• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Now I'm not saying the lack of Three Houses spirits is suspicious, but I'm also not saying it's not suspicious. :p

Wyoming

Connery, Sean
Switch FC
7748-5364-3982
One thing that I find mildly interesting is the lack of Three Houses Spirits. Might get some at a later date long after Three House's release like the Peachette Spirit getting released in May, or we might not get any at all just like Crafted World (though we did already have Crafted Yoshi's Spirit at launch).

It could end up being nothing, but I think it's interesting regardless.
Maker 2 did not get any as well. Builder Luigi, Builder Toadette, Builder Toad would all be easy spirits to add, yet are not.

Astral Chain having spirits or not will make or break this theory regardless. If not, then it means nothing. If so, it's odd.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Maker 2 did not get any as well. Builder Luigi, Builder Toadette, Builder Toad would all be easy spirits to add, yet are not.

Astral Chain having spirits or not will make or break this theory regardless. If not, then it means nothing. If so, it's odd.
I mean, if they do then one can argue that they'd be making it TOO obvious by not having their major release in their new cashcow franchisrle

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Also I should point out that the Link’s Awakening Remake spirits were patched in, not by the gift system, LONG before the game will actually release, so

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
Any news on if it’ll have voice acting? Heard a rumor that it would
Sorry for being terribly late on this, but unfortunately that seems to be a no. It seems to have just been another false rumor playing on fan wants.

Now I'm not saying the lack of Three Houses spirits is suspicious, but I'm also not saying it's not suspicious. :p
I wouldn't place too much thought on it for now. As said before, TH is not the only new game lacking spirits and we still haven't heard anything on Astral Chains despite it coming out very soon, so it could just be inconsistent advertising.

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238

Well, yes and no. MM2 never got any Spirits that were blatantly related (Builder Mario, Luigi, Toadette, etc.), but PP's Spirit comes from that game.

As for Astral Chain, I don't think it'll be much of a deciding factor. Even if Three Houses already had Spirits, Astral Chain is so niche that I could see them just skipping it entirely.

Last edited:

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
I'm playing the demo right now.

First off, how long is it? I swear, it felt like it was gonna end like 5 times by now, but it keeps going on.

Secondly, is it me, or does the prolouge gibe heavy DB vibes when Gohan met Goku and raised him as his own?

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
First off, how long is it? I swear, it felt like it was gonna end like 5 times by now, but it keeps going on.
Im hearing people say its a 10hr demo while watching gamexplain. we started joking saying the demo ends right before the final boss and that the demo lets you find a partner, settle down and raise a family

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

No blood or gore in this, so I figure it’s fine to post.

Why does the Joker look like Ellen De Generis?

this all but confirms that Switch datamine, Which means Ash, Fujin, and Sheeva will be in KP2. Wonder who else will join with them.
I can’t believe :ultjoker: got in mk11 :4pacman:

Jokes aside Since the slayer isn’t present I got a good felling he’ll join smash

If that tweet trade from Ed a while ack anything to go one of them should be Doom Slayer.
I don’t think you should take that tweet seriously since he said he like to joke with teases a lot in interviews

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
Im hearing people say its a 10hr demo while watching gamexplain. we started joking saying the demo ends right before the final boss and that the demo lets you find a partner, settle down and raise a family
square in general seems to absolutely love extensive demos

the octopath demo lets you play everyone's first chapter, and the bravely demos were 10 hours long each

D

Deleted member

I was gonna pre purchace dq11 just because of the hero in smash making me interested in the series but seeing this and the dlc just makes me want September to come closer

Gyrom8

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-4844-4242-3130
OK, so hear me out: the reason we didn't get any MM2 spirits is that Yamamura is FP#4.
I would unironically love that

Plus some insider posted a hint towards something that was a photo of a bird on a roof, so Yamamura's basically a lock

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
One thing that I find mildly interesting is the lack of Three Houses Spirits. Might get some at a later date long after Three House's release like the Peachette Spirit getting released in May, or we might not get any at all just like Crafted World (though we did already have Crafted Yoshi's Spirit at launch).

It could end up being nothing, but I think it's interesting regardless.
I'd honestly be okay with Byleth making it into Smash.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
I can’t believe :ultjoker: got in mk11 :4pacman:

Jokes aside Since the slayer isn’t present I got a good felling he’ll join smash

I don’t think you should take that tweet seriously since he said he like to joke with teases a lot in interviews
Yeah. I remember in mkx he had a huge series of tweets that was full of nothing but red herrings. Made me excited for Sweet Tooth from Twisted Metal for no reason.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Unfortunately if Sweet Tooth were to be in MK11 he'd have to be Playstation exclusive.

Lets see...Who could the final three be...Joker and Terminator were added due to promotion so I'd assume one or both of those guest fighters left to be announced will be due to promotion.

Well there's a Candyman movie coming out next year. There's also The Grudge beginning of next year. Michael Myers given Halloween Kills of next year. Maybe there's still a chance for Pennywise as well given It: Chapter Two next month. There's Rambo as well given Rambo 4.

As for Mortal Kombat characters. Only one I can think is from the new Mortal Kombat movie the year after which is suppose to feature an new original character so perhaps him/her?

All I can think of really.

D

Deleted member

Unfortunately if Sweet Tooth were to be in MK11 he'd have to be Playstation exclusive.

Lets see...Who could the final three be...Joker and Terminator were added due to promotion so I'd assume one or both of those guest fighters left to be announced will be due to promotion.

Well there's a Candyman movie coming out next year. There's also The Grudge beginning of next year. Michael Myers given Halloween Kills of next year. Maybe there's still a chance for Pennywise as well given It: Chapter Two next month. There's Rambo as well given Rambo 4.

As for Mortal Kombat characters. Only one I can think is from the new Mortal Kombat movie the year after which is suppose to feature an new original character so perhaps him/her?

All I can think of really.
I demand justice for Takeda
He's already in like 4 arcade endings and is referenced constantly in intro dialogues so just go all the way and make him playable.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Throwing in the bone to say the final three are these characters.

Doom Slayer (His popularity is really high right now to pass out on. I'd be surprised if he wasn't added)
Michael Myers
Original Mortal Kombat character in new movie

Last edited:

Noipoi

Howdy!
tfw you’ve got somewhere to be in a few hours
tfw you didn’t even stay up last night
tfw when you just woke up 20 minutes ago and now you have to rush to get ready
D50A900B-5D53-47D7-9EC6-6EA31AF52345.jpeg

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Listen I know he easily fits in mk11 but...the heads of doom talked about mk11 in an interview. Go to 7:27
From what it sounds like it seems like they're under the possibility of it happening though I can still be wrong about my prediction among the final three. So still gonna stick with it.

Also remember Grant Kirkhope how he was doubting Banjo's possibility being in Smash. Look how that turned out. I recall Todd McFarlane was the same with Spawn long ago seemingly having been hesitated before giving them permission to use his character and then hinting at him a while back prior to his conformance.

All they simply just said was how it would be cool to have Doom Slayer in. They didn't say he is going to be in or imply that.

Last edited:

Rangez

Dimensional Dile-Up
I'm still in job application limbo. How's school going for ya?
I'm just chillin until school starts, what's up with you?
It was pretty nice to be back there. I attend a charter school, so it's much smaller compared to all the others and we mainly use computers. But the staff and teachers have been trying to make the school a bit more traditional by adding schedules for different classrooms for the students to enter in. Back then, it was much more carefree and relaxing as we're allowed to switch classrooms whenever we wanted, we can choose to come either in the morning or afternoon hours, and every friday of each week is completely optional.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom