• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
I still find it hilarious that freaking Pac Man was revealed behind closed doors but Palutena was picked as the character to be revealed front and center at E3.
pac-man gives you stocks from businessmen
anime girls give you something else entirely

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
I still find it hilarious that freaking Pac Man was revealed behind closed doors but Palutena was picked as the character to be revealed front and center at E3.
They knew that Anime = Power

D

Deleted member

I am happy for the nice people that want Banjo, and I am fine with Banjo too, but...
I am just an idiot.
Report me to the C.I.A already. They will make me burn my house down, and then they will arrest me.
The C.I.A do not like posters like me.

Last edited by a moderator:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
I can't believe we live in a world where a ****ing Dragon Quest character and Banjo are considered the likeliest picks for smash after a Persona character set the precedent for dlc.
Man. It really do be like that.

I am fine with Kazooie, but Banjo irks me.
He just looks so arrogant and cocky.
Bro what? That's literally the opposite.

But Pac-Man was still the best reveal of that E3.

Captain Shwampy

Smash Master
I am happy for the nice people that want Banjo, and I am fine with Banjo too, but...
I am just an idiot.
Report me to the C.I.A already. They will make me burn my house down, and then they will arrest me.
I think Rare characters are ugly as **** too dude lol

but if K Rool shows anything, smash team artist can probably making him appealing.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
I am just an idiot.
I hate myself.
Just ban me already.
If Steve and Phoenix Wright are revealed at E3, I will delete my account.

I will have no need to post here anymore.
i think someone needs their modem unplugged for a while :186:

shiny with all due respect what the **** does this mean
HOW AM I THE ONLY ONE WHO HAS NOTICED THIS

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
What is this logic?

Banjo would be the "Big western name".

Your logic dictates we'd need a "Big eastern name" to balance it out.
I never meant to imply banjo couldn’t be the big western third party to go with erdrick. I was saying that whoever it is, I think there will be a western character to go with erdrick.

yeah every american in the world was sure excited for :4palutena: huh
That has nothing to do with my point though.

Palutena isn’t a third party. Third parties are always at E3 and meant to be the highlight characters. Also my post was on western vs eastern third parties.

And with kid Icarus uprising a pretty popular game worldwide palutena doesn’t fall completely to one of those sides.

The point is we usually have big third party characters to compliment other reveals. That’s not changing here.

Izanagi97

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-2051-8893-9128
the banjo thread is gonna go violent if banjo doesn't get confirmed now, and that fills me with a mortal terror
Yeah, **** will definitely go down there if Banjo doesn't get confirmed and all this merchandising going on is just some cynical marketing strat

Someone said that they wanted to show off the new custom move stuff at E3 with Palutena and the Miis even though those ended up being crap once the game came out (Palutena and Miis were the only ones with unique customs with everyone else being relegated to move variations and grinding for the customs made Warframe's Hema research look reasonable) but I'm still of the opinion that the only reason she was front and center was one example the Kid Icarus Uprising bias that was going on in Smash 4

Noipoi

Howdy!
Not gonna act like it’s confirmed, but if the rumors are true than Banjo would be really really cool!

Also Shiny what’s up with you?

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
I think we could get a Switch version of Rare Replay, which would replace the XBox 360 versions of the B-K games with the original N64 versions, remove the other 360 stuff, use the N64 versions of Perfect Dark and Conker's Bad Fur Day, and add some Nintendo games that Rare developed such as Donkey Kong Country, DK64 and Diddy Kong Racing.

This could also be something that Nintendo would announce instead of Microsoft, as it's a Switch-exclusive version unless Nintendo suddenly allows Donkey Kong on XBox.

We could also potentially get HD remakes of Banjo-Kazooie and Tooie if not a new game, but I won't count on it.

Last edited:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
I think Rare characters are ugly as **** too dude lol

but if K Rool shows anything, smash team artist can probably making him appealing.
I think Diddy and Dixie got pretty good designs. As does OG Fulgore, Glacius and Spinal too I feel.

I'm sure Banjo would turn out fine.

D

Deleted member

I am just an idiot.
Shiny, I understand you may be a bit distressed, but please calm down a bit mate.
EA1E5F94-584C-4BE9-9423-0A95EFC6ABF5.jpeg

Noipoi

Howdy!
self loathing is very bad what
This is very true

A few years ago I thought I was hot garbage and I was pretty sad all the time

Now I think I’m God’s gift to humanity and I’m pretty happy all the time

Not really, but I did change how I viewed myself and I’m much happier

Shroob

Sup?
So just thinking out loud here.

June: Erdrick+Banjo and E3, Erdrick released "Now" and Banjo slated for August/September.

August/September: Banjo released, Direct is dropped, new character teased for November/December.

November/December: Character 4 is released, character 5 is teased for Feb with a final presentation.

Feb 2020: Final character/Smash Direct.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
I think we could get a Switch version of Rare Replay, which would replace the XBox 360 versions of the B-K games with the original N64 versions, remove the other 360 stuff, use the N64 versions of Perfect Dark and Conker's Bad Fur Day, and add some Nintendo games that Rare developed such as Donkey Kong Country, DK64 and Diddy Kong Racing.

This could also be something that Nintendo would announce instead of Microsoft, as it's a Switch-exclusive version unless Nintendo suddenly allows Donkey Kong on XBox.

We could also potentially get HD remakes of Banjo-Kazooie and Tooie if not a new game, but I won't count on it.
Oh god no. The Xbox versions of those games are just... better. Like, they have more a forgiving save system and stuff like that.

Would they really need to remove the Xbox games though? Like, the Switch can run them. And they’re mostly really good. So why exclude them.

They should totally add the DKC games though. And Goldeneye 007.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
i don't think we'll get full blown reveal of #2, but i think we'll get a teaser like joker but gameplay and whatnot with #1

honestly can't make bets but always hoping for fulgore / doomguy combo in my head :4dk: the heavy metal OST combo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom