• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

If the Amazon burns to nothing, which it likely won't, but if it does, we lose 20% of the oxygen on Earth and almost one half of all wildlife.

crap
I hate this so much I don't want to die I barely got to live my life as it is if people in authority were to do something they would've already done it as it's been burning for three whole weeks. I'm getting so freaked out by this. I could actually see the World going extinct by 2030-2040 or less with how stupid and careless people are. I'm seriously freaking out.

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
The ****ing Amazon has been burning for weeks and no one has said anything

The human race will go extinct sooner than I thought it would
Oh, please. I'm sure people will get by just fine without Amazon. Besides, they've got so much cash, it's probably cheaper for them to just let the fire keep burning than to put it out and hire someone to repair the damages.

...Wait, we're talking about the same Amazon, aren't we?

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Ever wanted to see Wario and Dr. Eggman without their shirts on?

...no?

Well, you're going to see it anyway.
I can't believe they actually posted photo of me without my shirt on without my permission.

Those ass ***** ************.

Noipoi

Howdy!
Oh, please. I'm sure people will get by just fine without Amazon. Besides, they've got so much cash, it's probably cheaper for them to just let the fire keep burning than to put it out and hire someone to repair the damages.

...Wait, we're talking about the same Amazon, aren't we?
There are two Amazons, dingus.

One helps sustain all life on earth.

And the other’s a forest.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Edelgard dropped as hard as a diamond while Dimitri and Claude stayed 1st and 2nd
It should be noted that the poll had a relatively small sample size and was very much skewed toward women as far as numbers. Dimitri is incredibly popular among women, so that's not a surprise. The in-game useage stats definitely show the Black Eagles as the most popular house when looking worldwide though.

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
I find it odd how people seemed to pay more note to the Notre Dame fire, while nowhere near as many people seem to care about the mother****ing Amazon Rainforest burning at a record pace.

It's the "lungs of the earth" for ****'s sake.
Personally im just burned out (no pun intended sorry) on all the doomsaying on the news. Especially nowadays when most news sources are more dedicated to making people outraged and angry. It really tires a guy out.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I find it odd how people seemed to pay more note to the Notre Dame fire, while nowhere near as many people seem to care about the mother****ing Amazon Rainforest burning at a record pace.

I'd say more but the thread rules don't permit me to say my full thoughts.

Noipoi

Howdy!
In all seriousness it’s messed up and I hope it gets fixed soon.

Why is no one doing anything about it? That’s my question.

D

Deleted member

Most people weren't even aware it was happening until recent reports started to come out. And even then it's comparing an event that happened in a city to a mostly uninhabited rainforest.
It's absolutely awful that it's happening but it's unfair to deride the every day people for something they couldn't have even known about without someone else speaking up.

Dyllybirdy

Smash Hero
Most people weren't even aware it was happening until recent reports started to come out. And even then it's comparing an event that happened in a city to a mostly uninhabited rainforest.
It's absolutely awful that it's happening but it's unfair to deride the every day people for something they couldn't have even known about without someone else speaking up.
Hmph, that isn't exactly what I was trying to say, but you're right nonetheless.

D

Deleted member

Hmph, that isn't exactly what I was trying to say, but you're right nonetheless.
My bad, guess I just read into your post the wrong way. What did you mean by it originally? The fact that it wasn't even being reported on until very recently when it's been going on for weeks?

Last edited by a moderator:

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
This reminds me of that Earthquake in Japan last year that most of us only found out about when that Nintendo Direct got delayed.

You'd think with how much they love fear mongering, news stations would report on this stuff more.

Last edited:

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
In all seriousness it’s messed up and I hope it gets fixed soon.

Why is no one doing anything about it? That’s my question.
Have you tried putting out a forest fire?

also have you tried to put out a forest fire the size of the Amazon that the goverment is doing?

Last edited:

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
Yeah, real tiring to see the Brazilian president destroying a huge *** forest for profits
I'm just saying the news repeating the same things at nauseum just starts to wear you down after a while.

There comes a point where you have to just focus on something else or else you put your mental health at risk.

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
The Amazon Rainforest fire, sorry I was ckear on that.

The reason it reminds me of the Earthquake last year is because no one seems to be covering it.
I clearly remember people covering that though because of the Direct delay. That being said, I remember the deadly storms and heatwaves barely getting attention despite some ****nugget going "OMGOMGOMG THE BLOG OF THE SMASH SITE IS LATE THIS CLEARLY MEANS A NEWCOMER WILL BE REVEALED AND HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH THAT FLOOD"

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870
I feel exhausted. For multiple reasons, and while today has been good overall I can't seem to get enthused about anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom