• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
Sakurai allows you to pick the last DLC character, but it can only be someone from one of the orginal 10 franchises in Smash 64. Who would you pick?

That's tough for me, because I really want a Gen 8 Pokemon (Zacian), but I also think Zelda could use another rep (Champion). A new Kirby character would be nice too (BWD).

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Sakurai allows you to pick the last DLC character, but it can only be someone from one of the orginal 10 franchises in Smash 64. Who would you pick?
pooooooooorky gaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaang

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed

That's tough for me, because I really want a Gen 8 Pokemon (Zacian), but I also think Zelda could use another rep (Champion). A new Kirby character would be nice too (BWD).
Paper Mario

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722

Dude...

DUUUUUUUUUUUDE!!!! :yoshi:

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
I've been seeing some misinformation. Wal-Mart has only said that they've been taking down video game ADS that feature violence or are for violent games, not that they're ending sales of games all together. Wal-Mart is a business, and they're not going to halt sales of something as popular as video games just like that, that would negatively affect their cash flow.
That's not the only misinformation--I read in an article that they're taking down ads that feature violent content, including hunting ads--that it's not targeted at video games, specifically.

DerpingPikachu

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5074-6946-5113

Porky or Skull kid. I'm always up for more Villains.

Raxxel

Hipster Heavyweight Champ
NNID
RaxxelAintHappy
3DS FC
2921-9637-8816

Bandana Dee EZ

Wyoming

Connery, Sean
Switch FC
7748-5364-3982

Black Shadow - based on his machine. Strong, but fast. Has a spinning move that has a sweetspot that launches hard (like in F-Zero) as well as moves he uses in GX's cutscenes.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium

Bandanda Dee of Dixie Kong.

Noipoi

Howdy!

Impidimp, Paper Mario, or Porky.

One of the three. Though Paper Mario is probably the best of the lmao.

CosmicQuark

Smash Master

Easy for me--Dixie Kong. Second choice would be Bandana Waddle Dee. And with Isabelle and Piranha Plant in, respectively, the arguments against them have lost their merit.

D

Deleted member

Leffen just beat Salem at SSC. Bye...
Clearly he didn't have enough research.

Tingle

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710

Waluigi, regardless of his assist trophy status (besides, it's pretty much within his character to be in two places at once, so it works)

What better way to end Smash Ultimate's hype train that gave us longtime demanded characters like Ridley, K.Rool, and Banjo Kazooie, than possibly one of the most highly requested characters still not in?

Last edited:

Noipoi

Howdy!
Waluigi, regardless of his assist trophy status (besides, it's pretty much within his character to be in two places at once, so it works)

What better way to end Smash Ultimate's hype train that gave us longtime demanded characters like Ridley, K.Rool, and Banjo Kazooie, than possibly one of the most highly demand characters still not in?
I change my answer to Waluigi

Gyrom8

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-4844-4242-3130

Skull Kid

ez pz

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
What better way to end Smash Ultimate's hype train that gave us longtime demanded characters like Ridley, K.Rool, and Banjo Kazooie, than possibly one of the most highly demand characters still not in?
insert geno comment here

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend

Gonna have to be Geno.

I'd also love Toad, Skull Kid, Bandana Waddle Dee/Marx/Dark Matter/Adeleine/Gooey (give me all of themmmm), Gengar, Porky, and Ninten.

Waluigi, Goomba, and Tingle would be cool, too.

Last edited:

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
On the topic of Waluigi, how would you all feel if we got an Assist Trophy character as a playable for the Fighters' Pass, but it isn't Waluigi?

Wunderwaft

Smash Master

Waluigi
I really do think he's the biggest Nintendo character not in Smash yet(not including Toad).

DerpingPikachu

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5074-6946-5113
I think Dixie deserves a spot, too. Been in most DK games and could have a pretty unique moveset with her hair flying and whatnot.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
On the topic of Waluigi, how would you all feel if we got an Assist Trophy character as a playable for the Fighters' Pass, but it isn't Waluigi?
sadness because it would confirm that sakurai just really really doesnt like waluigi

Wunderwaft

Smash Master
It would be weird. Waluigi is the only character I can imagine Nintendo changing their minds and promoting from assist trophy to playable in DLC. If they picked someone else then I imagine they really might not like the character after all or they believe he's not important enough for any big roles.

Last edited:

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
insert geno comment here
I feel like Waluigi inches ahead of Geno by a little bit due to the fact that he's still a pretty notable character outside of the general Smash community

Most people who've played a post 2000 Mario game are very likely to know about Waluigi

Meanwhile Geno's a one-off who's only really known among the hardcore Nintendo fanbase

So pretty much I feel like while Geno may be the better pick in terms of pleasing the hardcore fans, you're more likely to please the most people in total with Waluigi

It's just an overall safer bet

Last edited:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
its almost 2020

i dont know if geno has appeal anymore man, like i've played SMRPG and beaten it twice but i've never really gotten crazy over geno

honestly i'd rather have mallow

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
I said around the August Direct, and still believe, they should make a mode where where Assist becomes a playable character. All balance would be thrown out the window, and some would not have that many moves, but it's an optional mode. A lot of the assists, particularly the new ones like Alucard, look like they could be playable with how many moves they have. So, when selecting it, you get to bring up a list of compatible assist characters that you could play as.

It wouldn't be much of a help, however, given the arguments over which ones should have been compatible, and it would likely be considered not a big improvement enough to put that much development resources into. It sounded good, at the time, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom