what we call cherry picking
I mean you did specify far ahead of time, but it should also be mentioned that he does tease--just rarely. In the case of Hero, it was the fake Smash ball, which I guess teased Kamikazee.

As for trailer theory--any character could be used to show similarities to previous trailers. It basically comes down to "here are the characters I want, here are parts of the trailers that fit [insert character here]." I won't be lying that the jungle theme did remind me a bit of Crash, but the simpler explanation is it was always meant for King K Rool, and used for Banjo & Kazooie's as a joke. Any similarities beyond that is coincidental.

Shadowwolflink

Smash Master
I’m sure it would look great on the resumes of anyone working there.
Obviously it would be shortened to TWSS Studios haha

On an unrelated note:
Character 4: Spyro
Character 5: Agumon

Fighter Pass 2 announced

Character 1: Shantae
Character 2: Morrigan Aensland
Character 3: Waluigi
Character 4: Earthworm Jim
Character 5: Doom Slayer

Yay or Nay?

Wyoming

Connery, Sean
Switch FC
7748-5364-3982
I mean you did specify far ahead of time, but it should also be mentioned that he does tease--just rarely. In the case of Hero, it was the fake Smash ball, which I guess teased Kamikazee..
Now that's a stretch

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
I mean you did specify far ahead of time, but it should also be mentioned that he does tease--just rarely. In the case of Hero, it was the fake Smash ball, which I guess teased Kamikazee.

As for trailer theory--any character could be used to show similarities to previous trailers. It basically comes down to "here are the characters I want, here are parts of the trailers that fit [insert character here]." I won't be lying that the jungle theme did remind me a bit of Crash, but the simpler explanation is it was always meant for King K Rool, and used for Banjo & Kazooie's as a joke. Any similarities beyond that is coincidental.
I still think Crash is one of the most likely characters for one of the last two characters.

Shadowwolflink

Smash Master

If anything, the Fake Smash Ball was a hint to us actually getting 2 characters.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed

On an unrelated note:

Fighter Pass 2 announced

Yay or Nay?
Spyro before Crash?
Morrigan and not Dante or Resident Evil?
Waluigi?

Those are some pretty big points in the Nay Collum.

But Shantae, DoomSlayer, and Earthworm Jim are huge yays.

And sense Augumon is just kind of a meh....

I think you made a perfectly down the middle set of characters.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585

On an unrelated note:

Fighter Pass 2 announced

Yay or Nay?
absolute nay

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
I highly doubt that, tbh.

Sure, they might have had the DLC already planned out by that time, but why, when the full game wasn't even out yet, would they tease something like that from DLC before something in base, especially nearly a year ahead of time?

It just doesn't make sense

Last edited:

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493

On an unrelated note:

Fighter Pass 2 announced

Yay or Nay?
Is it bad that the only character I’d be excited about is Shantae?

Shadowwolflink

Smash Master
Spyro before Crash?
Morrigan and not Dante or Resident Evil?
Waluigi?

Those are some pretty big points in the Nay Collum.

But Shantae, DoomSlayer, and Earthworm Jim are huge yays.

And sense Augumon is just kind of a meh....

I think you made a perfectly down the middle set of characters.
Perfectly balanced, as all thing shou-- just like Sakurai would want.

As for why I picked certain characters,
Spyro I would see as cross promotion for the Reignited Trilogy.
Agumon could promote the upcoming Digimon game.
Shantae would promote The 7 Maidens.
Doom Slayer would promote Doom: Eternal.
Morrigan wouldn't be promoting anything (unless there's a secret Darkstalkers game in development), but I do think she could have an interesting moveset and people have been wanting both more female characters and another fighting game character.
Waluigi would be announced as the "fan demand character" or something like that.
And Jim strikes me as a similar choice to Joker, an out of left field pick that screams Sakurai to me.

At the end of the day they're just characters that I'm interested in.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
Steve will bring a majority of happiness.

But I can taste the minority of salt stinging my tongue. That’s okay, “brine” comes with a lot of it.

Teach those rude anti-Steve trolls and jerks a lesson, Sakurai.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

If anything, the Smash logo in Inkling's eye was a hint that we'd get a Smash game

Also seeing people go absolutely feral about the mere possibility of Tracer in Smash has helped me realize Smash fans are just cultists
Dunno, I find it funny that no one bats an eye when its other characters being humored but when someone like Steve or Tracer is being considered people try to discard them quickly.

BlueMonk

Smash Champion
remember when E3 rolled around and people were still trying to say ultimate was a port lol

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
Dunno, I find it funny that no one bats an eye when its other characters being humored but when someone like Steve or Tracer is being considered people try to discard them quickly.
People just try to discard what doesn't fit their own wants and desires. Tracer and Steve probably get it the worst since there's a notable hatebase for their games already, but you could probably find it for any character that isn't popular and/or highly speculated within the Smash bubble.

Last edited:

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
I find Steve’s case to be a weird one; in the hardcore Smash bubble, you still have a decent number of Steve fans but a lot of hateful jerks arguing against him sometimes with made up assumptions and misinformation, but outside of it you can find plenty of fans, whether it’s builds, fan art, that Smash animated moveset YouTube video with over 120k likes, or general social media like twitter.

Last edited:

Shadowwolflink

Smash Master
So, I've never been a fan of the idea of Steve in Smash, but I'm certainly not opposed to Minecraft content in the game.

I could see Minecraft inspired Mii hats (Steve, Creeper, Skeleton, Zombie)
Minecraft stage
Ender Dragon boss
Diamond Sword item (does huge damage with a small amount of kickback, but breaks after a few hits)
Creeper assist trophy (appears on the stage and makes the classic "hiss" sound when close to a player, then explodes if they don't leave its range, blast radius is the whole screen, damaging ALL players, even the summoner. All players have to work together to take out the Creeper.)

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
Conquest has the batter characters
Conquest has the same issues with characters like Birthright does though.

Namely that side characters barely got much spotlight with the royals taking up almost all of it, and a lot of the Conquest characters can be considered too trope-y as well.

Last edited:

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
Now that's a stretch
I highly doubt that, tbh.

Sure, they might have had the DLC already planned out by that time, but why, when the full game wasn't even out yet, would they tease something like that from DLC before something in base, especially nearly a year ahead of time?

It just doesn't make sense
I'm talking about the fake Smash ball moment at the Smash Tournament before E3. It's why I mentioned it wasn't "far ahead of time", but still a tease.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
If anything, the Smash logo in Inkling's eye was a hint that we'd get a Smash game

Also seeing people go absolutely feral about the mere possibility of Tracer in Smash has helped me realize Smash fans are just cultists
"Cultist" is underselling it.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
So. Pokemon Masters IS out, but apparently my device isn't compatible.

Okay.
My phone isn't compatible either. I'm slightly disappointed but it's probably for the best.

Gachas lure you in by showering you with free stuff while you start, leaving you thirsty for more when the flow of premium currency finally stops.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
Take a shot for every time CJ said the word Steve in the last 20 minutes
Dude don’t put yourself in danger like that, that’s way too much alcohol.

So, I've never been a fan of the idea of Steve in Smash, but I'm certainly not opposed to Minecraft content in the game.

I could see Minecraft inspired Mii hats (Steve, Creeper, Skeleton, Zombie)
Minecraft stage
Ender Dragon boss
Diamond Sword item (does huge damage with a small amount of kickback, but breaks after a few hits)
Creeper assist trophy (appears on the stage and makes the classic "hiss" sound when close to a player, then explodes if they don't leave its range, blast radius is the whole screen, damaging ALL players, even the summoner. All players have to work together to take out the Creeper.)
This would all be very nice.

But I’d still be disappointed they didn’t make Steve playable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom