• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

BlueMonk

Smash Champion
The difference is that NoJ are picking the DLC characters, and there is no ballot to help Banjo anymore. Fan demand isn't enough to get him as DLC, he needs a new game.
eh, those reasons don't seem very strong to me. NoJ is picking the characters, but they would still be aware of what would sell in the west. There's also no reason to believe that the ballot wouldn't be used, Sakurai's still going to be thinking of that when picking characters.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
I could see it possibly a ying for yang thing for both sides of the world to have something, but we'll see. I think either way you end up with one side of the world being ''Who?" about it.
Unlike Japan, we got the gif game on lock when Erdrick is shown off.

WHO.gif

Wunderwaft

Smash Master
eh, those reasons don't seem very strong to me. NoJ is picking the characters, but they would still be aware of what would sell in the west. There's also no reason to believe that the ballot wouldn't be used, Sakurai's still going to be thinking of that when picking characters.
The reason why I don't think the ballot is playing a role for the DLC selection is because we got Joker, who didn't even exist when the ballot was happening. It's an old poll that was used for the base roster of Ultimate, it's outdated right now and if Nintendo would ever rely on a ballot then they would host a new one, which they didn't do.

BlueMonk

Smash Champion
The reason why I don't think the ballot is playing a role for the DLC selection is because we got Joker, who didn't even exist when the ballot was happening. It's an old poll that was used for the base roster of Ultimate, it's outdated right now and if Nintendo would ever rely on a ballot then they would host a new one, which they didn't do.
I guess that makes some sense. But it doesn't exactly take a ballot to see that Banjo's popular.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
I could see it possibly a ying for yang thing for both sides of the world to have something, but we'll see. I think either way you end up with one side of the world being ''Who?" about it.
That’s why i’ve Been saying it’s the perfect plan. Persona 5, Dark Souls, heck even Crash Bandicoot are justvas big in both regions. Banjo and Erdrick need to be revealed together so they don’t exclude either region from the hype.

King Sonnn DeDeDoo

Smash Champion
The difference is that NoJ are picking the DLC characters, and there is no ballot to help Banjo anymore. Fan demand isn't enough to get him as DLC, he needs a new game.

Because Microsoft owns the IP?
It would make no sense for a new Banjo game to not be available on the Xbox One.
Was it ever confirmed that it was just Nintendo of Japan picking the characters? I thought Sakurai just said it was “Nintendo”, not specifying if it was just the Japanese branch or the extended company.

D

Deleted member

I can't believe we live in a world where a ****ing Dragon Quest character and Banjo are considered the likeliest picks for smash after a Persona character set the precedent for dlc.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Was it ever confirmed that it was just Nintendo of Japan picking the characters? I thought Sakurai just said it was “Nintendo”, not specifying if it was just the Japanese branch or the extended company.
Sakurai picked them from a list given by "Nintendo".

or at least that's what i've gotten out of it

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
And even then, there is some confusion as to how Nintendo selected things.

Shroob

Sup?
I mean.

Do I buy it? Not really.

But 2 reveals at E3 seems pretty damn likely considering the past.....4 E3s now.

Erdrick and Banjo as a double trouble reveal with Erdrick being released the day of with Banjo in like, August/Sept makes sense.

Wunderwaft

Smash Master
The only thing we know is that the DLC was chosen without Sakurai's consent, he said as much in his book.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I’m still team no Erdrick( he’ll possibly no square rep period), and Microsoft gets a rep.

Which I’ll go in on now and say it’s banjo, but I also think we get Leon Or Jill.

Capcom seems to have their characters revealed at E3 each time( Ken brings an exception for being from a series capcom already had repped in smash and because he was an echo.)

So Im going with Leon/Jill and Banjo as the smash E3 reveals. No square rep, I still feel like erdrick was leak bait but that’s just my hunch.

I just like fun predictions and I don’t have any concrete evidence for my thoughts but I’ll see if my guess is right and if not it will be fun either way.

I’ll be happy for whoever gets their character in.

BlueMonk

Smash Champion
The only thing we know is that the DLC was chosen without Sakurai's consent, he said as much in his book.
I thought his tweet implied that it was more like Nintendo had a list of characters that he had to choose from?

Captain Shwampy

Smash Master
I think Erdrick would get swallowed alive by the Banjo news. It'd be such an unfortunate time to reveal him.

So it's either Banjo by himself or Banjo gets reveal alongside another long standing fan want like Isaac/Geno/etc.

Someone who wouldn't totally get eaten alive on either side of the planet.

How does Japan feel about Banjo-Kazooie actually?
That Dragon Quest Walk game got a huge reaction in Japan so I imagine just having anything DQ in Smash would get a huge reaction in japan

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
If we do get erdrick I still stand by that he’s not alone if shown at E3.

He doesn’t have the western appeal so there has to be another big western name to balance out the reactions. At least that’s my personal thoughts

Wunderwaft

Smash Master
I thought his tweet implied that it was more like Nintendo had a list of characters that he had to choose from?
Look up the link in my previous post, more new info came from his book. We know from it that the ballot isn't being used and the DLC was decided without Sakurai's will.

Shroob

Sup?
I think Erdrick would get swallowed alive by the Banjo news. It'd be such an unfortunate time to reveal him.

So it's either Banjo by himself or Banjo gets reveal alongside another long standing fan want like Isaac/Geno/etc.

Someone who wouldn't totally get eaten alive on either side of the planet.

How does Japan feel about Banjo-Kazooie actually?
He'd get overshadowed.... In the west.

Japan is crazy about DQ.

Least I remind everyone that a new game coming out is a legitimate excuse to just "Not go to work" in that country.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
That Dragon Quest Walk game got a huge reaction in Japan so I imagine just having anything DQ in Smash would get a huge reaction in japan

Well, obviously I know that. THe question wasn't about how they'd react to the game they've given an unofficial holiday. Lol.

It was about how they would react to Banjo-Kazooie if it was just Banjo at E3.

D

Deleted member

If Banjo and Erdrick are not in, then this proves that Nintendo is good at fooling people.

Either way, expect Banjo and Erdrick, everyone.

:I

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
Banjo collection or a new game would be released for both Xbox One and Nintendo Switch. Microsoft owns the IP, or at least the studio that owns the IP. They would obviously release it on their own system, as that makes sense.

The collaboration with Nintendo is what would bring it to Nintendo platforms, just like Cuphead and other titles.

Considering prior Smash presentations at E3 have had two reveals, I can see Erdrick and Banjo happening. Dragon Quest XI has an upcoming release and can be boosted in the West by a Smash pick, while the relationship with Microsoft gets stronger with Banjo coming back for Nintendo fans, a major demographic with interest in the series.

Banjo Kazooie is a big deal, mainly to the west and not Japan. Both reveals are major for different reasons, so to act as if one would completely eclipse the other is a tad of a stretch in my opinion.

If Erdrick is release immediately while Banjo release later this summer, there’s still a focus on both character independent of each other.

I think it’s going to come down to a Banjo-Kazooie collection at the Microsoft conference.

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
If we do get erdrick I still stand by that he’s not alone if shown at E3.

He doesn’t have the western appeal so there has to be another big western name to balance out the reactions. At least that’s my personal thoughts
What is this logic?

Banjo would be the "Big western name".

Your logic dictates we'd need a "Big eastern name" to balance it out.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511

Looking forward for "Dragon Quest Nap" now

D

Deleted member

If Steve and Phoenix Wright are revealed at E3, I will delete my account.

I will have no need to post here anymore.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
yeah every american in the world was sure excited for :4palutena: huh

BlueMonk

Smash Champion
Look up the link in my previous post, more new info came from his book. We know from it that the ballot isn't being used and the DLC was decided without Sakurai's will.
I looked at it. The wording is vague, but I don't think it means that they chose the characters without Sakurai's permission.
I admit the wording is pretty ambiguous here as well, but it seems like Sakurai did have a degree of control over the dlc lineup. The general consensus has been that he chose from a list of characters that nintendo provided.

Shroob

Sup?
I'm not putting a lot of stock in the leak.

But 2 reveals at E3 is more than likely.

We're on a clock, and Nintendo really can't drag their feet on the last 4 reveals unless they plan to lump them all together at the end like they did with Smash 4, which I doubt.

We basically need a character reveal(not release) every-other month to hit schedule of Feb 2020.

Wunderwaft

Smash Master
yeah every american in the world was sure excited for :4palutena: huh
I still find it hilarious that freaking Pac Man was revealed behind closed doors but Palutena was picked as the character to be revealed front and center at E3.

D

Deleted member

I am fine with Kazooie, but Banjo irks me.
He just looks so arrogant and cocky.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom