• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
It's not Smash, but here's a decent rumor.

Pokemon Sword and Shield rumor.
Seems like they added a lot of fake info, or at least I hope so. Gyms seem fake, they have a lot while missing two.

That would suck if Bede steals your Pokémon and then it starts loving Bede since you can't get it back until late game...

edit: wait, were Team Yell, Marnie, and Bede in that first 4chan leak that's pretty much real?

edit 2: yes they were, thank goodness because I didn't want to entertain this newer one that goes too far into making you dislike Bede. This is pretty much some dude making stuff up while basing it all on the real leak.

Last edited:

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
Seems like they added a lot of fake info, or at least I hope so. Gyms seem fake, they have a lot while missing two.

That would suck if Bede steals your Pokémon and then it starts loving Bede since you can't get it back until late game...

edit: wait, were Team Yell, Marnie, and Bede in that first 4chan leak that's pretty much real?

edit 2: yes they were, thank goodness because I didn't want to entertain this newer one that goes too far into making you dislike Bede.
The only thing this leak predicted that wasn't in the older leak was Alolan Wheezing.

View attachment 234290
If this is legit, I don't think I'll ever have such a mix of opposite emotions quite like this

Not buying it personally, tho

Feel like it could be piggybacking off that other leak
It has a really weird mix of good and bad. Like a Pokedex of 600 Pokemon but very few new Pokemon.

I'm not sure if I want this to be true or fake.

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
It's not Smash, but here's a decent rumor.

Pokemon Sword and Shield rumor.
solid effort but breaks down into silly fanfic territory as soon as it gets to 'going on a mission to reveal the truth of the Pokemon League to Galar'

you're a silent protag, what the **** would 'exposing the truth' of the league even look like

Last edited:

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
View attachment 234291
View attachment 234292
If this is legit, I don't think I'll ever have such a mix of opposite emotions quite like this

Not buying it personally, tho

Feel like it could be piggybacking off that other leak
Talk about a yikes.

Also, yeah, not buying it. Unless it has a decent photo or it's from a reliable leaker, I won't even consider it. And even then, I tend to still stay suspicious.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
The only thing this leak predicted that wasn't in the older leak was Alolan Wheezing.
yeah I'm gonna chalk this one up as fake, I don't like it at all and that's an easy guess. The bads outweigh the goods imo. They'd be going way too far into making Bede unlikable by having him steal the starter of your choice, and making it have a bond with him at the end of the game when you can get it back if the former isn't already bad enough for people.

New Eeveelutions? cool.
Some other stuff? cool, nice or okay.
Bede steals your starter? Better not frickin happen.

Last edited:

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
Also hi, I just came back from work. How’s everyone doing today?
Not too bad.

Woke up feeling like doo-doo but now I've been recharged after my shower. It'll probably be a pretty quiet day for a little while so I may just goof off on some of those television games the youngsters seem to enjoy.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Also hi, I just came back from work. How’s everyone doing today?
Pretty good. I've got a quiet day until work this evening, so I started playing Metal Wolf Chaos. Somehow, the game is even more ridiculous than the stories that I've heard, and I was surprised to find out that it was made by From Software of Dark Souls fame.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Still early in Blue Lions myself, but there is one thing that I find superior in this route compared to the others.

The early battles involving Lonato, Miklan, and Gilbert have absolutely nothing to do with the characters in the other two houses. But with the Blue Lions, there's just a sliver extra weight behind what's happening that makes it all more meaningful. It's not a huge thing, to be sure, but it's just better in my eyes. Makes the early battles seem less disconnected from us.

It's my second New Game + run, and my Saint Statues are already maxed out, my professor has been maxed, and I've recruited everyone except Ferdinand who is being stubborn. This playthrough has been nutty so far lol. Maybe I'll use renown later on for some skill levels? I don't know. Seems unnecessary.

Not sure I'll have the motivation to actually go for the Church Route after this. My mind is split 50/50 on it. If I could just skip the first half of the game I'd gladly do it, but replaying content four times, especially having used everyone already, just seems kinda painful. Maybe I can put it on normal, auto the instructions and battles, and don't worry about quests and motivation.
The early maps have been fanatastic. The effects they have the blue lions really sheds light on the issues going on in foldann while also really developing those characters. It’s why I’ve enjoyed the route so much. I’m in chapter 8 now.

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
Got to Chapter 16 on the GD route.

While I knew I would have to fight the students, having to kill Ashe stung since I barely failed at getting him before the timeskip. I tried to avoid him, but Judith was about to be overrun and I couldn't risk Claude, Hilda, and Ingrid, so I had to fight him so that they could get through safely.

Next up is the bridge, should be straightforward from what I'm seeing, but I'll see if that holds.

D

Deleted member

Smash Flash 2 Character reveal again today!
Hoping for Aggretsuko, Isabelle or Jotaro
Expecting Dedede or Shovel Knight

Wyoming

Connery, Sean
Switch FC
7748-5364-3982
Bede can steal my starter if he wants as I never use the starter. It is dumped the moment I get my own starter at a decent level.

Why do I do this? I do not know...it is fun to me. Not really someone that likes using things handed to ya in games.

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545

GhostM

Phantom
Wait a minute, I figured out Nintendo’s plan all along. With the addition of Hero, it encourages people to rage and smash their controllers, which forces them to rebuy them to profit Nintendo.
Not true.

D

Deleted member

Smash Flash 2 Character reveal again today!
Hoping for Aggretsuko, Isabelle or Jotaro
Expecting Dedede or Shovel Knight
god dammit, the reveal isn't until AFTER the tournament...
which means there's just under 5 hours left...
the suspense is KILLING me

DerpingPikachu

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5074-6946-5113
god dammit, the reveal isn't until AFTER the tournament...
which means there's just under 5 hours left...
the suspense is KILLING me
5 hours? :(
I’m excited to see who it is though, would be neat to have K Rool, Banjo, or maybe Isabelle as far as veterans go. For newcomers maybe they could throw in Geno just cause he’s another fan fav.

CommanderZaktan

Smash Ace
Does anyone remember that one leak that showed Porky and Giygas? Has that been debunk by the person who made? If not, then I think I might know what that trailer might be.

DerpingPikachu

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5074-6946-5113
Does anyone remember that one leak that showed Porky and Giygas? Has that been debunk by the person who made? If not, then I think I might know what that trailer might be.
I’ve seen that, just the other day someone made another video on it. Is there actually good evidence to it being real though?

Mogisthelioma

Smash Master
Wait a minute, I figured out Nintendo’s plan all along. With the addition of Hero, it encourages people to rage and smash their controllers, which forces them to rebuy them to profit Nintendo.
Not true.
I guess this comes from Nintendo's talks with Bethesda....Todd Howard must have shared some of his insights.

CommanderZaktan

Smash Ace
I’ve seen that, just the other day someone made another video on it. Is there actually good evidence to it being real though?
Not an evidence but rather a theory. What if that part of the trailer was "leaked" intentionally by someone else? And that trailer was actually for someone else, someone that was inspired by Earthbound?

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
idk that Porky/Giygas "leak" looked p fake to me like something you could whip up in an hour in SFM

and then just took note of the font used for "Not actual gameplay footage"

StormC

Smash Hero
I think I've finally burned out on Smash speculation, there's nothing really left to talk about until we get more news, and that could be 2 months from now.

I just wish it was fall already.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
As a person who'd love for Porky to be in, I can't believe people actually thought that leak could be real.

I'm sure we all want Bede to be a jerk rival, but not THAT big of a jerk.
Yeah, I'd like a jerk rival, but not a Pokémon thief who takes it for the whole game...

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I hope the Pokemon rumor has some credibility
I want that Fairy/Poison cat Pokemon

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
I think I've finally burned out on Smash speculation, there's nothing really left to talk about until we get more news, and that could be 2 months from now.

I just wish it was fall already.

Banjo getting the first look at his Smash appearance while a frustrated Kazooie tries to watch.

By gawd, if that's not a taunt...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom