• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
I'm excited to fight over the validity of Banjo for the next week
it's not the validity of banjo, it's the validity of the "leak" or "hint"

what really matters is the validity of it all actually being master chief in the end despite what people said :222: now that is an epic gamer moment.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Click Clock Woods music or riot.

Please, Matzo-Gyro Side-o-Fries.

Alternis

Ignore the user in front of you
NNID
GeneralO
Switch FC
SW-1137-6792-9994
Honestly the most upset I'd be is that we aren't getting my son Banjo but rather some carpet rug. Sorry guys but Banjo Ryuga can give me Norio Wakamoto
But Metal Face is already in Smash. :194:

Iridium

Smash Hero
Wasn't here for too long today, but I still don't see Banjo getting in. Not by this leak, that is.

Last edited:

Gyrom8

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-4844-4242-3130
People waiting for years might get Banjo and I finally get to stop seeing requests for him all the****ING TIME JESUS CHRIST ENOUGH ALREADY on Twitter

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
Oh look at that! Smash talk is back! Lol.

The reveal could very likely be Erdrick and Banjo.

Be careful though. Even if admins know now, there’s a solid chance the actual info will leak beforehand.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
View attachment 225856

wtf bro thats too far why would you hit me where it hurts wtf

a man got assist trophy'd it's not funny bro
I forgot you supported Waluigi. I was gonna make it Shantae but figured that was a low blow.

If come Tuesday Banjo is revealed and there's no Erdrick in sight. I am rightfully permitted to post:

''Guh Huh. You thought it was Erdrick, but it was I, Banjo all along!"

Twenty times in one post.
Will the font steadily increase or not?

King Sonnn DeDeDoo

Smash Champion
So, if we do get Banjo, what does that mean for the speculation scene?
Man I don’t even really know, most of the vocal support groups would have their character already confirmed or disconfirmed, except maybe Geno.

I do wonder which characters would gather more steam in support after that, but it’s kind of a Wild West of speculation with no major support groups. I think maybe Crash would get a boost in support since it would show a western 3rd party can get in.

BlueMonk

Smash Champion
the banjo thread is gonna go violent if banjo doesn't get confirmed now, and that fills me with a mortal terror

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
Man I don’t even really know, most of the vocal support groups would have their character already confirmed or disconfirmed, except maybe Geno.

I do wonder which characters would gather more steam in support after that, but it’s kind of a Wild West of speculation with no major support groups. I think maybe Crash would get a boost in support since it would show a western 3rd party can get in.
Geno would get much more support. Kind of the last big name of Brawl speculation. Banjo getting in would also assist Western characters to an extent, and I imagine previous leaks that included Banjo will get reexamined and have a surge of popularity.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030

Does this mean I can shill harder for the characters I like? Can we get Mega Man X to pull a Chrom of some kind?

Not a fan of the Banjo series myself, but I honestly hope the people who've been supporting him get their chance. I got it with Mega Man and Ridley, so I know people want the hype to be real.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
I forgot you supported Waluigi. I was gonna make it Shantae but figured that was a low blow.

Will the font steadily increase or not?
It will increase until the people of the Planet 29865 in the Gibiltron Galaxy can see that ****.

Wunderwaft

Smash Master
We don't have to wait long to see Banjo's status since Microsoft will be the first E3 presentation. If nothing Banjo related gets announced during Microsoft's conference then it means Banjo is still dead and so are his Smash chances. If he DOES get a new game then he will be as likely as Steve.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
I think Erdrick would get swallowed alive by the Banjo news. It'd be such an unfortunate time to reveal him.

So it's either Banjo by himself or Banjo gets reveal alongside another long standing fan want like Isaac/Geno/etc.

Someone who wouldn't totally get eaten alive on either side of the planet.

How does Japan feel about Banjo-Kazooie actually?

BlueMonk

Smash Champion
We don't have to wait long to see Banjo's status since Microsoft will be the first E3 presentation. If nothing Banjo related gets announced during Microsoft's conference then it means Banjo is still dead and so are his Smash chances. If he DOES get a new game then he will be as likely as Steve.
I wouldn't say he's dead if no game gets announced, k rool still managed to get in off of fan demand alone.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Too late to explore the earth
Too early to explore the space.

Just in time to see one or two threads implode next week.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
But what if the new game isn't for X Box systems. What if it's for Switch? Why would they announce Switch software at a Microsoft conference? Lol.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
I've been going through a rough week so far so I'm hoping E3 is at least going to be a short respite from that.

I swear to God, if Nintendo just didn't have any Smash character reveal, I'ma be so pissed.

D

Deleted member

I think Erdrick would get swallowed alive by the Banjo news. It'd be such an unfortunate time to reveal him.

So it's either Banjo by himself or Banjo gets reveal alongside another long standing fan want like Isaac/Geno/etc.

I think Japan would be extremely happy with Erdrick to give a crap about Banjo, being real. Banjo didn't take off there like it did in America. Similarly, Dragon Quest is a cult icon in Japan compared to America.

Last edited by a moderator:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
I think Japan would be extremely happy with Erdrick to give a crap about Banjo, being real. Banjo didn't take off there like it did in America.
pleasing the east and the west at the same time?

absolute madman

Wunderwaft

Smash Master
I wouldn't say he's dead if no game gets announced, k rool still managed to get in off of fan demand alone.
The difference is that NoJ are picking the DLC characters, and there is no ballot to help Banjo anymore. Fan demand isn't enough to get him as DLC, he needs a new game.

But what if the new game isn't for X Box systems. What if it's for Switch? Why would they announce Switch software at a Microsoft conference? Lol.
Because Microsoft owns the IP?
It would make no sense for a new Banjo game to not be available on the Xbox One.

EarlTamm

Smash Hero

That is true, Banjo would overshadow a 2nd rep easily, but I am sure there are more ways of countering it other than fan request.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
I think Japan would be extremely happy with Erdrick to give a crap about Banjo, being real. Banjo didn't take off there like it did in America.
I could see it possibly a ying for yang thing for both sides of the world to have something, but we'll see. I think either way you end up with one side of the world being ''Who?" about it.

KMDP

Smash Legend
Man, I keep forgetting to come back here. :I
I heard it was developed by two people.

Oh yeah, this?

Sonic Utopia has him do this, too.
Yeah, like that.
When I see Project Hero and Sonic Utopia I see how much potential 3D gameplay still has because right now these are easily the best and most faithful recreation of 2D physics in 3D...and that's where the level design that compliments the physics and gameplay elements comes in. With a game that replicates Sonic's 2D physics on a 3D plane, you can make some extravagant levels.
Yeah, there's a lot of gold to mine in Sonic that is going to waste.
No it's not, SEGA's cool with this kind of stuff.

Lack of budget and shifting around of developers. The guys who worked on Generations went to work on Mario & Sonic. The guys who worked on Forces were the branch who worked on Lost World.

Forces has far more problems than just being short and uninspired.

It's a full-on trainwreck built off of Lost World's engine with bad physics and linear, boring, and uninteresting straight line level design.

It's a smelly game that belongs in the bin and SEGA needs to wake up and start treating their mascot with respect by not allowing trash to hit the shelves.
...Yup.
I interrupt whatever topic on hand to share finally what I been doing here!

So, first of all, tagging @Dyllybirdy , @NateVO , KMDP KMDP & @KarneraMythos , so that you all can see.

Now that you're all here, I can share a still-not-done gif of my latest character, Marsa!

View attachment 225852
Forget the floating hand on the right, that character is much, much more normal than my previous OC, since she is pure human, outside of cyber legs of course, nonethless, I hope you enjoy.
I enjoy.

A very nice design. :)

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
Just in time to see one or two threads implode next week.
"you weren't there. you didn't see what i saw. a user unmasked, an entire website unraveling at the seams... it took days for some semblance of order to be restored, some kind of return to the norm. things wouldn't be the same, but we accepted it. knew it was the best we could hope for, given everything that had happened over the past few days.

and then that bear... that ****ing bear."

D

Deleted member

They're gonna announce Brave as Erdrick wearing a backpack containing Banjo.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
I don't see a new Banjo game not being on an X-Box system. Maybe they have a Cuphead situation where it's also on Switch. But I think MS would still want the title on their own console too. They could announce it on X-box, and have Nintendo confirm it for their presentation on Switch. And that's IF we're getting a new Banjo game. We know Battletoads is in the works.

I wish they ported over KI to Switch like they did with Cuphead. It'd be great for that game to have an even larger audience.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
This is true; i.e. if there's a Switch version of Rare Replay then Nintendo could announce it just as they did Cuphead on Switch and some other third-party stuff.

The difference is that NoJ are picking the DLC characters, and there is no ballot to help Banjo anymore. Fan demand isn't enough to get him as DLC, he needs a new game.
They could potentially have one fan-pick for DLC.

Last edited:

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
I could see it possibly a ying for yang thing for both sides of the world to have something, but we'll see. I think either way you end up with one side of the world being ''Who?" about it.
I don't really recall Japan paying attention to E3 that much, but I could be wrong.

Iko MattOrr

Smash Champion
NNID
Iko_MattOrr
something something uhhhhhhhh

Yeah it's the craziest person in the world going out of their way to make incredibly boring cardboard cut-out models using promotional material from the upcoming Grinch movie because he's thinking 47 steps ahead and knows that both Bandai-Namco and Universal studios contract the same obscure French marketing company. To this end, he then got himself an office, printed out the name of an employee of said company, and haphazardly half blurred out the name because, once again, he's some kind of super genius beyond the mental capacities of mortal man and he knew that the internet's crack team of cybersleuths would find his red-herring name in seconds.

This absolute Einstein of social engineering also happens to moonlight as an expert artist and after presumably spending hours carefully cutting and pasting characters from the Smash poster, he then went out of his way to produce 7 more drawings of his own with obscure elements like vines for Isaac that hardly anyone would be able to make out, and then, for the fun of it, he saw to making a completely unique drawing of the blank version of Battlefield just because he could. He made sure that this fake roster of his perfectly mirrored one posted on 4chan last month by someone whose first language clearly isn't English because he knew that people would immediately make the connection to the French marketing company that he is pretending produced this image. The fact that 5 new characters lines up with the 5 missing stages from Corocoro was all part of his master plan. He also made sure this coincided with Nintendo renewing relevant trademarks.

The lengths you have to go to believe that this is all an incredibly elaborate leak would make this man one of the most intelligent people to ever walk the Earth. Apparently he knew where people would look at every turn, making him at the minimum more competent than the entire government of Saudi Arabia when it comes to fakery. I suggest you think about which outcome is the most likely here.
So this became a sarcastic copypasta... this post (the original one actually) did not age well, it aged beautifully.

D

Deleted member

something something uhhhhhhhh

Yeah it's the craziest person in the world going out of their way to make incredibly boring cardboard cut-out models using promotional material from the upcoming Grinch movie because he's thinking 47 steps ahead and knows that both Bandai-Namco and Universal studios contract the same obscure French marketing company. To this end, he then got himself an office, printed out the name of an employee of said company, and haphazardly half blurred out the name because, once again, he's some kind of super genius beyond the mental capacities of mortal man and he knew that the internet's crack team of cybersleuths would find his red-herring name in seconds.

This absolute Einstein of social engineering also happens to moonlight as an expert artist and after presumably spending hours carefully cutting and pasting characters from the Smash poster, he then went out of his way to produce 7 more drawings of his own with obscure elements like vines for Isaac that hardly anyone would be able to make out, and then, for the fun of it, he saw to making a completely unique drawing of the blank version of Battlefield just because he could. He made sure that this fake roster of his perfectly mirrored one posted on 4chan last month by someone whose first language clearly isn't English because he knew that people would immediately make the connection to the French marketing company that he is pretending produced this image. The fact that 5 new characters lines up with the 5 missing stages from Corocoro was all part of his master plan. He also made sure this coincided with Nintendo renewing relevant trademarks.

The lengths you have to go to believe that this is all an incredibly elaborate leak would make this man one of the most intelligent people to ever walk the Earth. Apparently he knew where people would look at every turn, making him at the minimum more competent than the entire government of Saudi Arabia when it comes to fakery. I suggest you think about which outcome is the most likely here.
saudi arabia btfo i guess

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom