• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
I was Team Fake, if only for Mach Rider tipping me off

And that it felt like a wishlist that was too good to be true

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
I still think the Grinch leak is real and that we just have to wait a bit for the Grinch to bless us with his fabled fighters
look see, he's already given us ken and banjo

now if only someone would rid us of that pesky tony the tiger

Raxxel

Hipster Heavyweight Champ
NNID
RaxxelAintHappy
3DS FC
2921-9637-8816
Oh yeah hey did you guys see this

This the reason we're not getting a new F-Zero btw. He's ****ing dead.

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
I was Team Fake, if only for Mach Rider tipping me off

And that it felt like a wishlist that was too good to be true
Main reasons why I thought it was fake is because...

1. Incineroar was nowhere to be seen, and Verge blatantly said it was in. His track record was spot on so far.
2. Five unique newcomers in one Direct seemed to contradict Sakurai asking fans not to expect too many newcomers.
3. Being so close to release, it would've been dumb not advertising all these characters sooner.

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
I was leaving the con and saw this cute dog. I’ve never opened up the camera app so fast before.

I would show you but the image machine is * * * * i n g d e a d

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
K, but do you really want 100 The Quartering and No Bull**** vids on how Pokemon turned SJW?
My dude there's people screaming about SJWS because of Prime 4 being delayed and people are screaming about She Hulk being feminist cancer and that they shouldn't need to make Hulk trans alongside babies crying that Moon Knight is gonna be played by Laverne Cox and ****. They'll cry no matter what
Even if they did, the american localization would have changed it.
I meant the localization

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Main reasons why I thought it was fake is because...

1. Incineroar was nowhere to be seen, and Verge blatantly said it was in. His track record was spot on so far.
2. Five unique newcomers in one Direct seemed to contradict Sakurai asking fans not to expect too many newcomers.
3. Being so close to release, it would've been dumb not advertising all these characters sooner.
Yeah. I had to admit that the proximity to launch was the main reason it was fake. I didn’t really believe it, moreso, desperately wanted it to be true.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
My dude there's people screaming about SJWS because of Prime 4 being delayed and people are screaming about She Hulk being feminist cancer and that they shouldn't need to make Hulk trans alongside babies crying that Moon Knight is gonna be played by Laverne Cox and ****. They'll cry no matter what

I meant the localization
Wait what.

They do know She-Hulk is like, her own character right?

Also, is Laverne Cox really gonna play Moon Knight? Or are they making that up?

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Not to disregard your point, I have never heard anything about Prime 4's delay being related to the SJW bogeyman.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Wait what.

They do know She-Hulk is like, her own character right?

Also, is Laverne Cox really gonna play Moon Knight? Or are they making that up?
They do not lmaooooo. She Hulk's been around for nearly half a century yet these fake nerd boys are just trying to get in our pants smh

"WAAAAAH THE SJWS ARE PROBABLY GONNA MAKE MOON KNIGHT A TRANS BLACK WAAAAAAH WHY IS A MUSLIM THING WITH BRIE LARSON EXISTING". So yeah, made up

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
They do not lmaooooo. She Hulk's been around for nearly half a century yet these fake nerd boys are just trying to get in our pants smh

"WAAAAAH THE SJWS ARE PROBABLY GONNA MAKE MOON KNIGHT A TRANS BLACK WAAAAAAH WHY IS A MUSLIM THING WITH BRIE LARSON EXISTING". So yeah, made up
I wish someone would try to get in my pants.

JK. They can’t because I don’t wear pants.

And just for that reaction, I actually WANT Moon Knight to be a trans black woman. Stick it to them.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Speaking of Marvel, I hope Captain Marvel 2 gets a new writer, because some of the dialouge and moments were just... awful.
I don’t understand this POV tbh. Like, I thought the movie was great.

It exists, I'd show a picture of it but the images broke again apparantly
Make like the Hero of Time and Link it.

Last edited:

Gyrom8

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-4844-4242-3130
Was team 'probably fake', but my issue was less with the numbers of characters (though five unique newcomers was sus as ****), more that it seemed like a carefully calculated selection made by fans, not by Sakurai - who as he showed with the Plant, is still able to go confound our expectations and pattern-based theorising

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
I was 75% on it being real. It felt like the story of it being fake was more ludicrous than the story of it being real--and it was. And it had inspired choices for the roster--had we gotten more characters, that seemed to tick all of the boxes. I actually think Mach Rider made it seem more likely--not a character I expected, but made perfect sense in hindsight.

As it got closer to November, it seemed less and less likely. How could they reveal 7 characters in that amount of time? Then we learned the final Smash Direct was the longest Direct at 40 minutes. That was a great sign, although it still felt too much all at once. I was at 50/50 at that point.

But to me what was disappointing was not that the Grinch banner was false--I would have been disappointed had the Grinch banner never came up--it was that Box Theory was true. It felt completely lopsided--revealed the most characters in the shortest presentation first, revealed the least (and most expected, rumors or not) in the longest presentation last. Still don't understand that. Less unique characters than Smash 64--started doubting if I preferred Ultimate to getting a more typical sequel at that point.

So, I can understand those that were disappointed, and I can understand the shock for those who were far more certain of its veracity than me. I certainly needed to take some time to reflect on it, and part of me misses that time period given how active it was (well, except for the toxicity--I'll take slow to toxic any day). But during that time reflecting I remember saying after the August Direct, "They packed $90 worth of content here," but was still not fully satisfied personally with the new content. So after reflection when I think of Ultimate + Fighter's Pass as the full game, many of my reservations seemed inconsequential by that point and I was back in.

BlueMonk

Smash Champion
I was leaning real on the grinch leak but I wasn't surprised when it was fake, nor did I care

It really made me think of the Grinch in a whole new way though and for that I am eternally grateful

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior

Make like the Hero of Time and Link it.
At worst it was just an average Marvel movie. Which is perfectly fine

I'll link this instead

And yes this is one of the many dudes screaming about Marvel trying to murder white men because Captain Marvel exists

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
It was average IMO. Not bad, here was some entertaining moments, some boring moments, but there wasn't a point where I was on the edge of my seat like other MCU movies. Just felt like an average Superhero film from the 2000s.

Like, more power to you if you thought it was great, but I feel as of it could be better.

Also, they really overhyped her for Endgame, when all she got was like a 5 minute cameo lol.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
I’m bored so

What features do you expect to be added to future Smash updates? What would you like to see?

Raxxel

Hipster Heavyweight Champ
NNID
RaxxelAintHappy
3DS FC
2921-9637-8816

These are the same people who call others snowflakes btw.

Never gonna forget the torture that was sifting through complaints about female costumes not being sexy in MK11 just to find any real discussion about the game. Unbelievably annoying. These people suck lmao.

Noipoi

Howdy!
I’ve compiled a list of all the people whom I hate, and why.

staindgrey staindgrey I asked if I could have his toilet, He said no, i’ll never forgive him

Zinith Zinith I bet him I could eat nails and survive. My tongue is mangled now. WHY DIDN’T YOU STOP ME?

@Taylor F I asked him what the “F” stood for. He told me the answer. I didn’t like the answer because it wasn’t funnel cake.

Guh-Huzzah! Guh-Huzzah! I wanted to know how many live chickens he’s eaten. He said none. That’s an unacceptable number.

TheMightyP TheMightyP He ate an apple. That’s illegal in my home country.

Professor Pumpkaboo Professor Pumpkaboo the Geoff incident.

Ramen Tengoku Ramen Tengoku I ate his pants. They weren’t very tasty.

Gentlepanda Gentlepanda He used a “No U” card on me, and now my species is endangered.

Wademan94 Wademan94 he keeps telling me to stop kidnapping puppies. Why are you trying to discourage my hobbies???

Last edited:

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
I’m bored so

What features do you expect to be added to future Smash updates? What would you like to see?
Probably the only feature I'd be interested in would be Smashdown Online. I can't think of anything that would fundamentally change things up that I would like--a better single player option, but that's not happening. Even a boss rush mode doesn't interest me personally, even if Grunty came with it (well, I'd be excited for the Grunty, not the boss rush mode itself). But I'm curious to hear what others think is likely, perhaps there's something I hadn't considered that I'd be interested in.

D

Deleted member

staindgrey staindgrey I asked if I could have his toilet, He said no, i’ll never forgive him

Zinith Zinith I bet him I could eat nails and survive. My tongue is mangled now. WHY DIDN’T YOU STOP ME?

@Taylor F I asked him what the “F” stood for. He told me the answer. I didn’t like the answer because it wasn’t funnel cake.

Guh-Huzzah! Guh-Huzzah! I wanted to know how many live chickens he’s eaten. He said none. That’s an unacceptable number.

Gentlepanda Gentlepanda He used a “No U” card on me, and now my species is endangered.

Wademan94 Wademan94 he keeps telling me to stop kidnapping puppies. Why are you trying to discourage my hobbies???
If my life depends on it, I can change it, perhaps.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
I’m bored so

I can see either a new Single Player mode, or a new Online mode. 3.0.0 came with a bunch of new features, all which tied to both single player and online in some way, 3.1.0 came with VR, 4.0.0 mostly got new online modes with an extra difficulty in WoL, so it's probable we get one and/or the other.

The odd one out was 2.0.0, which added a new local multiplayer mode.

DerpingPikachu

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5074-6946-5113
I’m bored so

I'd love new modes, I miss home run contest and smash run tbh. I know trophies aren't coming back but I miss those too.

Dyllybirdy

Smash Hero

Aww, you don't hate me? ****.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom